Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson falls to Miami on Senior Day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson falls to Miami on Senior Day

Feb 28, 2021, 6:49 PM

Clemson falls to Miami on Senior Day

CLEMSON, S.C. — Closing out the regular season with a back-and-forth affair versus Miami, Clemson fell at Littlejohn Coliseum on Sunday. The Tigers were unable Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson falls to Miami on Senior Day

Feb 28, 2021, 7:06 PM

Such a nice start but faded down the stretch. I don't know if injuries or the weirdness of this year got to them. Just was frustrating to see.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 28, 2021, 9:42 PM

I want to think that coach Butler and her staff can get it back to where it was 3 years when they went to the NCAA Tournament in the first year.Time will tell but last season and this season are just to much like what transpired under Cristy McKinney,Itoro Umoh and Audra Smith,in other words just a lot of years of nothing but losing.Hopefully coach Butler will have a good upcoming recruiting class,one that is ranked high,is ACC caliber and can win right away not 2 or 3 years down the road.

Mar 1, 2021, 3:49 PM

Team did well first year. Why the fall off? It would be great if our women’s basketball team and volleyball team could win consistently.

Mar 1, 2021, 5:59 PM

In a nutshell, the diff. between her last 2 teams and the first one is guard play, specifically defensive play and turnovers. We have finished last in the league for 2 consecutive years in TO/gm. I am not sure I have ever seen quicker guards at Clemson than Edwards and Westbrook. They were first and 3rd in the league in steals and created havoc on the floor from the first tip. Both could create their own shots and got to the basket. Collier was tough as nails and did the dirty work under the basket and by her senior season had as good a 3 point shot as the other 2 guards. Edwards ran the point as well as any guard I can remember at Clemson. I don't see anybody on this team capable of running the point like her and any freshman coming in would have to grow up in a hurry. Looks like next year will be another year w/o a true point guard and IMO that is rarely good. And it is surprising to me that Butler hasn't adequately addressed this deficiency since she was a guard herself.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic