Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Brownell updates Shelton Mitchell's status for Duke
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

TNET: Brownell updates Shelton Mitchell's status for Duke

Feb 16, 2018, 3:09 PM

Brownell updates Shelton Mitchell's status for Duke

CLEMSON - Clemson head coach Brad Brownell told the media Friday afternoon that junior guard Shelton Mitchell is unllikley to play Sunday. Mitchell was struck i Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw what happened on TV and I’m pretty certain he won’t play

Feb 16, 2018, 3:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: I saw what happened on TV and I’m pretty certain he won’t play

Feb 17, 2018, 1:05 PM

Yea I was watching and that was a pretty nasty concussion no way he is able to play. He couldnt even stand it was bad and just hope him a full speedy recovery. His health comes before winning any game. On that note not having him is going to be a huge loss for us.
Some freshman are going to have to stand up. Trapp can redeem that performance vs fsu against Duke by having a good game, Simms as well. The two white Boys (I know that's bad but I'm blanking out on their names) need to have big games too. Mitchell is huge for us even more since grantham went out. We can still beat Duke and keep the home streak alive crowd is going to be crazy!! Wish you a 100% and speed recovery Mitchell, the rest of the team can hold it down while you recover. Go Tigers!!!

Re: TNET: Brownell updates Shelton Mitchell's status for Duke

Feb 16, 2018, 3:17 PM

:(

Feb 16, 2018, 3:18 PM

Was that guy ejected for targeting?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, there was not even a foul called. Refs looked at replay

Feb 16, 2018, 7:28 PM

on monitor and made no call whatsoever. SMH.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not good for Sunday for sure

Feb 16, 2018, 3:21 PM

but just praying Shelton is recovering. Quickly.

Feb 16, 2018, 3:24 PM

By the looks of his condition when he was dragged off the court without any power of his own, I truly don't think that anybody expected him to in our game against Duke Sunday afternoon. So I ask you BB that knows our team personnel, exactly how much will this affect us against Duke?

Re: TNET: Brownell updates Shelton Mitchell's status for Duke***

Feb 16, 2018, 3:37 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2018, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Brownell updates Shelton Mitchell's status for Duke ]

Could have a huge effect on the game Sunday. Just like it did on the outcome of the FSU game. Shelton may not be the high scorer but he is without exception the guy we go to in the last few minutes of close games. He has been money at clutch time. The only way we don’t miss him is if we blow Duke out which isn’t likely.

Feb 16, 2018, 3:38 PM

Not good at all snake bit again

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2018, 4:01 PM

That’s an update

Feb 16, 2018, 4:13 PM

Didn’t realize he was hospitalized after being taken off of the court. I hope he takes his time and makes sure he is ready. That was a serious head injury

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Feb 16, 2018, 4:23 PM

H e l l he probably has got some broke toes the way they drug him off the court.

Dadgum

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Feb 16, 2018, 5:07 PM

Get well Shelton. The other players are going to have to step it up. Actually Clemson is in 3rd place because Duke has a better overall record.

Well most definitely is a loss now

Feb 16, 2018, 6:15 PM

Next game

Well most definitely is a loss now

Feb 16, 2018, 6:15 PM

Next game

Feb 16, 2018, 7:22 PM

It was amazing to me that there were no questions about how SM was dragged off the court? Has the press lost their curiosity?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2018, 7:22 PM

It was amazing to me that there were no questions about how SM was dragged off the court? Has the press lost their curiosity?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 16, 2018, 7:30 PM

After listening to CBB I'm convinced that "low energy Jeb Bush" has more energy than CBB. I had hoped he'd be fired up about the poor officiating and medical protocol at FSU! I'm still amazed that they drug SM off the court unconscious with his feet dragging. Where was the neck collar, backboard and stretcher? I've never seen ANY athlete treated with such disregard to his health.

Feb 16, 2018, 7:33 PM

CBB's comment that he had not talked to the Drs before the press conference was inexcusable.

Feb 16, 2018, 8:25 PM

I agree. I believe that if my starting point guard had gotten hurt, I’d be in contact with the doctors and would know his condition every day. The fact that Brownell hadn’t even talked to the doctors shows how much he cares about his players.

Feb 16, 2018, 8:28 PM

Maybe, I don’t know, but maybe he isn’t allowed to discuss a students health or medical standing. That would be my thought with him being a minor, student and no consent. I don’t know that for sure but I would hope that is the case and the coach is really physically checking on his player that was hurt as bad as he was. That photo is awful you can see the vacant stare in his eyes

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Feb 17, 2018, 12:55 PM

Agree. I'm sure they don't want coaches pressuring the doctors. They may have a policy similar to what they have in place regarding coaches and academic staff - the coaches cannot initiate discussions about a player so that there is no opportunity to exert any sort of undue pressure.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic