Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson DL enters transfer portal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson DL enters transfer portal

Jan 4, 2021, 5:19 PM

Clemson DL enters transfer portal

Clemson graduate defensive tackle Nyles Pinckney has entered the transfer portal. Pinckney tallied 16 tackles with one sack and seven QB hurries over 272 snaps Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson DL enters transfer portal

Jan 4, 2021, 5:44 PM

Hate to see ya go, but best of luck!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 6:35 PM

Hate to see any of the team depart, but he is 3rd on depth and won't see much playing time next year. Room for youth.

Jan 4, 2021, 5:52 PM

Wow...we only took Page at DT this cycle. Did TID from Gaffney already sign somewhere?

Gaffney kid signed with GA***

Jan 4, 2021, 6:55 PM

Jan 4, 2021, 7:11 PM

I mean, why is these guys leaving, have they been told something that they couldn't live with, like, this isn't a college vacation, and you have to work your butt off to achieve what you want. If you want to be the starter, work harder than a starter, and get better than the starter!!!! Renfrow and other walk ons come to Clemson at the very bottom of their position list, and they have done the necessary work that made them better, and they became starters as the reward for their hard work. I mean, don't say that it can't be done, bc it has been done from as low on the team as a player can get, and if a player isn't willing to do what has to be done, they will be better off somewhere, where winning championships isn't one of teams priorities!!!! Good luck to any that wasn't all in, and willing to give 100% everyday!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 8:11 PM

Must be something like that!!

In any case, wish them both well wherever they decide to go.

Jan 4, 2021, 10:28 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson DL enters transfer portal ]

Pinckney is a grad student. Probably just doesn’t want to give football up if he didn’t get the grade he wanted. Going to go get another year somewhere else to give his nfl dream another shot.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 11:14 PM

Exactly and I don't know why these guys don't get that. I have a sneaky suspicion as to why they automatically assume it's be cause they just don't want to work hard as if these guys haven't been "working hard". Nyles has gone through injury and been extremely consistent and the kid graduated so wish him well and let him be. As much as I love Clemson, it's ok if guys leave sometimes, in fact if I were Taisun, I'd enter the transfer portal as well because he's an elite qb much more than Chase was and DJ is clearly the air to the throne sort of like when Justin Fields decided to leave UGA. Well we see how that worked out.....

Jan 5, 2021, 5:43 PM

Exactly. Nyles looked like a chubby teddy bear when he arrived at Clemson and now he's total beefsteak. He's worked hard and contributed. Wish him a great future!

why the assumption that he didn't want to work?

Jan 4, 2021, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson DL enters transfer portal ]

he's a graduate, has two national championships, has been on campus for 4 seasons already... what expectation do you have that he should have stayed when 5th year players and graduates have given their full attention to being a student and athlete for 5 years? He's transferring because it is his prerogative and an opportunity to continue HIS football career in a way that he chooses...
Renfrow is only one of two starters that you can name over the last 5 years that started as walk-ons, he's the exception because 90% of walk-ons see even fewer snaps than these guys did as scholarship athletes. Pinckney and Williams both did everything asked of them for 5 years including graduating, stop implying that anybody that puts 4 or 5 years in has any expectation that something was going to be given to them, ESPECIALLY those two guys; you really should get to know them before dismissing their work ethic and character...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 11:25 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson DL enters transfer portal ]

Why the negative assumptions?

Who says they haven't given everything of themselves to the program. Not everyone can be a Hunter Renfrow, Christian Wilkins or Grady Jarrett. There are only 11 starting spots on each side of the ball.

Ultimately, there has the be a pecking order. If they've gotten their degree, did everything asked of them (and I've never heard of either DT's being in the doghouse) then that tells me they've gotten the experience they hoped for, but maybe they know there other places that will give them a new experience.

To assume they haven't given their best is kinda sad, and certainly shouldn't be the standard for us fans every time somebody wants to transfer (especially after they've graduated and been in great standing with the team).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why do you assume they don't want to

Jan 5, 2021, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson DL enters transfer portal ]

work hard? NP got his degree. That's the deal they make with Dabo and he fulfilled it. Maybe he wants to get a graduate degree somewhere else and be a big fish in a small pond. I hope the best for him!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nyles is a great kid. Wish only the best for him going

Jan 5, 2021, 10:06 AM

forward.

Screw Calford.

Jan 5, 2021, 10:11 AM

If Ohio State has to pull out of the championship game due to COVID, can the guys who entered the portal come back if Clemson gets to replace Ohio State against Alabama?

Jan 11, 2021, 5:34 PM

Minnesota sites are saying he's going to play for the Gophers. Behind Dabo, PJ Fleck is one of my favorite coaches in college football.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic