Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson-ND most expensive semi-final in playoff era for Tiger fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 6,332

TNET: Clemson-ND most expensive semi-final in playoff era for Tiger fans

Dec 5, 2018, 10:40 AM

Clemson-ND most expensive semi-final in playoff era for Tiger fans

Clemson is known for their loyal fans that travel in huge numbers to cheer on their Tigers anywhere and anytime. Despite being in four straight semi-finals in t Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson-ND most expensive semi-final in playoff era for Tiger fans

Dec 5, 2018, 10:45 AM

regardless.worth every penny of the price of admission.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 5, 2018, 2:50 PM

The best seat in the house is watching it on TV. Multiple angles, Slow motion replays! Sitting in the stands, you actually see about 1/4 of the game,and get jostled by drunken upstarts. If you are a masochist,then go to the stadium,and continue to support these ridiculous ticket prices. But,don't complain if you do. Your buying tickets at these ludicrous prices is the problem.

Dec 5, 2018, 3:45 PM

dgcannon39 said:

The best seat in the house is watching it on TV. Multiple angles, Slow motion replays! Sitting in the stands, you actually see about 1/4 of the game,and get jostled by drunken upstarts. If you are a masochist,then go to the stadium,and continue to support these ridiculous ticket prices. But,don't complain if you do. Your buying tickets at these ludicrous prices is the problem.

I am sorry life has not worked out for you like you wanted. For others this is fine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2018, 7:43 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson-ND most expensive semi-final in playoff era for Tiger fans ]

I absolutely disagree. I can’t go to the games usually, but if I could I would be at every one, just like the old days. There is nothing that the camaraderie, the air is different, the band playing, the interaction of the fans, Tiger Walk with the band, seeing fellow Tigers that you sit near each week or tailgate each week with, the excitement that builds as the buses come around and the players enter the stadium, the standing and screaming (yes this old woman would still do that) just the love of the game. There is nothing that beats being there.. there is replay on the screens for the big or controversial plays. Second best is the radio because you still get that Clemson feeling.. Steve doesn’t like it, but if I had my way the volume would be off of the tv and radio would be on.. I guess it’s a different perspective for everyone.. for me the comparison would be a stock car race.. watching on tv is last, sitting in the stands would be next but in the garage area interacting the smell and excitement is lost on the other two.. now I was raised in racing and being in the garage so I can feel the difference

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Dec 5, 2018, 8:32 PM

You get it, those reasons are a lot of the reasons I loved being in DV during a game. The high of being there watching our guys play against who ever come to the Valley has always had a special feeling for me, and without being there as many time as I have, I don't think that I would have ever become the Clemson Tiger fan that I am today. There just isn't nothing like being there and cheering the whole game win or lose. I'm proud to be a Clemson Tiger fan, and I have always been!!! Our Tigers these days just gives us more to brag about, and I've gotten good at that!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2018, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson-ND most expensive semi-final in playoff era for Tiger fans ]

when I was younger,being at the games was definitely a better experience,but as time has gone forward the convenience of the refrigerator and bathroom has outweighed the latter.not to mention that I can hurl any obscenity I choose at the tv,and there's generally no reponse from the cable folks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 5, 2018, 11:18 AM

Not only because of the teams, but it's an expensive venue...

Dec 5, 2018, 3:06 PM

You stop buying something, the prices go down. The games on TV, are free, and provide a much better perspective in viewing the game. But trying telling this to the legions who would rather crawl in traffic, pay out the nose for a parking space, after having paid a ridiculous price for a ticket. Okay, Death Valley can be exciting,what with the cheerleaders, and all, but I get all of this on TV. But, I hope that we continue to fill the stadium. Go tigers, beat ND.

Dec 11, 2018, 8:24 AM

I don't know where you get a TV signal, but mine is not free.

Dec 5, 2018, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson-ND most expensive semi-final in playoff era for Tiger fans ]

But it really doesn't have to be. This has become a ripoff.

Those are all closing prices. We'll see a similar drop here***

Dec 5, 2018, 11:14 PM

Re: Those are all closing prices. We'll see a similar drop here***

Dec 5, 2018, 11:39 AM

Yea, I feel like we see this every year. I expect they'll be near the Sugar Bowl prices by gametime.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When do the schools issue booster's tickets?

Dec 5, 2018, 12:20 PM

That's when a ton hit the market. I want to know when that is so I can plan accordingly.

TIA in advance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When do the schools issue booster's tickets?

Dec 5, 2018, 12:46 PM

That stadium seats 100,000. I think ticket prices will plummet on game day. I already booked a hotel close. Prices were not outrageous for that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2018, 7:48 PM

My uncle, a Clemson graduate, has never pre-purchased a ticket to any bowl game, ever, and he goes to them all. When I could go to games we always purchased through IPTAY, I don’t think Ticketmaster etc were around.. hell social media wasn’t around. He would get to the game with us and walk around and within an hour had tickets on the lower lever between the 40’s fir half what we paid IPTAY. this never failed, but I was always too afraid to take that chance

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Dec 5, 2018, 9:12 PM

JC - your uncle must have been my dad!!! That was his M.O. too!

Ohh no - I might be you!!!

Thanks for the memories!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which is the Clemson side of the stadium?

Dec 5, 2018, 1:10 PM

I think some of you might be underestimating the pull of ND. The Irish have a lot of well to do fans and those fans have never had a chance to see their team in a playoff game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Which is the Clemson side of the stadium?

Dec 5, 2018, 4:32 PM

It would lead me to believe from the board posts about ND alumni and the huge number of them (probably close to a billion that donate $700M to the school every year) are driving the ticket prices up because of the high demand. After living in the Chicago area for years before retiring back home (near Clemson), friends who were ND fans couldn't get tickets anywhere they played for a reasonable price. They definitely drove the prices up on StubHub and other sites when they came here in 2015. The ticket prices for that game were the highest I've ever seen for a Tiger home game. It won't be all orange in Dallas but it will turn out being blue for ND. Go Tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2018, 1:41 PM

I went to the Cowboys ticket sales to see what it cost for tickets to see a Cowboy game, and what I learn is this. When that stadium was built, it was built to be fan friendly for being able to have a good view of the field from any seat in the house, so don't worry about having a bad seat bc I checked out seats all over the stadium, and it's a good view from anywhere. The ticket prices for the Dallas Cowboys VS Tampa Bay game in mid December, I saw a lot of Tics for less than $180 buck to over $500 bucks.

Even though those prices are high for a College FB playoff game, if I were able to make that trip, I would have to some how scrape up the money and go just for the experience to watch our Tigers play in that awesome stadium bc, that is one very nice sports venue, and seriously if I was able, I would love going, finale answer!!!

Big money Jerry Jones has to pay the City of Arlington $2 mil a year for the Cowboys to play all their home game in the AT&T stadium. But according to the Reddit article, (good read I thought) Oh Jerry put himself in a good deal as far as the financing and tax savings he gets with the deal he has made with the City of Arlington, win, win for ole money bags Jerry Jones!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/cowboys/comments/7h47eg/who_owns_att_stadium/

Those of us that actually support the school and buy

Dec 5, 2018, 1:49 PM

from IPTAY have spent waaaay more than the “get in” prices in the article.

Dec 5, 2018, 2:23 PM

thats just to get in, price of getting there is absurd. committee decided that Oklahoma "might" possibly have some notional advantage because their fans could drive... so they made it so no one can drive.... and plane fares are absurd to get there...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s about a 150 mile difference between Miami and Dallas trips

Dec 5, 2018, 2:27 PM

from Clemson.

Re: It’s about a 150 mile difference between Miami and Dallas trips

Dec 5, 2018, 7:27 PM

Yes, but Orlando is between Clemson and Miami. Shreveport is between Clemson and Dallas.

Dec 5, 2018, 2:26 PM

Lol i definitely paid around 100 per ticket for the Oklahoma game and those were upper deck ??????

Dec 5, 2018, 2:50 PM

Did you wait until the last minute to buy? I paid $175 through IPTAY (face) for upper endzone, but I had friends who bought day of the game and were in the club level for $60

How much of that is "Gold Helmet money"?

Dec 5, 2018, 3:48 PM

I guess there's an orange paw on the pot of gold.

Dec 5, 2018, 9:26 PM

Those of you that are physically able to go and can find the $$$, please, please, please GO for those of us that don't have that ability!

My bride's health doesn't permit overnight trip anymore. Even though it's a 4.5 hr drive one way, I can still make it to all home games. I can also attend our games in NC, VA and GA but that's my limit on distance away from her.

Once this time of year comes around, my bride and I holler at the tv together. Sometimes she wishes I was at the game, in person, as I mess up her normal viewing routine!!! God, I love that woman!!!

Y'ALL PLEASE JUST GO AND PULL OUR TIGERS THROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies: 27
| visibility 6,332
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic