Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ESPN GameDay analyst: 'This isn't a big game' for Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

TNET: ESPN GameDay analyst: 'This isn't a big game' for Clemson

Sep 7, 2018, 4:24 PM

ESPN GameDay analyst: 'This isn't a big game' for Clemson

ESPN's College GameDay preview show is in College Station for the ACC-SEC matchup between No.2 Clemson and Texas A&M Saturday at 7 p.m. Eastern (ESPN). GameDay Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ESPN GameDay analyst: 'This isn't a big game' for Clemson

Sep 7, 2018, 4:32 PM

Pollack...the wife-beater shirt is not a good look.

And, you're wrong.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2018, 4:34 PM

Should be titled...Let's see if we can get the A&M team and fan base fired up...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The rhetoric was virtually identical

Sep 7, 2018, 5:13 PM

In the run-up to the games at VaTech and Louisville...just prior to the Tigers nailing them both with 'an embarrassment of riches'.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The rhetoric was virtually identical

Sep 7, 2018, 5:25 PM

Feels a lot like the VT game last year:

ACCCG rematch. In Blacksburg. At night. Lots of hype.

No problem.

Sep 7, 2018, 5:11 PM

Of course it's a big game. They are all.

Sep 7, 2018, 5:18 PM

It’s big because you only are promised 12 a year and it’s the next game on the schedule (Dabo speak drilled in to my brain).

On another note, why is the media interviewing itself? That’s a lot of microphones in front of Rece Davis. He’s just the play by play man, not a coach.

Sep 7, 2018, 7:43 PM

Good point. The media these days is so used to making stuff up that they think they Are the story. Why is the media interviewing the media??

Sep 8, 2018, 8:36 AM

Some people call it the 'self locking ice cream cone'. Seems aprapos.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ESPN GameDay analyst: 'This ist a big game' for Clemson

Sep 7, 2018, 5:14 PM

Clemson has made the playoffs the last two years with a one loss campaign both years. Both look losses were in the ACC as they were undefeated outside the conference during the regular season, beating two SEC teams each year (Auburn & South Carolina)...My point is that it's tough to go through the ACC without a loss, & the ACC slate is where Clemson will most likely end up with a loss, therefore it's imperative they win their non-conference games. Also Clemson has two games against the SEC again this year (Texas A&M & South Carolina), and wins against SEC schools are a huge statement when teams are being decided for playoff consideration...The SEC has been considered the top conference since I can remember, so a win against an SEC school is always big, though the ACC had the best overall conference in 2016 when Clemson won the national championship...On my opinion this will be one of Clemson's toughest matchups this year. A&M has 16 starters back, which is more than Clemson. They have solid offensive and defensive lines, and an experienced quarterback. They also have an excellent coach in Jimbo who has won a national title and is familiar with Clemson and their players because he plays them every year while Clemson has no familiarity with A&M's players...and considering Jimbo had lost three tough ones in a row to Clemson, he will be pulling out all the stops to get this one. Texas A&M always gets good recruiting classes, so they have plenty of talent for Jimbo work with...They also play Alabama tough, which shows they can play with the best (lost a close one to Bama last year 27-19)...The more you analyze it, this would be a huge win for Clemson!!!!!

Sep 7, 2018, 5:49 PM

It is our toughest matchup, but one we should win anyway.

Our defense should dominate this game. Our biggest weakness is our secondary (to the extent we have a weakness) and I don't see this A&M team being able to exploit that. Power Rangers are going to have a big night.

On offense, if we can get the ball to our talented receivers, we win.

Sep 7, 2018, 10:58 PM

QB Kellon Mond was 17 of 25 for 184 against their first practice team. We had two QB's sharing snaps, and the two of them sharing snaps threw for 130 plus yards in a very vanilla offense with the intent not to show A&M coaches very much of Clemson's 2018 offense. As far as crowd noise, our guys have heard noise before, and other than missing a signal, I don't see A&M noise having much of an effect on the guy's that has paw power!!! Clemson by 2 plus scores over A&M!!! If our D play's assignment fb, they will TAKE the win back to Clemson!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2018, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN GameDay analyst: 'This ist a big game' for Clemson ]

I thought we had 17 starters return...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2018, 4:24 AM

I was talking strictly offense & defense, not special teams...our starting kicker & punter also return...A&M returns their starting kicker but the punter was a backup last year, though he's a junior who was the 6th ranked punter in the country when he was a high school senior...

Clemson offensive starters returning: 7 Clemson defensive starters returning: 8 Clemson Lettermen: 62^^

Texas A&M offensive starters return : 8 Texas A&M defensive starters return : 8 TexasA&M Lettermen: 55

Re: TNET: ESPN GameDay analyst: 'This ist a big game' for Clemson***

Sep 8, 2018, 7:32 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN GameDay analyst: 'This ist a big game' for Clemson ]

Sep 8, 2018, 7:32 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN GameDay analyst: 'This ist a big game' for Clemson ]

Sep 8, 2018, 7:34 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN GameDay analyst: 'This ist a big game' for Clemson ]

Keep up your great analysis. ESPN is on the same path as Nike. It's really not worth watching anymore

After this year's Natty I would love to be able to say..

Sep 7, 2018, 5:18 PM

Didn't need the mulligan either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2018, 5:39 PM

ESPN's College GameDay preview show is in College Station for the ACC-SEC matchup between No.2 Clemson and Texas A&M Saturday at 7 p.m. Eastern (ESPN). GameDay Read Update »

Clearly this dude has never met Dabo. One week at a time, play every game like it’s a National Championship.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ESPN GameDay analyst: 'This isn't a big game' for Clemson***

Sep 8, 2018, 7:31 AM

Sep 7, 2018, 5:39 PM

Clearly this dude has never met Dabo. One week at a time, play every game like it’s a National Championship.

Sep 7, 2018, 6:42 PM

Did Rece Davis say what I think he said. "A & M will have to have a couple of things go wrong in order for Clemson to win the game", or did he have that backwards?

Last time I checked, Clemson is the one who was heavily favored.

Message was edited by: NorCATiger®

Sep 7, 2018, 7:04 PM

"Expert analyst" opinion gets nauseating. To suggest the Tigers approach this game in anything other than the most important game of the year is to admit Swinner is an unsuccessful head football coach. And the to say the Tigers are an elite team --coaches and players -- suggests you missed the whole argument. I usually admire Pollard. Seems to have a mind better than most, but this one is sounth of USuC.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

when did rece morph into bob odenkirk?***

Sep 7, 2018, 7:28 PM

For Pollack, I hope Clemson doesn't have the same mind set***

Sep 7, 2018, 7:58 PM

Re: For Pollack, I hope Clemson doesn't have the same mind set***

Sep 7, 2018, 8:23 PM

Let's face it, these talking heads have to say stuff like this. If they say it's not a contest and Clemson is going to win by 2-3 touchdowns, why would fans be all that fired up. Rece and David are hoping for a tough, hard fought, close, down to the last minute game. I don't think it will be that close. Clemson by two scores. GoooooooooTigers!!!!!!!!!!!!

This IS a big game' for Clemson, and we know it.***

Sep 7, 2018, 8:39 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2018, 4:57 AM

If the Tigers execute to their standard and remain healthy we should be OK! We win the battle in the trenches we win soundly! Etienne, Feaster, Choice and Dixon run hard and control the clock! Our two QBs execute the offense we will win by 17 or more! Go Tigers!

Pollack is on our side

Sep 8, 2018, 6:54 AM

He’s using reverse psychology to get the players amped up.

At least that what I hope he’s subliminally doing.

He’s one of the few people I still like at ESPCNN

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic