Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson offers elite Texas QB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson offers elite Texas QB

Feb 26, 2021, 4:04 PM

Clemson offers elite Texas QB

Four-star Austin, Texas quarterback Cade Klubnik announced a Clemson offer on Friday. "WOW!! All glory to God! This one is special," Klubnik said on Twitter. "I Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that was quick.***

Feb 26, 2021, 4:05 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that was quick.***

Feb 26, 2021, 4:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: TNET: Clemson offers elite Texas QB

Feb 26, 2021, 4:12 PM

I believe there was something posted on here that he knew he was the backup plan if Clemson did not land the commitment today.

Feb 26, 2021, 7:11 PM

He knew that Dabo had already made a committable offer to TY, and that we were only taking one OB, and I think that he knew that if Ty didn't commit to us, that same committable offer was his if he wants it. He should appreciate, and respect that is the way that our coaches does things!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2021, 9:48 PM

Haha. Really? “We didn’t get the guy we really wanted so I guess you’ll do”.

Sure thing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Feb 27, 2021, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson offers elite Texas QB ]

Right now this young man is Clemson’s #1 QB recruit.
He is smart and does not want to waste his college career in a Texas soap opera.
Just like DJ5, Clemson is his first choice.
A lot of players realize that they will get better playing at Clemson. Not true at UT.......
Hope we are getting a new Tiger!

Feb 26, 2021, 4:18 PM

On queue....we have our TX QB lined up

Feb 26, 2021, 4:26 PM

I believe Cade Klubnik is better than Ty Simpson. I looked at both their stats and Cade's are way above Ty's. Plus Cade plays in the highest classification in Texas and has won 2 state championships. I really hope we get Cade as I believe he is probably the best QB in 2022.

Feb 26, 2021, 4:32 PM

I always like to get players that want to play for Clemson. This young man appeared to want the offer. Let’s hope that he signs on the dotted line. Go Tigers!

Feb 26, 2021, 6:57 PM

I said the exact same thing on the Tennessee kids article. I’d rather have a 4?? who loves and knows Clemson over someone that only found out about them due to the playoffs. I wish Cade would have been option #1 all along.

Feb 26, 2021, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson offers elite Texas QB ]

Cade sounds more excited than Simpson ever did. Simpson immediately mentioned wanting to play in the SEC. Texas HS football is top-notch (Cade is in 6A HS competition compared to 3A for Simpson), and this young man is a winner there.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Feb 26, 2021, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson offers elite Texas QB ]

I think he moves as well as TLaw . .maybe better. But he doesn't hav the zip on the ball that I see from others. Maybe just me, what do I know :)

Feb 26, 2021, 7:21 PM

I think he would have been,if we would not have offered Ty so long ago. Clemson also has another 4 Star QB out there with an offer Braden Davis...so I believe they waited to see what Ty would do because they didnt want to have so many QB offers out there...

Feb 26, 2021, 8:18 PM

I totally agree with your assessment on all accounts. Honestly speaking he just looks like Clemson. Reminds me of Jimmy Addison. I like him... Hope he commits and commits soon.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2021, 5:15 PM

This speaks to the integrity of both Dabo and Cade. Cade knew that Simpson was our No. 1 target. Dabo didn't lead him on with false hopes like some coaches probably do. Cade is no slouch. He is an excellent QB in his own right. He may not even sign with the Tigers but his comments and understanding of the situation leads me to believe he will be a Tiger, and welcomed as if he was the Number one rated recruit.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2021, 6:06 PM

Honestly if I were Cade, I would feel like I was second fiddle. I would commit and then decommit from Clemson late in the process. And give us the middle finger.

I know Dabo has his ideas on recruiting and they have been successful in the past. He will need to adjust a little. What is wrong with offering 2 QBs this cycle? I guess we got a stud this year right. Nope. Not 1 QB commit. Could bite us. I guarantee you 1 of the QBs we have now will not even be here after next year also. IMO we should be taking 2 this cycle anyway.

So my point is the offer should have been there for Cade anyway so he did not feel like he was second fiddle. I think we miss on him because of this. But I sure hope not.

Feb 26, 2021, 6:53 PM

If you were Cade, would you feel more special by being one of twenty QB offers?

Feb 26, 2021, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson offers elite Texas QB ]

That’s a pretty stupid attitude and it would make him look like a ###### bag! It would show he has no class and he’s not the Christian that he says he is.

You have the wrong attitude as well.

First, by all accounts Dabo and Clemson were completely upfront and transparent that he was the number two choice. So you can’t fault Clemson or Dabo!

Second, Clemson is at worse the second best program in college football. Some people think because Dabo is younger and with our culture we are a better program than Alabama overall if not on the field.

Cade Is the number 4 quarterback in his class.

Clemson has become a premier destinations for quarterbacks. Tajh Boyd was highly recruited And became the best quarterback in the history of the ACC at Clemson. Followed by Deshaun Watson who is a top-five NFL quarterback. Now we have Trevor Lawrence who’s about to be the number one NFL draft pick. And Trevor is being replaced by DJ who is a favorite to win the Heisman Trophy next year.

That’s four of the most successful quarterbacks in college football in a row. Tom Luginbill has talked about what Clemson is doing with quarterbacks and calling it unprecedented.

So why would the number 4 quarterback in the county see it as a slight that he was our second choice? If anything it shows that despite the fact they were three quarterbacks considered better than him he was still our number two choice.

You sound like an emotional little girl That’s at the prom with the quarterback and in the bathroom she finds out she was his second choice for a date that night!

Feb 26, 2021, 7:02 PM

I should’ve also asked in my post how old are you? Because you sound like a young immature person. You definitely sound like a petty person!

Feb 26, 2021, 7:02 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson offers elite Texas QB ]

I actually like players with a chip on there shoulder. Makes them look more human while also helping to motivate them. I don’t think he has any ill will towards Clemson. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if he commits to Clemson. Seems like a kid who really wants to be there. We need more of that on this team.

Feb 26, 2021, 9:27 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson offers elite Texas QB ]

Honestly, Cade doesn't sound like he feels that way. He sounds excited and thankful for the offer, as he should.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Feb 27, 2021, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson offers elite Texas QB ]

Knowing this, it’s pretty clear you won’t get a Clemson offer.

Feb 26, 2021, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson offers elite Texas QB ]

Spot on Joe...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2021, 9:32 PM

With a name like Cade, he's got to be good. I hope he decides to come to Clemson.
"There's something special in those hills."

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Feb 26, 2021, 10:12 PM

This kid wanted to get this offer badly. He wants to be at Clemson so bad that he paid his own way to come to the Syracuse game to look over the school. He’s a good player and I want us to recruit kids that want to be at Clemson. I think we’re going to enjoy watching him play.

His release reminds me of Phillip Rivers. Does he have

Feb 26, 2021, 10:32 PM

Any kids?

Should have offered Myles Morris from Atlanta, GA

Feb 27, 2021, 9:43 AM

This kid will get his 5th star in the upcoming year.

Dang, I thought we had offered DW. But, we'll take this

Feb 27, 2021, 10:16 AM

young man!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The folks claiming this 2nd fiddle, 2nd choice stuff are

Feb 27, 2021, 12:07 PM

crazy. We had a guy in our region who we have been recruiting for a long time that checked every box and we had already offered. There wasn’t an offer to give anyone else for that spot even if they also checked all the boxes. Now there is. It’s quite possible the coaches could even be very thankful this played out the way it did if this Texas kid commits.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic