Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ESPN analyst: Go to Clemson to have fun but win at SEC schools
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 99
| visibility 1

TNET: ESPN analyst: Go to Clemson to have fun but win at SEC schools

Jul 31, 2018, 9:07 AM

ESPN analyst: Go to Clemson to have fun but win at SEC schools

Fall football practice starts around the country soon as national media pundits are busy sharing their opinions on television and radio about the upcoming seaso Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like UGA?***

Jul 31, 2018, 9:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

POTD

Jul 31, 2018, 9:14 AM

"Just because McElroy was probably screamed continuously at by Nick Saban during his experience at Alabama doesn't mean other schools can't win and still have fun."

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

McElroy, what a tool

Jul 31, 2018, 9:43 AM

Even Dabo says the fun is in the winning. Just because we are different doesn't make us worse. We will prove to have a more sustainable model than anyone other than Bama.

Hard to comprehend the arrogance of the SEC sometimes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You and FM tie for POTD imo guys! Well put!

Jul 31, 2018, 10:08 AM [ in reply to POTD ]

Screw EsecPN!

lol, like TAMU isnt coached by former FSU coach

Jul 31, 2018, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Like UGA?*** ]

UGA has had 1 great season in a row so far, so lets just wait to anoint them. We beat Bama (1/2), Aub, USUC, LSU, split UGA. We and FSU also have National titles, something no other team in the SEC not named Bama/Aub have since 2010.

Re: Like UGA?***

Jul 31, 2018, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Like UGA?*** ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Savage AF

Jul 31, 2018, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Like UGA?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Thank you Greg

Jul 31, 2018, 9:12 AM

This is the stuff our team needs to hear going into the season. Much appreciated

Re: Thank you Greg

Jul 31, 2018, 2:27 PM

Generally speaking, I enjoy listen to Greg Mac. But this was one stupid comment. Guess the SEC schools are not much fun. Should scare away about half the recruits.

Jul 31, 2018, 5:29 PM

Well you do know that spending most Saturday nights in jail isn't really all that much fun!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2018, 10:51 AM

That should scare away another 25% of the recruits.

Aside from the ignorant statement about Clemson

Jul 31, 2018, 9:16 AM

he said FSU is a place to go have fun but Texas A&M is a place where you can go to win? Am I wrong or did Jimbo just go from FSU to TAMU? Also, how many national championships has FSU won compared to TAMU?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

TAM has a 12th man and still can't win.***

Jul 31, 2018, 9:23 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

They joined the SEC for the softer schedule.

Jul 31, 2018, 10:34 AM

(As of July, 2017)

.515: Texas A&M's winning percentage between 2007 and 2011

.676: A&M's winning percentage since joining the SEC

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

And that was with a terrible coach they had to fire.***

Jul 31, 2018, 10:36 AM

And then made a lateral hire.

Jul 31, 2018, 11:15 AM

lmao

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: They joined the SEC for the softer schedule.

Jul 31, 2018, 11:58 AM [ in reply to They joined the SEC for the softer schedule. ]

And with them recruiting at a much higher rate........according to the "experts".

Well greg wasn't smart enough to get into clemson

Jul 31, 2018, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Aside from the ignorant statement about Clemson ]

So he will post some stupid stuff.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Good point. McElroy is an idiot.

Jul 31, 2018, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Aside from the ignorant statement about Clemson ]

Needs to just shut he's mouth when it comes to Clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Edit: his not he's***

Jul 31, 2018, 10:04 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Aside from the ignorant statement about Clemson

Jul 31, 2018, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Aside from the ignorant statement about Clemson ]

He’s a joke that couldn’t make it in the NFL. He is always taking shot at clemson and the ACC. Am ain’t $hit they haven’t won crap and uga hasn’t won a title since 1980, whole bunch of #### winning there alright. Greg is a joke and the track record shows it, always discounting clemson but we just keep winning. Does it matter we like to have fun while winning, nope but sec homers like him can’t stand that Clemson Is now a elite program and better than every school in the SEC besides bama when it comes to winning. We will see week 2 who’s about those X’s and O’s, when it comes to clemson and A&M and see what ol Greg says then. Go Tigers!!

To be fair to McElroy...

Jul 31, 2018, 9:18 AM

... he seems to be pretty reasonable on most things and hardly one to take cheap shots, certainly not at Clemson, with whom he has been very complimentary in the past. The "putt putt" remark was borderline chippy, but I can understand the gist of what he was saying, which is, in HIS OPINION, some schools are more serious about the business of football than others. I don't think he was saying you can't win and have fun at the same time.

Also to be fair, McElroy sucks and so does his face***

Jul 31, 2018, 9:19 AM

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Also to be fair, McElroy sucks and so does his face***

Jul 31, 2018, 9:22 AM

McElroy obviously is seeking attention as many desperate people do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Also to be fair, McElroy sucks and so does his face***

Jul 31, 2018, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Also to be fair, McElroy sucks and so does his face*** ]

To be fair I think he still suffers from the beating he took while at Bama from the coots. Most likely his most embarrassing football moment.

No.. greg is looking to keep his job on the sec network

Jul 31, 2018, 9:33 AM [ in reply to To be fair to McElroy... ]

Simple as that.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Not how I interpreted it seeing it on the show

Jul 31, 2018, 10:06 AM [ in reply to To be fair to McElroy... ]

it was more than borderline "chippy" imho.

Re: To be fair to McElroy...

Jul 31, 2018, 11:13 AM [ in reply to To be fair to McElroy... ]

Yeah, I didn't take it as a shot at Clemson. I felt like he just put us in the "fun" column because going to Clemson and playing at Clemson is just, well...fun!

Re: To be fair to McElroy...

Jul 31, 2018, 11:59 AM [ in reply to To be fair to McElroy... ]

Putt-putt-chippy, I get it. hahahaha

Dang, I wish I'd thought of that

Jul 31, 2018, 12:57 PM

I hope Caddie gave me a thumbs up.

I sort of agree, but only partly . . .

Aug 1, 2018, 1:18 PM [ in reply to To be fair to McElroy... ]

I think I get the benefit of the doubt you're trying to give him, and I sort of agree, but even so, if he was indeed saying - as you put it- that "some schools are more serious about the business of football than others," then the only way to interpret his remark is that Clemson is one of the schools that *isn't* as serious as those with head coaches with a more stern personalities and more rigid cultures. Now, I'm not taking shot at Greg for merely having a different opinion, if that' what he thinks, (like you said, he's a reasonable guy), but he's wrong simply b/c he's setting up a false dichotomy. The fact that Clemson has a more fun culture does not necessarily mean it's at the expense of being serious. He seems to think that it's necessarily a trade-off between fun and discipline. But discipline is not synonymous with rigidity. In fact, one of Dabo's really strong suits seems to be infusing fun without sacrificing seriousness and discipline. Greg might be assuming that the reason Clemson has so much fun is that they are a bit less disciplined, when maybe they aren't but are simply less rigid.

A&M zero championships this century

Jul 31, 2018, 9:20 AM

their last MNC was 79 years ago

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy is a Pisss Aunt!

Jul 31, 2018, 9:28 AM

Even while down on Howard's Field in DV covering for espn during our 2017 game with Auburn, he was so negative at times, particularly at the 3-4 minute mark with Clemson “only” leading 14-6 he made statement over & over that Auburn was only ONE score from tying the game.

I have laughed at film showing his losing to Ga & sc when he pitched for then #1 ranked Bama as a qb.

A conceited Jerk!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and UNCheat coach question football leads to CTE

Jul 31, 2018, 9:22 AM

nm

LOLz at the ignorance and disdain for CU***

Jul 31, 2018, 9:26 AM

The fun is in the winning!

Jul 31, 2018, 9:27 AM

nm

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha... thanks for the Bulletin Board post

Jul 31, 2018, 9:31 AM

All this amounts to is motivation for our team... and I'm fine with that.

National Championships in the Last 10 Years:
SEC Other Than Alabama: 2 (Auburn, Florida - not Georgia, TAMU)
ACC: 2 (Clemson, FSU)

If you take Bama out of the SEC, it looks almost exactly like the ACC in terms of winning on almost every metric.

National Championships by Current ACC Teams since the last time Georgia or TAMU won one: 11
Clemson: 2
FSU: 3
Miami: 5
Georgia Tech: 1

National Championships by SEC Teams other than Alabama since last time GA or TAMU won: 7
Florida: 3
Auburn: 1
LSU: 2
Tennessee: 1

Alabama has 6, so its 13 to 11 if you could Alabama. Exclude Alabama and Miami and its 7 for SEC, 6 for ACC.

The SEC is 100% riding Alabama's dynasty. The only thing they've accomplished that is noteworthy outside of that is the 2007-2010 run where 4 different SEC teams won the Championship. You can extend it to 2006-2012 for the whole SEC run. That period the SEC was pretty dominant even outside of Alabama. There is no other period outside of those 7 years where the SEC has been anywhere near as dominant.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Haha... thanks for the Bulletin Board post

Jul 31, 2018, 11:41 AM

Take Bama out and we have 3 maybe 4 NCs!

Re: TNET: ESPN analyst: Go to Clemson to have fun but win at SEC schools

Jul 31, 2018, 9:31 AM

Texas A&M hasn't won a conference championship since 1998 and hasn't won a NC since 1939. Georgia hasn't won a NC since 1980.

Just more SEC delusion of grandeur. And from a guy who

Jul 31, 2018, 9:34 AM

played for the biggest diquehead coach in football. I SO want Alabama again in January. And with a QB who can throw down the field accurately this time.

Re: Just more SEC delusion of grandeur. And from a guy who

Jul 31, 2018, 10:16 AM

Prick for sure .... when the Rolling Stones played at Grant Field several years ago, Saban wanted to go and called the GT Athletic Department and asked for a 5-person security detail. He was told that we will be "delighted for you to attend, but we are not providing you with security". What jackazz would think that because he was going out in public that they should be provided with security?

FSU DOES NOT HAVE PUTT PUTT, GREG

Jul 31, 2018, 9:35 AM

Get your facts straight.

"..join SC, 127 years and counting without a FB natty...."

Jul 31, 2018, 9:39 AM

..yeah!

Jul 31, 2018, 10:00 AM

If you want to be a no name qb then by all means go to an SEC school. Last time I checked when has any other school not named Alabama won anything? Keep pumping that SEC propaganda. No one is buying that garbage any more.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good

Jul 31, 2018, 10:03 AM

Nonsense like this makes it even MORE fun to be a Clemson person and experience what Clemson is doing.

How is this news at all? At best it is some idiot's opinion

Jul 31, 2018, 10:05 AM

and it isn't even an educated one since he obviously didn't do his homework before making this idiotic statement. I really wish Fox were handling the ACC Channel because I hate ESPN and their obvious lack of journalistic ethics. Also I would like to see FOX make an honest run at putting ESPN under as Disney lately seems to be imploding at anything it gets it's hands on. Look what they have done to Star Wars as they are trying to win back that following after bombing out on the Hans Solo movie. Then Kathleen Kennedy has screwed up Lucas Arts to the point he regrets ever bringing her in and handing her the reigns.

But I digress. The point is ESPN should NOT show the favoritism it is and expect to be rewarded for it by letting them have a shot at the ACC Network but here we are for whatever reason. They are certainly dragging their feet at it but hopefully, however doubtful, this means it will be done well.

The first rule of journalism is to be fair to all sides and show no favoritism. Ethics seems to be a course the clowns they hire blew off like some UNC athletes did their entire course loads.

What the heck does this have to do with FOX news?

Jul 31, 2018, 10:09 AM

Why does someone have to turn every sports related thing political?

If that is intended for me no mention of Fox News. I was

Jul 31, 2018, 10:19 AM

referring to Fox Sports compared to ESPN but nothing political there at all. You seem a little paranoid.

Not really.

Jul 31, 2018, 12:26 PM

Just appears you're trying to turn this into something about how unbiased Fox News is. I get it, you like Fox News. I would argue that many would not agree - thus political. I am not going to get into my opinions about it because it really doesn't matter.

Still don't see how it's relevant to the topic and just want a break from all the politics, you know?

Re: Not really.

Jul 31, 2018, 4:34 PM

I didn't take it that way at all. I thought he was simply trying to come up with another sports network other than ESPN. He did not mention anything political at all. You seem to be the one making it so.

Jul 31, 2018, 10:10 AM

FYI he's out on Twitter right now back-peddling. Go light him up! I did.

https://twitter.com/GregMcElroy/status/1024291108791054336

Why would we light him up, isn't that what he wants?***

Haven't we performed very well versus SEC schools lately and

Jul 31, 2018, 10:10 AM

even before lately!?

Jul 31, 2018, 10:16 AM

What he said was you need to go to an sec school if you too dumb to play putt-putt.

Re: TNET: ESPN analyst: Go to Clemson to have fun but win at SEC schools***

Jul 31, 2018, 10:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Well said, best first post ever

Jul 31, 2018, 10:35 AM

null

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

Mic drop.***

Jul 31, 2018, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN analyst: Go to Clemson to have fun but win at SEC schools*** ]

eSecPN's Baghdad Bob***

Jul 31, 2018, 10:25 AM

Water the Point Tree

Is this guy serious?

Jul 31, 2018, 10:27 AM

Other than Alabama, the last time we lost to a SEC school was the 2014 Georgia game.

if you want a ginger who made it the NFL you go with Andy Dalton

Jul 31, 2018, 10:30 AM

If you wanna have clean tun and play board games, you go with Greg McElroy.

I hate ESPN***

Jul 31, 2018, 10:30 AM

Re: I hate ESPN as much as the next guy

Jul 31, 2018, 10:47 AM

but I'll save my outrage on this one. I was watching it and wasn't offended by it at all. They say plenty more stuff to be offended by. Man, it's time to spot the ball so we can talk about real stuff.

Re: I hate ESPN as much as the next guy

Jul 31, 2018, 10:47 AM [ in reply to I hate ESPN*** ]

but I'll save my outrage on this one. I was watching it and wasn't offended by it at all. They say plenty more stuff to be offended by. Man, it's time to spot the ball so we can talk about real stuff.

EVERYBODY FREAK OUT

Jul 31, 2018, 10:31 AM

Dabo will issue a statement soon. Stay calm.

Win like SEC schools? He must have meant Alabama

...because they're the only program to win as much as Clemson.

'Bama is actually the ONLY SEC program winning at elite level recently. There are so many inconsistencies with his statement it's shameful.

Clemson has won more than OSU, OK, and definitely UGA (where it's not close). IN FACT, last I checked Clemson was winning more than EVERY team in the SEC not named Alabama!!!
Greg McElroy clearly has a substance abuse probelm.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just wait till we TRY to win.***

Jul 31, 2018, 10:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2018, 10:47 AM

What a knucklehead...Head-to-head we are 8-4 over the past 5 past seasons against the SEC. Very few, if any other power 5, has had that kind of success against the mighty SEC. The ESPN love affair with the SEC is downright disgusting. I hope SEC fans keep believing how great they are....while we keep putting a foot in their tail every time we get them on field. Oh yeah....I hope McElroy remembers .....we know how to have fun, win & graduate.

Note that Greg didn't mention that recruits like Clemson...

Jul 31, 2018, 10:52 AM

...because Swinney truly cares about them as students and people, not just as football players. Swinney makes it crystal clear to them, and their families, that he expects them to excel in academics and life as well as football. Be a real journalist Greg. Interview the recruits and the families Greg. Ask THEM why they chose Clemson. I'm effin' proud of the culture that Clemson has created under Swinney's leadership...and, yes, we have putt-putt and a slide TOO!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Jul 31, 2018, 11:12 AM
ElroyJetson.jpg(72.2 K)

FAKE NEWS***

Jul 31, 2018, 11:16 AM

Jul 31, 2018, 11:17 AM

he is unbiased right.........he played football in SEC at Bama and is employed by ESPN who is paid by the SEC.......this guy has no credibility and you can take this crap for what it is worth......which is just more clueless ESPN BS.........Go Tigers!!!!!!!!

Oh, oh!

Jul 31, 2018, 11:18 AM

Is Clemson fatigue finally setting in.....I like it. Go Tigers!!!

Jul 31, 2018, 11:22 AM

My favorite quote from McElroy. "Yep. There it is. A little mesh route. Same exact thing. What a play."

https://youtu.be/MC_KBTCmWns?t=3h45m40s

Re: TNET: ESPN analyst: Gbiase ESPN to Clemson to have fun but win at SEC schools

Jul 31, 2018, 11:46 AM

I'll add to the legion of great comments about a stupid, biased espn analyst. His opinion is so tainted by his football experience it nulls any objectivity. His point about winning tradition couldn't be more wrong concerning our Tigers. What an idiot. His comments are in the toilet forever more to me as he failed the acid test: reasoned facts, not opinionated drivel.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2018, 12:00 PM

Texas A&M has won 10+ games twice in 20 years. We have done it 7 years in a row. Sounds like a paid ad more than facts to me.

Now THAT was an extremely biased and stupid comment.***

Jul 31, 2018, 12:09 PM

What he said was just code for

Jul 31, 2018, 12:10 PM

If you want a job playing football and getting paid lots of cash while in college, come play in the SEC where we treat it as a pro league.

Jul 31, 2018, 12:32 PM

Found audio of what McElroy said and it was in reaction to a comment that a HS player/college recruit said after visiting Florida St (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_-dTWH7B6k) during a segment titled "Old School Programs Losing Their Appeal". So in many ways, Greg McElroy was guilty of being reactionary and taking the comments of a college recruit a bit personal because he (McElroy) went to Alabama, considered one of the old school/traditional programs of college football.

Be that as it may, this was SEC elite-ism on the part of Greg McElroy, a case of a person who thinks that because HE played and was successful in not only the SED, but Alabama, that the SEC is the best and ONLY way to go if you want to "win". I can understand why folks feel that what McElroy was a bit of a not so subtle shot at Clemson because tbh, it was. Given how how both Clemson and Ohio St. defeated Alabama as well as Florida St. defeating Auburn in the BCS playoffs all within the last five years, Greg McElroy's viewpoint is flatly WRONG. Bottom is while the SEC is still the SEC there's more than one way to get the job done.

Keep in mind that Dabo has always said that "the fun is in the winning" and that's what Clemson has been doing the last five years. With comments like this, you don't make a big deal about publicly. If I'm a Clemson player or coach, you keep in your mental rolodex and use it as fuel for the season. And if you get the opportunity to reach the BCS Playoff and play an SEC school, use it as motivation to kick butt. McElroy is again wrong and guilty of being an Alabama/SEC homer, it is what it is.

Jul 31, 2018, 12:55 PM

"As it turns out, having a winning record vs. the final Top 25 is quite the accomplishment. I found that only 3 non-SEC programs (Clemson, Ohio State and Oklahoma) could claim that during the Playoff era.
"I dug up the records vs. the final Top 25 for a bunch of other non-SEC programs (during the Playoff era):

Ohio State — 14-4 (.778)
Clemson — 14-6 (.700)
Oklahoma — 10-7 (.589)

"If you’re beating Top-25 teams more times than not, you’re an elite program. Period. The fact that Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State have done that at least 70 percent of the time is why they represent 9 of the 16 total Playoff berths.

As it turned out, Alabama and Georgia were the only SEC teams who had winning records vs. the Top 25 during the Playoff era. Add in Ole Miss and those were the only 3 SEC teams who even won more than 1/3 of their games vs. teams that finished in the Top 25.

Here’s the team-by-team breakdown:

Alabama — 18-5 (.783)
Georgia — 9-6 (.600)
Ole Miss — 8-11 (.421)
Auburn — 7-14 (.333)
LSU — 6-12 (.333)
Arkansas — 5-15 (.250)
Florida — 4-12 (.250)
Tennessee — 4-12 (.250)
South Carolina — 4-12 (.250)
Mississippi State — 3-12 (.200)
Texas A&M — 2-14 (.125)
Kentucky — 1-12 (.078)
Mizzou — 0-10 (.000)
Vanderbilt — 0-11 (.000)

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/who-actually-beats-good-teams-ap-top-25-interesting-playoff-trend/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go to Clemson to become a better man, go to ALABAMA to win

Jul 31, 2018, 12:58 PM

championships.

The rest of the SEC ain't all that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

McElroy should be CNN commentator

Jul 31, 2018, 1:00 PM

Mis-information and dou***bag comments may be a perfect in to the CNN Network.
He failed to mention that it's much easier (GPA wise) to get into the SEC than ACC...I'm sure that's not a problem/consideration for SEC commits!

Jul 31, 2018, 1:02 PM

Clemson VS SEC

Per year
W L T Win % PFPG PAPG
2017 2 1 0 66.7 18.0 13.3
2016 3 0 0 100.0 36.7 17.0
2015 1 1 0 50.0 38.5 38.5
2014 1 1 0 50.0 28.0 31.0
2013 1 1 0 50.0 27.5 33.0
2012 2 1 0 66.7 22.7 23.3
2011 1 1 0 50.0 25.5 29.0

Losses: 2017 'Bama in playoff, 2015, 'Bama in Championship Game,
2014 @#12 Georgia, 2013 @#10 SCAR, 2012 #12 SCAR, 2011 @#18 SCAR

Per decade
W L T Win % PFPG PAPG
2010's 11 8 0 57.9 26.4 25.3
2000's 9 8 0 52.9 22.8 21.2
1990's 7 9 0 43.8 20.8 20.8
1980's 5 5 1 50.0 17.5 16.5

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First off: Consider the source. Secondly: The sound of reloading our machine

Jul 31, 2018, 2:11 PM

is making it hard to pay any attention to whatever this person had to say

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Jul 31, 2018, 3:15 PM

This is why ESPN sux! And their so called (####)yst at espn have lost so many viewers.

And some of those guys calling games almost makes watching a game unbearable.

Espn has just eat up the chicken poop coming out of cootsville because they won 9 games. Look at who they beat last year. No body! And besides Bama built by Bear Bryant and UGA who else is more the an ACC team in the SEC.

2 years ago espn said the SEC was no longer a superior conference after so many bowl loses. No they king of college football!

Espn analyst: ???? calling a game!

Jul 31, 2018, 3:37 PM

Um...go Vols?

Fake News

Jul 31, 2018, 3:59 PM

Fake News

Jul 31, 2018, 4:05 PM

Looks like Clemson is stepping on some SEC toes in recruiting, so he is trying to steer recruits back to SEC. Well, some athletes and parents have a choice between having a coach who could care less about their development as a man, discipline, education, and a family atmosphere and one who does care about these things like Dabo and the entire coaching staff at Clemson. So athletes don't want to play for a school where you hear loud cowbells, a chicken crowing, Rocky Top, their girl friends and mothers yelling Go #####, an elephant mascot, a schoo; with multiple mascots (War Eagle, Tigers, and toilet paper hanging from a tree as a sign of success). Come on guys give me some more stupid traditions of the "Great SEC." We have finally made it to the top of the mountain when the SEC is threatened by our recruiting success.

Re: He's still

Jul 31, 2018, 4:44 PM

wet behind the ears. He'll grow up someday and understand how to be a sports talk host. This is evident by him saying you win championships in the sec when Alabama is the only one to do so lately. In reality there is the sec then there is Alabama by themselves. Somebody give him a warm glass of milk and send him to bed.

Jul 31, 2018, 4:48 PM

McElroy walking it back now & saying this:

Jul 31, 2018, 4:49 PM

Jul 31, 2018, 4:49 PM

Jul 31, 2018, 5:55 PM

What a moron!!

Jul 31, 2018, 6:38 PM

Umm, wasn’t TAMU’s last National Championship prior to, or in the neighborhood of, World War II? Stick to golf dude...

He said it wrong. Go to Clemson to have fun and win against

Jul 31, 2018, 6:54 PM

SEC schools.

Jul 31, 2018, 7:57 PM

I think I get what he was trying to say, he just didn't say it very well. He's been over-the-top complimentary of Clemson in the past, so I highly doubt he's actually suggesting those SEC schools (outside of Alabama) are the better school to go to if you want success.

Jul 31, 2018, 8:06 PM

Thanks Greg. This is almost as good as the "I can assure you Renfrow will not be running free tonight" comment you made during the 2016 Natty.

How did that taste the next day?

It's been really sweet to me the times I've watched you and Finebaum sit in silence as Clemson kicked that Bama butt.

Saban is a great coach. How'd you get your job?

Go Tigers!

Jul 31, 2018, 8:07 PM

Thanks Greg. This is almost as good as the "I can assure you Renfrow will not be running free tonight" comment you made during the 2016 Natty.

How did that taste the next day?

It's been really sweet to me the times I've watched you and Finebaum sit in silence as Clemson kicked that Bama butt.

Saban is a great coach. How'd you get your job?

Go Tigers!

Jul 31, 2018, 11:33 PM

I do believe this is the most STUPID comment I ever saw or heard of. The guy must be a product of secheat intellect (or lack thereof).

Aug 2, 2018, 5:51 AM

Greg is a moron!! Clemson is 46-2 at home since 2011, in the last seven years the only team with a better record is Alabama. Greg has his panties in a wad because he equates winning to be serious, that you’re not allowed to have fun doing it. Coach swinney has shown the world that, of course it’s about winning, but it’s just as important as to how you got there. His comments were an obvious shot at Coach Swinney and it’s sad. What a world we live in. A college coach has integrity and ethics and morals and cares about his players. He realizes it’s a game and that parents have entrusted him with their sons, not to make them NFL stars but to make them men. Now that Urban is being found out it’s only a matter of time before Saban gets caught too.

Replies: 99
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic