Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Citadel refused to shorten 2nd half vs. Clemson: "Not what Citadel is about"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

TNET: Citadel refused to shorten 2nd half vs. Clemson: "Not what Citadel is about"

Sep 19, 2020, 8:55 PM

Citadel refused to shorten 2nd half vs. Clemson: "Not what Citadel is about"

No. 1 Clemson brought the hammer against The Citadel dropping a 49-0 score at halftime on Saturday. Game officials came to Citadel head coach Brent Thompson dur Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Citadel is only playing 4 games

Sep 19, 2020, 8:57 PM

So may as well get their money's worth for each one.

Last game is October 10 against Army.

It earned my respect.***

Sep 19, 2020, 9:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It earned my respect.***

Sep 19, 2020, 9:27 PM

These guys are ballers, and their QB impressed me, along with all of them.... God bless the Citadel tradition of fight and discipline!

Go Tigers!!!

Re: It earned my respect.***

Sep 20, 2020, 12:20 AM [ in reply to It earned my respect.*** ]

Initially I said why, but then remembered only 4 games this season, although they could still come forward as a conference and start a full season. But just think about the valuable time his players have now especially against his own Conference if they play, he has seen way better talent in Clemson and USF. I their conference decides to play, I'm gonna be all in for Citadel and their coach who wanted to work! I finally realized it was awesome!

Re: TNET: Citadel refused to shorten 2nd half vs. Clemson: "Not what Citadel is about"

Sep 19, 2020, 9:35 PM

Bet they didn't wear ant stickers either, but we did

Re: TNET: Citadel refused to shorten 2nd half vs. Clemson: "Not what Citadel is about"

Sep 19, 2020, 9:43 PM

Why can’t we give the sticker thing a rest. It’s getting tiresome.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2020, 11:48 AM

because 70% of this board is rednecks with a sense of white privilege a mile long.

Sep 20, 2020, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Citadel refused to shorten 2nd half vs. Clemson: "Not what Citadel is about" ]

Totally agree. We should just have a little pin or something on our usernames indicating our stance on stickers so that we'd all know and all shut up about it.

Sep 19, 2020, 9:37 PM

I graduated from Clemson and took a course at the Citadel while co-oping at the Corps of Engineers. I've always respected the Citadel.

Sep 19, 2020, 9:38 PM

I graduated from Clemson and took a course at the Citadel while co-oping at the Corps of Engineers. I've always respected the Citadel.

Sep 19, 2020, 9:40 PM

Sorry, I don't know what I did.

Pretty sure you graduated from Clemson and took a course at

Sep 19, 2020, 11:08 PM

the Citadel while co-oping at the Corps of Engineers. I've always respected the Citadel.

Pretty sure you graduated from Clemson and..

Sep 20, 2020, 12:22 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Citadel refused to shorten 2nd half vs. Clemson: "Not what Citadel is about" ]

took a course at Citadel. I think you always respected them too? Just a guess?

Sep 20, 2020, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Citadel refused to shorten 2nd half vs. Clemson: "Not what Citadel is about" ]

Ha ha. You are on the mobile app, right? The "post" button doesn't give and visual feedback that it has been pressed, so often times I press it more than once think it isn't working. It should be disabled once it is pressed until the post is completed. I think that is a "miss" by the programmer.

That many times and you didn't know???

Sep 20, 2020, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Citadel refused to shorten 2nd half vs. Clemson: "Not what Citadel is about" ]

:)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2020, 9:39 PM

Where did u graduate from?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Outstanding response. I wouldn’t expect any less from the Military College of South Carolina

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got a give 'em credit for man-ing up.***

Sep 19, 2020, 9:39 PM

Sep 19, 2020, 11:20 PM

There is no quit in that organization and I would take any of them in a foxhole when my ### was on the line...what they lack in athleticism is where the guts start....I wish them the best!

Sep 19, 2020, 11:39 PM

Good for them! I hope it was not our idea to ask them. That is pretty insulting and you can pretty well figure what Dabo or BV would say to a question like that.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2020, 10:10 PM

This^

Sep 20, 2020, 2:25 AM

A couple of years ago, Clemson was up something like 42-0 on S.Carolina State. They jumped at the opportunity when asked if they would like to play the 2nd half with a running clock. I'm assuming Clemson had already put the check in the mail, why hang around earn it.

That is the difference in those 2 programs and probably why one of the 2 is always in financial trouble

Really the only reason to accept that offer is if

Sep 20, 2020, 1:39 PM

His players were getting physically over powered to the point where they were being injured. I saw none of that so play on. Plus I’m sure that coach knew that he’d be facing 30 full minutes of second and third...and fourth string players.

null

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic