Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson unveils non-conference basketball schedule
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson unveils non-conference basketball schedule

Jul 12, 2018, 2:27 PM

Clemson unveils non-conference basketball schedule

CLEMSON, S.C. — Games with Nebraska, Mississippi State, South Carolina and a possible meeting with Georgia highlight Clemson University men’s basketball’s sched Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson unveils non-conference basketball schedule

Jul 12, 2018, 3:33 PM

It looks like we are playing a good non conference schedule if the teams that were good last year are good this year. I wish this team could go overseas this summer and play some games together. At least it helped the team come together. I pray we don’t have any major injuries to top players this year.

It would be great to win a title in basketball and whip Duke a couple times along the way. I really believe Zion missed out on being a home hero and very special to Clemson but at Duke he’s just another star recruit. It won’t be the same but I wish him well against other teams and conferences.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 12, 2018, 4:25 PM

I know we play a tough home conference schedule, but I got to say, that home non-conf. schedule pretty much sucks. I love going to basketball games, but its tough to sell season tickets when you only have about 5 or 6 attractive games at home. Just saying

Jul 13, 2018, 11:00 AM

outlaw1081 said:

I know we play a tough home conference schedule, but I got to say, that home non-conf. schedule pretty much sucks. I love going to basketball games, but its tough to sell season tickets when you only have about 5 or 6 attractive games at home. Just saying

Who do you want to play? It’s all about making the tournament

Jul 14, 2018, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson unveils non-conference basketball schedule ]

You go to watch Clemson. Not whoever they’re playing.

This team will be good enough and deserves that.

Jul 15, 2018, 12:59 PM

In reality, the schedule this year shapes up very similar to the schedule last year, minus one big difference, and it has nothing to do with home games. The biggest difference in the SOS will be the difference between playing Nebraska at home in the ACC / Big Ten Challenge and Ohio State on the road in that same event.

Otherwise, the scheduling philosophy is very much similar. We still play a big-time SEC opponent on a neutral floor (last year, it was Florida...this coming year, it's Mississippi State). You have to hope that the combination of games at South Carolina and vs. Nebraska will come close to matching at Ohio State and vs. South Carolina from last year.

Outside of those games, the schedule is filled, just like last year, with teams who will make a lot of noise in their conferences and have good chances of making the NCAA Tournament. Last year, those teams were UL Lafayette, UNC Asheville, and Texas Southern. This year, it will be NC Central, Radford, Lipscomb and Sam Houston State.

We also have a good chance of getting a better boost from our Thanksgiving tournament than we did last year. Last year, we had wins against RPI abysmal Ohio and Hofstra before losing to a Temple team that looked like a decent win throughout the year, but faded down the stretch.

This is a smart way of doing things for where Clemson basketball is at this point in time. The ACC will provide more than enough of a boost from an RPI and SOS standpoint that we need smart scheduling in the non-conference to keep the momentum of last year's Sweet 16 run alive. This accomplishes that.

Isn't Tanner Smith coaching at Miss St now?***

Jul 12, 2018, 7:08 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic