Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: College GameDay is headed to the Masters Tournament
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

TNET: College GameDay is headed to the Masters Tournament

Oct 27, 2020, 11:29 AM

College GameDay is headed to the Masters Tournament

ESPN and Augusta National Golf Club are bringing two sporting event traditions together in a unique way, as College GameDay Built by The Home Depot is set to or Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: College GameDay is headed to the Masters Tournament

Oct 27, 2020, 11:35 AM

Sounds like an attempt to improve their ratings.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2020, 12:17 PM

people love to throw around ratings when they don't like something.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2020, 12:38 PM

Also, everything every show ever does is an attempt to improve ratings. So, not sure why he thinks that’s a slight.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2020, 12:45 PM

It's like a "I gotcha" moment for some people.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Umm . . . that's missing the point . . .

Oct 27, 2020, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: College GameDay is headed to the Masters Tournament ]

if they *need* to improve ratings, and do something stupid in so trying - that's the problem.

Oct 28, 2020, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: College GameDay is headed to the Masters Tournament ]

Gotta agree. What on earth are they doing in Augusta. Is there a football team I don't know about there? Not that I care really as I have watched maybe ten minutes of that show all year

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2020, 7:03 AM

No ,but both UGA and Ga.Tech are with in driving distance ,and believe it or not there are a couple of pros that will be teeing it up that have connections with both schools, as well as some of the other major universities near by.
Who knows maybe the 54 hole leader at The Masters might be the guest celebrity.
FORE!

Oct 29, 2020, 6:51 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: College GameDay is headed to the Masters Tournament ]

Whose ratings, Game Day or The Masters ?

Makes as much sense as anything else these days

Oct 27, 2020, 1:10 PM

Which means it makes no sense. None.

Agree, its stupid***

Oct 27, 2020, 1:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

absurd. shows how far the show has sunk really.***

Oct 27, 2020, 1:33 PM

Re: absurd. shows how far the show has sunk really.***

Oct 27, 2020, 1:40 PM

Augusta is so finicky I'm surprised they would go for this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2020, 2:18 PM

I’m more than surprised.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2020, 2:22 PM

Good, maybe it will help me rent my house for the tournament.

Oct 29, 2020, 7:21 AM

If you have problems renting your house the week of The Masters, maybe you need a complete inspection of the house to make certain it's rentable.

Oct 27, 2020, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Re: absurd. shows how far the show has sunk really.*** ]

Seems to go against the "time-honored" traditions of the Masters.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 29, 2020, 7:23 AM

So did hosting a Woman's Amateur Tournament or the Drive, Pitch ,and Putt Tournament for kids ,and teenagers.

agreed...***

Oct 27, 2020, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Re: absurd. shows how far the show has sunk really.*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It seems stupid but...

Oct 27, 2020, 2:27 PM

COVID has completely ruined College GameDay. It's gone from a trash can to a complete dumpster fire.

For that reason, I will cut ESPN some slack on this desperate move. Nothing wrong with trying something different when there is nothing to lose.

Re: It seems stupid but...

Oct 27, 2020, 2:42 PM

They'll be broadcasting Game Day from the Par 3 Course. So technically not on the August National course. Still.....very un Masters - like.

I get that ESPN is a broadcast partner for the Masters so it's cross promotional, but the Masters usually doesn't play ball with others.

Next, we'll be hearing that they'll be flying in the guest picker - John Daley - by helicopter.

Re: It seems stupid but...

Oct 29, 2020, 7:10 AM

Un-Masters!
Who would have ever thought the Augusta National course would host a Woman's Amateur event ,or the Drive,Pitch and Putt event they now host every year.
And Jon Daly won't be near the course .My quess for the celebrity picker would be one of the pros with connections to either UGA ,or Ga. Tech.

It is SO Augusta National like for them to be limited to

Oct 29, 2020, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: It seems stupid but... ]

the Par 3 course. Remember, this is the same course that lagged behind everybody else in admitting Blacks, admitting women, and also banned one of the funniest golf announcers ever in Gary McCord, just because he made a funny comment about the speed of the greens one year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What ruining college gameday isn't covid . . .

Oct 27, 2020, 7:48 PM [ in reply to It seems stupid but... ]

. . . admittedly, some of the electricity is gone with the lack of crowds, but presumably normalcy will resume at some point in the next year or two. But what's ruining it is all the crappy human interest stories focused on social justice.

Oct 27, 2020, 3:20 PM

I'll be the first to admit that I haven't watched gameday in at least 15years (Got too many things to get done on the weekends before watching our Tigers play) That said, I guarantee this was just a way for the hosts and staff to be able to get into the tournament to watch since no fans on the course this year...just my two cents

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is bound to fail - yucking it up for 4 hours on Sat at

Oct 27, 2020, 3:48 PM

the Masters - nobody to laugh at them and cheer, boo, all that...hope they are practicing the game day whisper.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guess bass fishing and maybe WWE are next...........

Oct 27, 2020, 3:57 PM

What a JOKE!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe bass fishing on the par 3...***

Oct 27, 2020, 9:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe bass fishing on the par 3...***

Oct 29, 2020, 8:15 AM

Sorry ,no bass.

I’m surprised ESPN would pick a non-PC location

Oct 27, 2020, 10:10 PM

Augusta National has had its share of controversies regarding political correctness.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2020, 11:36 PM

Dumb idea. Hasn't CBS been the weekend broadcast partner for The Masters For years? Surprised they would allow it. Stay in your lane ESPN.

They’re getting blasted on Twitter.

Oct 28, 2020, 6:39 AM

Apparently Marshall has a home game that day, on exactly the 50th anniversary of the plane crash.

Jul 16, 2013, 9:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Oct 28, 2020, 8:07 AM

OMG, what a bunch of whiny, cynical people many of you have become! One of you actually mentioned your problem with social justice! How does that even enter in to this! I think it’s a pretty cool thing that GameDay will be at the Masters. Why not? Never has The Masters coincided with college football, so why not? Great idea and I won’t miss it!!

Why not?

Oct 28, 2020, 8:52 AM

"College GameDay (branded as ESPN College GameDay built by the Home Depot for sponsorship reasons) is a pre-game show broadcast by ESPN as part of the network's coverage of college football, broadcast on Saturday mornings during the college football season, prior to the start of games with a 12:00 pm ET kickoff. In its current form, the program is typically broadcast from the campus of the team hosting a featured game being played that day and features news and analysis of the day's upcoming games."

"The Masters Tournament (usually referred to as simply The Masters, or the U.S. Masters outside of North America[2][3]) is one of the four major championships in professional golf. Scheduled for the first full week of April, the Masters is the first major of the year, and unlike the others, it is always held at the same location, Augusta National Golf Club, a private course in the southeastern United States, in the city of Augusta, Georgia."

I guess a better question would be "Why?".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Oct 28, 2020, 8:29 AM

I think it is kind of stupid. Just show more golf!

it really doesn't matter to me but....................

Oct 28, 2020, 11:11 AM

the show is terrible now. I can watch about 10-15 minutes and I lose interest. The stories they show are not interesting. They have Corso in Florida somewhere and he doesn't need to be on the show anymore. His speech is getting worse and he just needs to retire. McAfee is so energetic and fired up you would think he is giving the team a lockerroom speech. And I can't look at Herbstreit the same after he cried on television. They should shorten the show to one or two hours and provide better quality. Three hours is too much for them now.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic