Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson QB target includes Tigers in top schools cut
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,459

TNET: Clemson QB target includes Tigers in top schools cut

Dec 10, 2020, 11:13 PM

Clemson QB target includes Tigers in top schools cut

A primary Clemson target for the 2022 recruiting class included the ACC's Tigers in his latest cut for top schools. Four-star Martin, Tennessee quarterback Ty S Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson QB target includes Tigers in top schools cut

Dec 11, 2020, 1:43 AM

Well, he’s in the Top 10 of QB recruits we’re still interested in for 2022, so he must be thrilled.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Awkwardly worded headline.***

Dec 11, 2020, 6:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

revision reads a lot better, thanks***

Dec 11, 2020, 10:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2020, 8:53 AM

And we'll be focusing on you Ty.
Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2020, 9:32 AM

May have been posted already. If not, here's a little more what he's said.

https://247sports-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/247sports.com/Article/Ty-Simpson-top-schools-recruiting-Alabama-Clemson-Ole-Miss-Tennessee-156569141/Amp/?amp_js_v=a6&_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s&share=https%3A%2F%2F247sports.com%2FArticle%2FTy-Simpson-top-schools-recruiting-Alabama-Clemson-Ole-Miss-Tennessee-156569141%2F

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2020, 10:42 AM

I don’t know. His highlights look an awful lot like Bo Nix to me and that’s not a good thing. Very weird throwing motion and that kind of scrambling will get you 15-20 yard sacks in college. But I’m sure Dabo and friends would not offer if they didn’t think he could be something. Anyway he doesn’t quite fit in the generational QB mold of Watson, Lawrence and DJ but who does? That’s how blessed we’ve been.

Dec 11, 2020, 11:07 AM

I made it about halfway through his jr season highlight video to form my take on his skills.

First thing to jump off of the screen is that he has a pretty strong arm for a high school junior. He isn't on DJ's level (nobody is) but it's a big arm.

He also throws very well on the run.

That brings me to my next point specifically replying to Calhoun.

He doesn't run around like Bo Nix because he's a bad QB, he does it because he has an absolutely awful OL. Also I think his throwing motion looks very normal when he is standing and throwing. It changes some when he is on the run, but his on-the-run accuracy shows that whatever he is doing must be working.

On the plays where he has any sort of protection he seems very comfortable in the pocket and stands tall and makes college type throws downfield and to the sidelines.

He is listed as a dual threat QB, but I'm not sure he is as fast as Trevor. Speed looks similar to Watson at best and he seems to want to run to throw instead of bailing and running every time there is pressure. In saying that, I have no clue what his competition is like and sometimes that makes kids looks faster or slower than they really are.

As a high school junior, it's hard to tell what his ceiling will be but he will likely show up to college with a pretty good head for the game since his dad is a college coach.

I'm guessing this isn't a kid you would want running your team as a true freshman, but it looks to me like he is an extremely talented kid and a great prospect at this stage of his career.

Dec 11, 2020, 11:49 AM

Thanks for the breakdown. Not sure if you read the link I posted above where he talks about being Tebow esq. I can't look at it and break anything down because I'm not that smart but I agree with you, not the level of Trevor or DJ. Can't remember seeing the ?? HS film. Kinda sounds like he favors SEC... Not sure what to make out of his "win a Heisman" comment. He probably was just using it in context. If I had to guess, Tenn may have the upper hand with his bring in recruits to build a 98 team.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2020, 12:04 PM

For some reason, and I could be all wrong, something doesn’t sit well with me on this one. Character wise my radar is going off. TL and DJU both come across as straight up great kids right off the bat. This kid may be great too but something is different than the ones before him. Either way I wish him the best and I know for sure if Dabo wants him at QB he must be of super high quality. I would trust Dabo’s judgement over anyone’s.

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,459
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic