Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: City of Clemson approves voluntary curfew starting Friday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

TNET: City of Clemson approves voluntary curfew starting Friday

Mar 19, 2020, 2:43 PM

City of Clemson approves voluntary curfew starting Friday

The Coronavirus is undoubtedly disrupting the way of life in so many different facets. The City of Clemson understands the need for social distancing and to get Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: City of Clemson approves curfew starting Friday

Mar 19, 2020, 2:48 PM

This will get much worse before it gets better. Find some toilet paper and hunker down.

A voluntary curfew? What's the point of imposing a curfew..

Mar 19, 2020, 2:53 PM

if it's voluntary?

Curfew's are mandatory things from what I've always known.

Re: A voluntary curfew? What's the point of imposing a curfew..

Mar 19, 2020, 3:03 PM

I am assuming this is being done so that if a mandatory curfew order is given it will be less shocking. This way they will have higher compliance from the start.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A voluntary curfew? What's the point of imposing a curfew..

Mar 19, 2020, 3:21 PM [ in reply to A voluntary curfew? What's the point of imposing a curfew.. ]

They are just asking people that if it's not dire that you go out between the hours of 11 pm to 6 am, just stay at home. They are basing this own, we are asking you to stay in bc every little bit helps. If they see that travel after those hour don't change, rest assured they WILL force it with a mandatory order. If that happens, you better be heading in the direction of the hospital if you get caught bc, you could end up in jail, or handcuffed to a pole at your home!!!:)

They will stop you one way or another if people just say FK that and get out in those hours anyway, like going to a friend or family home after the curfew hours to continue the weekly card game, or for just simple BS. If a person is one of those incurable stupid/idiots, you will get what you absolutely deserve. They should auger a pole in your front yard and handcuff you to it, and ask your neighbors to walk by and throw chit balls at you for not caring about their or your own family well being so little, that you would risk bringing a sickness back to the neighborhood without an emergency cause!!! :(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would you have a curfew from 11pm to 6 am?

Mar 19, 2020, 2:56 PM

Seems like you would do a curfew from 6 am to 11pm if you truly wanted to make a difference.

Couldn't imagine there are many gatherings of over 50 people past 11pm.

Re: Why would you have a curfew from 11pm to 6 am?

Mar 19, 2020, 3:30 PM

Caddie in today's world, the parties and social gathering don't kick off until after 10-11 pm at night. After work, they come home and shower, eat, then rest or take a nap to be rested for whatever they were going to do that night. For me hearing what younger people do these days, it's nothing like the way my generation done things. They have taken it to a totally different level, yep, they rest up before they go out and party!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Showing your age a little there, Caddie***

Mar 19, 2020, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Why would you have a curfew from 11pm to 6 am? ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eh. It's common sense that there's minimal activity after 11pm

Mar 19, 2020, 7:50 PM

When compared to 9-5. Most everything is already closed. Bars and such are closed anyway.

I think that sounds cool but is pretty ineffective.

Re: TNET: City of Clemson approves volunteer curfew starting Friday

Mar 19, 2020, 3:02 PM

Like the girl who said she was "a little bit pregnant"...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dont understand limiting hours

Mar 19, 2020, 3:10 PM

Measures like this only force more people into contact during limited hours. If people need to run errands etc, isnt it better if it is spread over MORE hours not less?

Re: Dont understand limiting hours

Mar 19, 2020, 3:15 PM

You run errands after 11?

The entire world has gone nuts. Running errands after 11 is as nutty as a curfew.

sometimes I do

Mar 19, 2020, 3:17 PM

also not everyone works 9-5.

Mar 19, 2020, 3:18 PM

Aren’t the streets pretty bare during those hours anyway ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Mar 19, 2020, 3:33 PM

Yes, they are usually already at the clubs or the party venue just before 11 or 12 midnight!!! ;)

Mar 19, 2020, 10:18 PM

I’m usually in my bed during those hours.

I live in the city and am NOT looking forward tot he return

Mar 19, 2020, 3:19 PM

of the students. The grocery stores are already emptying out of staples, and I just can't imagine what an influx of off campus folks coming back to stock up for an indefinite amout of time will do. Also, now that Pickens County kids are trying to do e-learning, I've already noticed the internet service slllloooowwwwiiiinnnngg dddooooowwwwnnnn. I don't think the internet can handle everyone 'working from home'.

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Re: TNET: City of Clemson approves voluntary curfew starting Friday

Mar 19, 2020, 3:42 PM

Voluntary seems odd.

Until 1974 all bars closed at Midnight

Mar 19, 2020, 3:51 PM

Frank Howard had it put in to get football players home. We used to have some great parties on campus > Midnight. It was repealed when a pool room on 123 challenged the law. They ruled 2AM was the state law and a local town could not make a law contrary to state law.

Mar 19, 2020, 4:04 PM

At this point a curfew is useless. Every Country, State and most Cities have cases of COVID-19. The hope of containment is now an afterthought. A curfew now will only bring more confusion separating of families and undue stress and pain from being isolated.
We are at a point where we will have to realize this virus will run its course and we can't stop it. We should be more concerned about self defense. Protecting our self and doing everything we can to strengthen our immune system and staying healthy and clean.
Drugs are starting to come on line to fight this monster. Just today, the President announced one that will be available to Doctors for patients who have the virus, in their offices in a few days.
Do the things the CDC has said you need to do to protect yourself and we will get through this thing.
Self isolation is a better method than imposed curfew.
God bless Tiger Nation and the USA.

I live in Pickens county

Mar 19, 2020, 4:37 PM

We have zero cases, Oconee likewise. The surrounding counties of Greenville and Anderson have a total of five. So that's a total of five in my county and the counties adjacent.

The population of those four counties combined is 894K, and that's based on old data. The way Greenville has grown alone makes me think that total is likely over a million now. We'll find out soon; got my census stuff in the mail today.

Anyways, based on the old census data, that translates to 0.00056% of the population in Greenville, Anderson, Pickens and Oconee are infected. I think we're still at a point where we can say containment is most definitely possible. Please don't have such a defeatist attitude.

Also, I 100% agree that self isolation is better than an imposed curfew; the curfew is for the fools that refuse to heed the CDC's warnings.

Re: I live in Pickens county

Mar 19, 2020, 8:16 PM

You're two weeks away. There will be thousands of cases in those counties.

Mar 21, 2020, 11:59 AM

Seems this initiative may be aimed at law enforcement concerns.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic