Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson vaults up latest AP Poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson vaults up latest AP Poll

Jan 11, 2021, 12:20 PM

Clemson vaults up latest AP Poll

Clemson moved up seven spots in the latest Associated Press top 25 college basketball poll. The Tigers are up to No. 12 after improving to 9-1 overall and 3-1 i Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson is currently the highest ranking ACC team!!!

Jan 11, 2021, 12:23 PM

Go Tigers!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson is currently the highest ranking ACC team!!!

Jan 11, 2021, 2:32 PM

I've already snapped a picture of it. Dern covid, we would most likely have been top 10... I know we'd been top 10 next week after W's over UNC, cuse, and uva.

Go Tigers - Let's be legendary this year!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2021, 4:12 PM

The game against North Carolina would have gone into this ranking. Syracuse and Virginia would have been next week's rankings.

Jan 11, 2021, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Clemson is currently the highest ranking ACC team!!! ]

I seem to recall one of Rick Barnes' teams got as high as No. 2 nationally, but I don't ever remember Clemson being the highest ranked ACC team. That just seems weird.

Jan 11, 2021, 4:11 PM

That team (1996-97) and that ranking (January 21, 1997) was the last time Clemson was by itself as the top ranked team in the ACC. That week (in 1997), we only trailed Kansas in the rankings.

Jan 11, 2021, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Clemson is currently the highest ranking ACC team!!! ]

??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson vaults up latest AP Poll

Jan 11, 2021, 12:24 PM

This old Tar Heel says congratulations. Y’all deserve it. I’m a basketball nut and live near Clemson so I think it’s awesome

Thank you!***

Jan 11, 2021, 12:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Thank you!***

Jan 11, 2021, 9:21 PM

Judge I know how much you pull for our BB team, and I know that the way this team has played to this point, it makes you happier than a hog in slop!!! I'm pleased with Brad and our BB team myself, but I'm also happy knowing how good that it makes you feel also!!! Go Tiger Basketball, The Judge is pulling for you guys more than anybody!!!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So kind of you, thank you! This is a really fun season

Jan 12, 2021, 2:25 PM

and I hope and pray that COVID doesn't mess up our season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: So kind of you, thank you! This is a really fun season

Jan 12, 2021, 2:38 PM

Me too! Let's hope they get to play a full season and postseason this year. This Tiger team is fun to watch--the ranking is gravy.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 11, 2021, 1:38 PM

Connecticut is not in the AAC. They rejoined the "Middle sized east" this year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Squeaked in just ahead of 4 loss WV &

Jan 11, 2021, 1:53 PM

Illinois ! Great job voters.

Fire Brownlee !!! ;~)***

Jan 11, 2021, 5:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2021, 6:31 PM

I just cant trust it. I have seen Clemson get off to a hot start before under Brad B by winning something like 12 straight games, only to finish something like 17-14. BB is the NIT King!!!

Jan 11, 2021, 7:22 PM

I think your team is different this year. You have experience, talent , and depth. That’s a winning recipe.

Jan 12, 2021, 2:30 PM

Agree

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 12, 2021, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson vaults up latest AP Poll ]

Come on now, enjoy your pats on the back. We know what it takes to win, we just haven't had many coaches that could get the job done, some has in spurts, but not with a stream of wins against some pretty good teams the way that Brad has. I've always thought that Brad was a good coach, and that he would win if he had equal talent, or close to the talent that big time BB schools have.

All those coaches that has been bragged about how good they were, well, BBall is a sport that top talent equals hyped coaches IMPO!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This keeps getting posted, but please share some data

Jan 12, 2021, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson vaults up latest AP Poll ]

with us about these hot starts followed by late season falters we have seen under Brownell.

I'll wait...

Re: This keeps getting posted, but please share some data

Jan 12, 2021, 11:09 PM

I don't have the data, but Brad has had some starts of season success, but it has been against lesser teams with just average talent like Brad has had. But once we got into the schedule with favorable BBall schools, the average talent has been no match for those teams, but, I think that he has the talent, experience, and the bench to play with the teams that were usually a loss!!! That's my opinion anyway. And those that want to criticize, they don't care about how bad the teams were with those so called hot starts, they just see the chance to be critical towards Brad bc of their dislike for the man... Go Brad, Go Tigers!!!

Jan 11, 2021, 7:27 PM

I seriously hope that this team can continue to climb up in the rankings, and hopefully make a lot of noise at the end of season NCAA playoff games, but, the only ranking that excites me personally, is what our guys will be ranked after it's been played out after the season, and that ranking will tell what the calebra of basketball team we had in the 20/21 basketball season, and if we are one the Top 10 teams in the country, that will have an amazing job done by Brad Brownell and our Men's Basketball Team!!! Go Tigers!!!!!

I have never been a, I told so type of man, but I have always stood for Brownell being our Head Basketball coach bc, I personally liked the way he carried himself of a man of good character, and I believe that if he had backing from the administration and giving him the tools needed to recruit better talent, that he could, and would win at a high level, and he is now proving that to be so.

There has never been any serious doubt that he wasn't a good coach bc of his back ground of being the son of a long time basketball coach, and the story has it that Brad followed along at his dad's side as a very young kid at all the games, and keeping the stat sheets for his dad at the games, and at practice. Like father the basketball coach, was Brad growing up around Basketball his whole life and becoming a Basketball coach himself. So there shouldn't be any doubt by anyone that Brad knows the in's and out's of the game of Basketball, and I'm personally glad that he became the HC at Clemson, and I'm really glad that he has the backing from our Clemson administration, and Brad Brownell will become the Best, and the Winningest Head basketball coach to have ever coached at Clemson University. Plus, Brad probably has the best character of any BB coach that we've had at Clemson also!!!!

Go Brad Brownell, Go Tiger Basketball!!!!

Jan 11, 2021, 9:46 PM

I would love to see a matchup with the Vols,

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic