Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson ranked No. 1 in preseason ESPN FPI
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson ranked No. 1 in preseason ESPN FPI

Feb 14, 2018, 12:20 PM

Clemson ranked No. 1 in preseason ESPN FPI

One indicator in just how good the news has been for Clemson this offseason is demonstrated in ESPN’s preseason Football Power Index. After several draft-eligib Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN SEC bias strikes again***

Feb 14, 2018, 12:20 PM

Re: ESPN SEC bias strikes again***

Feb 14, 2018, 12:35 PM

They've said that Clemson is an $ec type school so many times they forget we actually aren't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN SEC bias strikes again***

Feb 14, 2018, 1:51 PM [ in reply to ESPN SEC bias strikes again*** ]

The bias will come out next year to start the season. Remember how, despite winning the Natty, Bama was ranked number 1 to start the season. With that ranking, it carried them into the playoff because they "spent SO many weeks at number one"

The knock on us was losing so many starters, and production. Well, the table has turned.

Anyone with an open brain can see that we return the most talent & depth in the nation.

Having those multiple weeks at number 1 carries weight at the end of the year. There's no doubt we'll be in the playoff once again. It will be a matter of seeding after the season plays out. Nobody should leapfrog us if we stay undefeated.

Can't wait.

I lololed at ND being in the top five.

Feb 14, 2018, 12:32 PM

But I did wonder why USCw isn't in there after being just as over rated as ND for the last decade.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does TigerNet like ESPN's FPI now?

Feb 14, 2018, 12:32 PM

Clearly our score would be over 30 if it weren't for ESPN's SEC bias.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

ESPN must be televising Clemson at Texas A&M.

Feb 14, 2018, 12:39 PM

Pushing for ratings of #1 Clemson upset by SEC team.

Clemson at Texas A&M, early GAMEDay, Espn pushing for big

Feb 14, 2018, 2:48 PM

audience. GO TIGERS.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson ranked No. 1 in preseason ESPN FPI

Feb 14, 2018, 12:53 PM

Nobody that I've read translates these advanced metrics into real performance. What they do is set expectations before the season starts and during the season. Whether these expectations are met is up to the team's play. Hope they're right!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are just trying to break our "finishing higher than

Feb 14, 2018, 1:20 PM

our preseason ranking" streak.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They are just trying to break our

Feb 14, 2018, 1:42 PM

That trend of, "no team in the #1 preseason spot or the #1 college football playoff spot has went on to win the national championship", needs to be broken this coming year. This team definitely has the "stuff" to do it.

Message was edited by: AmeriTiger®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They saw how well an angry Bama did taking out Clemson.

Feb 14, 2018, 4:21 PM [ in reply to They are just trying to break our "finishing higher than ]

They just want them angry again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

The FPI means absolutely nothing

Feb 14, 2018, 1:56 PM

Of course I agree with the reasoning behind why Clemson is #1, but it's beyond insignificant. The so-called metrics they used to determine the best teams (Strength of record, Strength of schedule) are inherently biased and really shouldn't be used - but then it agin, it is ESPN we're talking about here. Besides, speculation this far out doesn't deserve any merit, even if it favors Clemson. Just my .02

Feb 14, 2018, 3:16 PM

Uuuhh...Did they check w/ T. Ellis before they published??

San Francisco Here We Come........

Feb 14, 2018, 4:12 PM

I've waited years to see Clemson play right here in my backyard. I've spent a small fortune going to all the championship games, playoff games, and have season tickets. So hoping they make the Natty this year and only have a one-hour drive....!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

psssst... Santa Clara

Feb 14, 2018, 5:41 PM

San Francisco didn't pony up the incentives to build the new stadium for the 49ers.

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: psssst... Santa Clara

Feb 14, 2018, 10:39 PM

True....they voted the stadium down a couple of times. Didn't want to pay the taxes for the stadium. Big loss on both sides.

ESPN FPI has the dumm***

Feb 14, 2018, 4:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2018, 4:38 PM

Notre Dame? Puhleeze!!

Feb 14, 2018, 11:31 PM

This offense is going to be our ticket. The defense is stacked and they will take us to the playoffs. Our offense is the key to winning. If KB can mature as a throwing QB we are set, if not than we have a couple of huge arms to back him up.

This offense is going to be our ticket. The defense is stacked and they will take us to the playoffs. Our offense is the key to winning. If KB can mature as a throwing QB we are set, if not than we have a couple of huge arms to back him up.

First link doesn't work for me

Feb 15, 2018, 12:37 AM

I think it's the extra "br" at the end.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic