Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson WR to enter 2018 NFL draft
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson WR to enter 2018 NFL draft

Jan 10, 2018, 11:23 AM

Clemson WR to enter 2018 NFL draft

Clemson wide receiver Deon Cain will enter the 2018 NFL draft according to a report by ESPN's David Hale. In 2017, Cain had 58 receptions for 734 yards and six Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Report: Clemson WR to enter 2018 NFL draft

Jan 10, 2018, 11:30 AM

Good luck Deon!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Underachiever***

Jan 10, 2018, 11:35 AM

Re: Underachiever***

Jan 10, 2018, 11:43 AM

He had a pretty key play in the national championship game, so not really true.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GTFO***

Jan 10, 2018, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Underachiever*** ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Go To Furman Often?

Jan 10, 2018, 12:06 PM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give Tons For Occulus

Jan 10, 2018, 3:22 PM

Grape Tomatoes Find Orange

Jan 10, 2018, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Underachiever*** ]

That's what your boss says about you.

Thanks Johnny Ringo .. you fill that empty hole?***

Jan 10, 2018, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Underachiever*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 10, 2018, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Underachiever*** ]

He was a QB in high school and did not redshirt. He is still learning the position. If we had a more potent passing attack this year he likely would have had more receptions to help forget about the handful of drops he had.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2018, 2:34 PM

That's a good take on it .
Some folks think a lot about football to actually understand so little of it .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 10, 2018, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Underachiever*** ]

Wow pretty negative I actually think he did very well for us. Really came on and played very well as a freshman taking over for mike when he got hurt. Then mike comes back with all the talent we had at wr he did a great job and his numbers would have been better without having to share load with Mike, Legget scott and renfrow. This year his numbers weren't what we expected but also look at the passing game compared to when DW or Boyd were here. Yea I thought times this year he didn't fight for the ball as much as I wanted but he def wasn't a underachiever for Clemson imo!!! Good luck to you Cain carry on the WRU mojo haha. Higgins it's your time to shine my friend next man up Go Tigers!!

Jan 10, 2018, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Underachiever*** ]

You such a D H

Follow your dreams Deon! Best of luck!***

Jan 10, 2018, 11:36 AM

Good luck young man; once a Tiger, alway a Tiger...***

Jan 10, 2018, 11:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To me the 4th best WR in the draft

Jan 10, 2018, 11:40 AM

Is on what he could be not what he is right now. He has an issue with drops and I felt like he should try to go up and snag the ball rather than waiting for it to come to him. Good luck to him. I wish him nothing but the best and thanks for the memories.

Message was edited by: Clemson_country89

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To me the 4th best WR in the draft

Jan 10, 2018, 11:41 AM

He’s definitely raw but the skill set is there for him to be a really explosive weapon

Jan 10, 2018, 11:59 AM

That’s what I don’t understand. Why still so raw after 3 years? After all we are wru. Curious because I’ve heard this comment so much.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2018, 5:36 PM

He was a qb in high school. Still learning the ropes

Jan 10, 2018, 11:40 AM

Good luck Deon. Thanks for everything you did at Clemson

Jan 10, 2018, 11:41 AM

Wish him the absolute best with his decision but I really think he is making a mistake by going early.

I Wish Him....

Jan 10, 2018, 6:41 PM

All the luck but he may end up like Derrick Hamilton.

Deon really needed another year. He dropped to many passes and really didn't high point the ball like Nuk,Sammy and Mike could. I think another year with a better passing attacked would have helped his NFL draft position.

I only wish he'd have kept his nose clean and been in the 2015 Bama' game....we could have used him .

Artavis scott

Jan 12, 2018, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: Clemson WR to enter 2018 NFL draft ]

was more productive than Ray Ray and didn't go in the 1st round. I'd even say he was a better blocker, protected the ball, and of course, a hell of a pick man!!!

Jan 10, 2018, 11:42 AM

Good for him; great for Tee Higgins. Go Tigers!

Jan 10, 2018, 11:54 AM

Yeah, great for Tee but don’t we need another one for the other side?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2018, 2:23 PM

Uh...Hunter R.?

Jan 10, 2018, 11:42 AM

Loved watching you torch Louisville in the Valley, they couldnt cover you that night. Good luck and best wishes to you.

Jan 10, 2018, 2:32 PM

Good player but needs to hold the ball and do a better job of fending off defenders, imo. Best wishes!

He will have a really solid career.

Jan 10, 2018, 11:44 AM

He will be an amazing deep threat. Hopefully the Raiders take him.

Re: TNET: Clemson WR to enter 2018 NFL draft

Jan 10, 2018, 11:45 AM

Deon, Hit the weight room very hard! You will need it.

Thanks for the memories. Hate to see you go. Hope the best for you.

WRU. Good luck, Cain! Thanks for becoming a Tiger!

Jan 10, 2018, 11:50 AM

Hope to see you tear it up in the league.

Jan 10, 2018, 11:59 AM

Wish he was staying one more year to get his degree, just to prove all the doubters wrong. Good luck in the NFL. Will never forget his TD reception vs FSU in 2015, and the key reception vs Bama in the championship game.

Jan 10, 2018, 12:01 PM

3rd round this year.

1st round next year.

Good luck Deon, but you should wait.

Jan 10, 2018, 12:12 PM

Depends on whose throing to him, I guess he read into "best qb" they way a lot of people did, dont blame him or scott, time to go prove it in NFL

Go get the money Deon - Thanks! Btw

Jan 10, 2018, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson WR to enter 2018 NFL draft ]

Why do some people think a good player ‘automatically’ become a first rounder with ‘another’ year of college? Sometimes you are where you are and there’s no moving up. I think Deon will be an outside receiver with speed...he beat Feaster in that practice Sprint last year.

It's so easy to say stuff like that, but you have no

Jan 10, 2018, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson WR to enter 2018 NFL draft ]

evidence to support that claim. What makes you think he will suddenly be a 1st rounder next year?

Thank you for being a Tiger! Good luck!***

Jan 10, 2018, 12:04 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2018, 12:06 PM

Best wishes to this young man. I hope his dreams come true. Once a Tiger, Always a Tiger

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 10, 2018, 12:08 PM

Does he have his degree? Never mind I read previous posts

Message was edited by: jeancooper

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 10, 2018, 12:13 PM

Yeah he should stay and get his degree.

Jan 10, 2018, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson WR to enter 2018 NFL draft ]

Yeah he should stay and get his degree.

Best of luck Deon! Secure the bag!

Jan 10, 2018, 12:12 PM

Higgins and Overton, it's your time.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2018, 12:20 PM

Good luck! You are getting some bad advice.

most of the comments here make me want

Jan 10, 2018, 12:40 PM

to puke. This is a bad decision. He hasn't proven much at the college level. get your degree and do better next year.

Jan 10, 2018, 12:44 PM

Best of luck with the NFL!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2018, 12:49 PM

I think this is about the same reaction we had when Martavis Bryant left early, and look what he has done with Pittsburgh when he wasn't smoking the kind!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2018, 1:36 PM

> I think this is about the same reaction we had when
> Martavis Bryant left early, and look what he has done
> with Pittsburgh when he wasn't smoking the kind!!!

Bryant's numbers were better when he was smoking! Haha! He would have done much better this year had JuJu not come along. Bryant is a good WR.

Jan 10, 2018, 12:53 PM

Great speed will show up at the conbine. Hope he does well and drafts well. Blessings Deon.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2018, 12:56 PM

Think he should stay, but best of luck too him.

I think this is a good move by Cain as he's more likely to

Jan 10, 2018, 1:04 PM

be utilized correctly in the NFL. He's not a big physical guy or a really polished route runner, but he can absolutely be an elite deep threat at the next level. I really think he can do something similar to what Will Fuller did with the Texans and DW4 when he came back healthy this year.

With KB2 most likely starting again next year (at least for the first part of the season) and the lack of a real connection between the two, I don't see Cain having a huge year next year even he were to come back. He needs a QB that can hit him in stride 40 yards down the field and he just isn't going to get that at Clemson right now. Sure it could be different with Lawrence or Johnson starting, but that's counting your chickens before they hatch or however that saying goes.

Re: I think this is a good move by Cain as he's more likely to

Jan 10, 2018, 5:14 PM

Well said

Jan 10, 2018, 1:19 PM

What gets to me more than them leaving early, is that what they want most in their lives is to play NFL FB but, they don't pay one bit of attention to what NFL coaches and the team owners are telling them to do for their best chances for an NFL career. The coaches and owners tell them every year that they would rather they use their senior year to obtain more of what it will take for them to succeeded in the NFL, and that is that last year of experience that they get in their senior year. And these juniors will put their fingers in their ears so not to hear that part being said. Who knows better than the ones that will be coaching them, and the owners that will be paying them. I wouldn't need to hear that message but once, and I would be back in school for my senior year bc the NFL is the hardest job of all jobs to obtain, and these guy will completely IGNORE that golden piece of information, and put their life long dream at risk. Hopefully for all or most that take that piece of info to heart, will make it in the NFL bc, I believe that is the best piece of info they could get from coaches and the owners of these teams!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2018, 6:07 PM

Spot on. Don’t think anyone could say it better. The few that are told they’re ready after junior year like dw4 are a very few each year.

What gets me is now they can get insurance just in case something happens. That and very few have career ending injuries.

Jan 10, 2018, 1:21 PM

Get that money, Deon. Thanks for all your hard work and go ball out on Sundays.

Good Luck Cain. Bring it Ross!***

Jan 10, 2018, 1:54 PM

Best of Luck DC***

Jan 10, 2018, 2:00 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What the Heck....

Jan 10, 2018, 2:13 PM

is going on?! Everybody is leaving Clemson?! Who will we have to help us now!!!!!!!! Now we will become another Gamecock, maybe just lower!!!!!!!! Who do we have to depend on now, we are DOOM for the next few years!!!!!!! Carolina will out rank us now! Somebody has got to use their head and come back to save us from defeat!!!!!!! This is not good news people! Oh well, there goes our great season!!!!!! Who's next to go?!

easy on the exclamation marks. and the meth***

Jan 10, 2018, 3:40 PM

This is what happens when you’re one of the best teams every year

Jan 10, 2018, 2:19 PM

And this is also what makes us one of the best. We lose players and assistant coaches and we’re still right up there.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

It's so important to keep these guys for another year

Jan 10, 2018, 3:57 PM

Look what Georgia did keeping its superstars around another season. But I admit Cain doesn't surprise me. Another receiver who is leaving does as I just don't see him as ready but we will find out and I'm pulling for them to do well! Go Tigers!

Jan 10, 2018, 4:44 PM

Meh,never set my mind on fire.Go drop passes in the NFL IF you get the chance.My money would be on him NOT being a success after college,just as he wasn't really a success IN college.

Wish Deon well at the Combine & NFL Career

Jan 10, 2018, 9:59 PM

Expect he'd like a few drops back, wouldn't we all in life? But I like Cain's chances at the next level. Best wishes and work hard young man!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2018, 9:43 PM

a so-so year for cain, i wish him all the best but really think he should have come back for a chance at a real breakout year. i think he'll go second round.

Both RRM and DC

Jan 12, 2018, 4:03 PM

just threw millions of dollars in the trash can. Hell, we JUST taught RRM to hold on to the ball. And DC made Mike Williams look like Calvin Johnson with the drop in productivity at that WR position. Wow, just wow

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic