Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson RB commit shares heartfelt letter 'Dear Basketball'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 5,433

TNET: Clemson RB commit shares heartfelt letter 'Dear Basketball'

Feb 3, 2019, 8:58 AM

Clemson RB commit shares heartfelt letter 'Dear Basketball'

Charleston (S.C.) running back Michel Dukes committed to Clemson at a ceremony Saturday evening. He is a dual-sport star who had more than 8,000 yards on the fo Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson RB commit shares heartfelt letter 'Dear Basketball'

Feb 3, 2019, 9:07 AM

Sounds like he could contribute to making our basketball team a better program. But I'm glad he's made a commitment to being the best running back he can be for football. That's the definition of being focused on what you want in life. Congratulations young man!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2019, 9:21 AM

AWESOME !!!!!!---Welcome to the Clemson Family young man !!!!!!!

Feb 3, 2019, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson RB commit shares heartfelt letter 'Dear Basketball' ]

And this leads to my question, Why can't he play FB and BB at Clemson?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody's telling him he can't

Feb 4, 2019, 9:20 AM

but things worked out REALLY well for Nuk when he decided to focus on one sport. Everybody is different, obviously, but it's difficult to play two sports that overlap as much as football and basketball. Much easier to play football and baseball if you're going to do two sports.

Regardless of what he does, I'm really excited this kid is coming to Clemson. I also wish I could write half as beautifully as he does lol.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2019, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson RB commit shares heartfelt letter 'Dear Basketball' ]

Nuk Hopkins tried that for a couple of years but it wasn't until he dropped basketball that he really started to excel in football. He's now the top receiver in the NFL and probably misses the court but a HOF football player at the pace he's going.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2019, 9:20 AM

Yeah, @JJPTigerPaw posted this last night and it was a good discussion on it. Glad Tnet decided to post as a story.

That’s one reason I’m more excited about his commit than whatever Ealy decides. We got two great RB commits this cycle- would much rather see a great DT commit than Ealy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean, at this point, are we having to choose?

Feb 3, 2019, 12:15 PM

Let them all commit. Everything will work itself out in the program.

Feb 3, 2019, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson RB commit shares heartfelt letter 'Dear Basketball' ]

I think this guy is a good RB but he’s not Jerrion Ealy, that kid is flat out baller and could really contribute in 2 sports being football and baseball. He’s a top 5 baseball prospect by some sites. Dukes is a good b-ball player it seems but not on the level of Ealy and baseball. I like this guys commit but I still really want Ealy and def think he will be a bigger contributor on the field. I’m not being negative towards dukes at all. Glad to have him on board but Ealy really good. I def would like a great DT commit but none we are in it for lol. Go Tigers!!!

And when I became a man.......

Feb 3, 2019, 10:24 AM

and when I became a man, I gave up my childish ways....I know what he is talking about. Most of us had to give up a first love to get somewhere in life. The young man is showing wisdom beyond his years and beyond sports.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wanted to be a rock star

Feb 3, 2019, 6:30 PM

but I sucked as a musician. When I got older I wanted to be a race car driver. But I'm not a good mechanic or driver and I'm not rich. Now I just want to be a good dad grandpa and husband. I'm pretty good at those things.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2019, 10:36 AM

He also mentioned intermurals earlier if he doesn't walk on the BB team. And I hear the football team has a killer team right now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2019, 2:43 PM

Do they allow them to play intramurals? They didn't when I was there in the mid-late 90's IIRC. In fact, had Terrell McIntyre in a class and played pickup game with a few of the players one time and they said they weren't supposed to even be playing with others and/or outside of sanctioned practice areas/times actually anyways due to risk of injury. etc

Feb 3, 2019, 6:27 PM

Yup, have for quite some time. There's a video online of Tee Higgins dunking over a guy in an intramural game a couple of weeks ago.

Feb 3, 2019, 10:46 AM

This young man is obviously very special in s many ways. A real good get for Clemson Man potential!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2019, 8:17 PM

We got a good ball player and a better person! Welcome Michel!

Feb 3, 2019, 11:27 AM

He appears to be a young man who will be a credit to Clemson University even when he isn’t on the football field. AND, that’s a good thing!

Feb 3, 2019, 12:00 PM

Solid!!!

Man i love this!

Feb 3, 2019, 12:20 PM

Can wait too see him in orange. Glad to have you Mikey! GO TIGERS!!!!

WOW! GO TIGERS!!! Can't wait to see this young man in orange***

Feb 3, 2019, 12:23 PM

can he play both for us?

Feb 3, 2019, 12:43 PM

Lord knows we need help in basketball

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2019, 4:53 PM

Congratulations Michel! Welcome to the Clemson family and way to represent Danny Jones! Look forward to watching you tear it up in the Valley and who knows maybe LJ. Great letter and keep working hard!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2019, 8:19 AM

This young man is really well versed.

Feb 4, 2019, 8:19 AM

This young man is really well versed.

Feb 6, 2019, 2:16 PM

It is not easy for a 5-10 basketball player to excel at a major level. Nonetheless, that was a well written letter. Hopefully he will turn out to be better than what is perceived from the level of football he plays at. I see him certainly being red-shirted, and maybe see a little bit of action under the red-shirt rule. I hope that he is another one of those hidden gems.

Replies: 24
| visibility 5,433
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic