Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson DE returning for 2021 season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson DE returning for 2021 season

Jan 18, 2021, 5:53 PM

Clemson DE returning for 2021 season

Xavier Thomas is coming back as a Clemson Tiger. The Florence native, who still has two years available to play due to the NCAA waiver, after a tough 2020 that Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson DE returning for 2021 season

Jan 18, 2021, 5:56 PM

Is he out of the Love Shak?

Hope he puts his heart into it. He is a difference maker.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2021, 8:54 PM

When was he in it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is huge! Great news!***

Jan 18, 2021, 5:56 PM

Jan 18, 2021, 5:57 PM

Starting to feel like 2021 is going to be like 2018.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 18, 2021, 6:13 PM

With BV having that much experience on defense, he will cause other OCs to have nightmares when their game with us gets close!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2021, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson DE returning for 2021 season ]

Minus the dominant players coming back.

Is this good or bad?***

Jan 18, 2021, 5:58 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's good. Hth***

Jan 19, 2021, 10:53 AM

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jan 18, 2021, 6:01 PM

This will work well if we play more 4-3. That 3-3-5 was ran on too much and didn't generate a pass rush.

Jan 18, 2021, 6:16 PM

Especially with a mobile QBs, 3-3-5 D gives them to much time with to much room to escape!!!

Jan 18, 2021, 6:02 PM

IMPO, this is some of the best news we've had in weeks. Yes I'm happy with all the rest that have decided to come back, but XT has proven when healthy, that he can get to, or flush a QB. IMO, last season was a season that opposing QBs had way too much time to get the ball out without someone flushing them out of the back field!!!

This is your year XT!***

Jan 18, 2021, 6:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Just Stay Out The Love Shack Now!

Jan 18, 2021, 6:05 PM

If XT is healthy and can stay out of trouble - he could "earn" himself a huge pay day. He has game changing capability; when all of his energy is focused.
I know Covid-19 stopped him this season and other injuries slowed his progress. But, those were not the only things holding him back it seems.
Much like DK - I am hoping XT can put it all together for the team and for themselves! Be solid students. Be solid citizens. And be excellent football players who make plays all over the field at a high and extreme level.

Go Tigers!

Get Healthy! Get better!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just Stay Out The Love Shack Now!

Jan 18, 2021, 6:38 PM

Good at sealing the edge too. Going to be tough as nails to keep Myles off the field.

XT got discouraged or disconnected in 2019. Not sure if he got frustrated with PT cause of the 335 or what. Seemed like it. Time for him to step up and lead the team.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think he was in the Love Shack

Jan 18, 2021, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Just Stay Out The Love Shack Now! ]

He was out b/c of protocol late in the year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think he was in the Love Shack

Jan 19, 2021, 3:27 AM

Could have been a little of both. There were stories of him spending time with other kids outside the umbrella of the football team. Any other year, every kid is doing it, and he might not have seen it as a big deal since he had the virus earlier. Problem is protocol didn't account for the fact that he was highly unlikely to contract it a second time. If XT's protocol issues occurred outside of the football team, it probably did not sit real well with Dabo.

Regardless, I am thrilled that he is coming back. I think that another year at Clemson gives himself the best chance to better himself in several ways, and I am glad that he agrees.

Jan 18, 2021, 6:10 PM

XT coming back shows maturity, just like Kendrick. Hopefully, both of them can fix their issues and play like Dabo knows they can.

What was up with him liking the anti-Clemson tweets

Jan 18, 2021, 6:18 PM

a few weeks ago?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: What was up with him liking the anti-Clemson tweets

Jan 18, 2021, 10:26 PM

My guess, and this is strictly a shot in the dark. The guy posted something to the effect that, "people love when Clemson lose". The guy was a former player at USuC and if I am not not mistaken was from SC. I honestly think he was just joking around bc lets be honest USuC has absolutely nothing to hang their hat on right now. XT likely has met this this former USuC player in the past being from SC and I think the guy is in the NFL right now so he was probably just "laughing" at the comment after meeting him at some point in the past. That said, is it a good look? No. Do I like it? No. But the fact he is coming back seems to imply he is still a tiger. I can't imagine a player not being All In being allowed to come back under Dabo so I trust his judgement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2021, 11:41 PM

He’s agreeing that people love to see Clemson lose. That’s not saying anything bad about Clemson. It’s saying that Clemson is a top dog and haters come with the territory. I really don’t see how people don’t get that.

Jan 18, 2021, 11:39 PM [ in reply to What was up with him liking the anti-Clemson tweets ]

He didn’t like an anti-Clemson tweet, some of you on here just have the reading comprehension skills of a USC grad.

What? I saw it with my own eyes. Should have SS it.***

Jan 19, 2021, 11:19 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Well Myles Murphy will be one starter

Jan 18, 2021, 6:20 PM

Based upon Justin Foster's play in 2019, he may be the favorite at the other slot. XT will have an opportunity to play a lot of passing reps if he can rekindle 2018.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2021, 6:21 PM

Heck yeah!!! This will help our defense out next year with him 100%

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2021, 6:33 PM

What's the status of Foster's health? Any updates @dhood. Is or was he working out with the team? Any practice? Tia

Jan 18, 2021, 6:53 PM

XT and DK coming back are critical to this D having a chance to be elite in 2021!

We need depth and pass rush at DE and I think DK takes the next step into developing into a lock down corner. Remember he’s only played 2 years of CB.

This D may have a chance to look like the 2018 D that carried us to the National Championship!

Jan 18, 2021, 10:09 PM

I think we'll see a huge jump from Malcolm Greene and he'll earn a lot of reps. Listening to the way Skalski talks about him and his work ethic second to none...

As the xperts say here. This D should whip them oline fellas into a frenzy. Hope so, got to get that iron sharpener working 4 DJU.

Jan 18, 2021, 10:45 PM

As some has mention Clemgal, that our D will be like 2018, maybe not that good IMO, but much better than this past season bc, our better D guys was out of a lot of games this covid year. Hopefully they all will get, and stay healthy next season. If so, our opponents OC will have a restless week prior to our game!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

As opposed to...?******

Jan 18, 2021, 6:50 PM

Jan 18, 2021, 7:20 PM

He has a huge opportunity to make himself some money if he just puts his head down and works. He could be the Cornell of '21.

Jan 18, 2021, 7:33 PM

Let’s go, XT!! We will be able to roll them in three at a time on the D line as god intended! Get back to owning the line of scrimmage and collecting TFLs.

Jan 18, 2021, 7:41 PM

The "D" just got a little deeper. Can't wait until next year. Go Tigers!

Jan 18, 2021, 7:52 PM

That is Great news!! Defense should be deep and talented!!

Wonderful! So glad to hear this!***

Jan 18, 2021, 8:53 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jan 18, 2021, 9:31 PM

Wow this is HUGE for our defense next season!! Our line should be nasty!!! Glad he is coming back.

Jan 18, 2021, 9:38 PM

I think XT was too heavy last year due to Covid and lost a step and quickness. Just needs to drop some lbs and work hard from now until the season starts.

Textbook tackle in that clip

Jan 18, 2021, 10:30 PM

Head up, facemask in chest, wrapped him up and ran through the tackle... if Dungy wasn't the strapping young man that he is, that would have been QB KO...

Welcome Back XT!!

Jan 18, 2021, 10:54 PM

Man if this team plays to there potential they are gonna be very scary. I could see 4 of the guys on D get drafted in the first two rounds. If Ross is healthily he’ll be the first WR gone. If Galloway is used properly I think he would be a 2nd rounder. I believe DJ is gonna put up higher numbers than Trevor ever did. The RB and O-line rooms have me worried. Hopefully I’m worried about nothing but only time will tell.

Jan 18, 2021, 11:01 PM

Great to have him back -not sure its really breaking news however.. Let's hope he is well for next year and can return to what he was his first two years - if he does then he and Murray will be forces to contend with!

Jan 18, 2021, 11:56 PM

??

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic