Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Brett Favre on Deshaun Watson's trade request
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

TNET: Brett Favre on Deshaun Watson's trade request

Feb 3, 2021, 7:36 PM

Brett Favre on Deshaun Watson's trade request

Another day and another hot take by Pro Football Hall of Famer Brett Favre. Favre was interviewed by Yahoo Sports recently and was asked about his thoughts on D Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Brett Favre on Deshaun Watson's trade request

Feb 3, 2021, 7:42 PM

Says the guy that "retired" from Green Bay to force a trade to the Jets in 2008.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with Brett ---- in general

Feb 3, 2021, 9:09 PM

I think we pay professional football and basketball players too much, and wish they (like other overpaid celebrities) would get a grip and realize that their opinion is no more valuable than the average Joe - just because they get paid well for their physical talents. That does not make them any smarter than the average Joe. In fact, most of them would not have gone to college or graduated if they had not been an athlete. So, they should shut up on most issues.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree with Brett ---- in general

Feb 4, 2021, 8:57 AM

So, who should get that money? The owners? The people? That’s communism pure and simple. If you think they don’t earn every penny, you’re not paying attention. They fill those seats. They have skills that less than 1% of the planet can claim. Yet, the owners make more money than ANY 12 superstars combined. SMH. So how do you pay the elite? I doubt there is an opinion that makes my eyes roll any harder. Here’s how you can change what a pro athlete or movie star makes: stop consuming their work. Stop sending them $150 for a Watson jersey so he can make 5 cents on it. Stop buying tickets to games so he can make $ off of people in the seats. Stop watching games so that revenue share doesn’t inflate their salaries. They. Earn. That. Money.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree with Brett ---- in general

Feb 4, 2021, 9:00 AM [ in reply to I agree with Brett ---- in general ]

Disagree on that front.

I would say that most would have not only gone to college but generally done fairly well an any pursuit. You don't get to the upper level of either the NBA or NFL without both some level of smarts, social savvy, and work ethic/hustle/competition etc. Sure you have the dingbats in all field but, you don't stay arund long unless you have those exceptional skill-sets.

If you REALLY want about folks getting paid for services not rendered, start looking at the tax/finance/building incentives for the "owners" of the teams. Basically get the taxpayers to fund their project and then they get to control the venue.

And hey, this is Merica - even the village idiot has a voice and we give 536 village idiots the most.

What the HeII is Brett Favre doin’ here?

Feb 3, 2021, 7:42 PM

Dude hates him some Clemson, maybe he’s a closet coot. Southern Miss is trash, wonder why he’s ranting.

Shane Beamer did hire him as “Director of Trashing Clemson NFL Players...”

Feb 3, 2021, 8:00 PM

But Auburn hired him away the very next day.

So expect a complete 180 on Smitty going #1 overall now.

~JKB

Re: What the HeII is Brett Favre doin’ here?

Feb 4, 2021, 5:05 PM [ in reply to What the HeII is Brett Favre doin’ here? ]

He is a has been that will never be of any importance for college FB ever. Sounds like he is lonely man, reminds me of the maytag repairman!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just shut up Brett! If you didn't live it, don't preach it

Feb 3, 2021, 7:49 PM

Also, your comment about Trevor was just plain stupid.

Feb 3, 2021, 8:14 PM

When a player has the career that Brett Farve has had, he talks and people listen. Doesn't mean he is right but he has that right.

Remember how BF crapped out on the Falcons ?

Feb 3, 2021, 8:23 PM

Most folks forget he was with the Falcons first, was a crappy oaf and sent to Green Bay. He needs to keep his QB comments to himself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We don’t really need to know every time someone mentions Clemson

Feb 3, 2021, 9:05 PM

Unless TNet really needs the clickbait.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We don’t really need to know every time someone mentions Clemson

Feb 4, 2021, 5:29 AM

Here here

Feb 4, 2021, 7:47 AM

There is no bigger Deshaun fan than I am. However I look at it like this. Houston is WELL within their rights to not trade DW4. He signed a contract and I certainly never had the option of forcing a Trade from the Marine Corps to say, the Coast Guard. He signed his contract after Nuk was traded, and had to know after 3-4 years that the organization was a crap show.. And I dont wanna hear about their stance on social issues. Social issues should have ZERO bearing on business. Problem is now the world has changed and yes, patients DO run the asylum.
That said, because DW4 dosnt have a military contract he is well within his right to sit out. Now we will see if Houston is willing to pull an Al Davis, who absolutely let his QB sit out all year long ago. I hope it works out for Deshaun, I REALLY do, but Houstons GM has a point. Why do you trade one of if not possibly the best QB in the game? And besides just the forced trade attempt, DW4 also has a no trade clause. So, in order to trade him he has to waive it, but it will only be for a team of his choosing. So say the best offer is from a REALLY bad team Deshaun dosnt wanna go to. Houston STILL cant get anything close to fair return value, and its frankly unfair to them. Maybe I'm old school, but I have never been a fan of players not honoring and playing out their current contract, and sadly that opinion remains true for my all time favorite Tiger still. As for Brett's comments..oh yeah, $%^& Farva!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2021, 7:51 AM

At the end of the day, though, Deshaun has all the leverage.

He can just not play.

If he's willing to take that step, Houston's got no choice. They have to make the trade.

I suppose in the Marines you had that choice too, but you'd wind up in Leavenworth. Not really a lot of leverage, there.

Feb 4, 2021, 8:09 AM

As long as teams have the ability to franchise tag, I have no problems with players trying to dictate who they play for. It’s a 2 way street. Teams can’t have all the power.

But I really have to ask this question. We watch him when he was here and have a good idea of who Watson is as a person. He does not strike me as the childish greedy type. It really makes me ask the question what really happened behind close does to put such a bad taste in his mouth.

Feb 4, 2021, 8:09 AM

As long as teams have the ability to franchise tag, I have no problems with players trying to dictate who they play for. It’s a 2 way street. Teams can’t have all the power.

But I really have to ask this question. We watch him when he was here and have a good idea of who Watson is as a person. He does not strike me as the childish greedy type. It really makes me ask the question what really happened behind close does to put such a bad taste in his mouth.

Bad Taste? I help you out here...

Feb 4, 2021, 9:04 AM

1. Trade your best receiver after other moves by an unbridled coach/GM to rid the team of future draft picks.
2. I can only guess the conversations with the contract extension consisted of ‘going forward we will allow you (franchise QB) some awareness of team direction.
3. Who wouldn’t believe your organization when they tell you they will do better and offer you a $159 million to further convince you?
4. No input on GM hire/coach hire (input does not mean DW picks, just doesn’t read it on Twitter).
5. Hire 65 yo, first time head coach with no coordinator experience even. Where is this $-h-i-t show playing next week?
6. BAD TASTE in DW and JJ mouths.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh yeah, on Favre,

Feb 4, 2021, 9:07 AM

I really never liked him that much. Good player, but way overhyped IMO. That was my opinion even before the crotch pics.??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why are they giving him a platform?

Feb 4, 2021, 8:52 AM

No copper fit or compression companies must be calling him anymore. Where is this rule about you lose your opinion just because you make a lot of money?! That’s one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever heard. Right a long with the communist in our country who think sports stars salaries should be divided among the population. Nope. Communism does not work anywhere. Never has never will. I digress, Sounds like Brett needs something to do. DW4 is a product of what he has seen. LeBron James has ultimate control and he should. He bought championships wherever they follow his plan. DW4 has the ability to do the same thing. Let the man shape his future and his success. If Houston wants a Lombardi trophy, give DW4 what he wants. Because, someone else will! DW4 is a generational talent. Ignore him at your own peril, Houston!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the ultimate irony in Brett even getting a platform

Feb 4, 2021, 10:24 AM

to talk about this.....had he not been an NFL QB who got paid well and got "famous" nobody would even give two poops about his opinions either.

Feb 4, 2021, 11:18 AM

Brett Favre committed the most selfish, heinous act I have ever seen on a football field. After three quarters and ten minutes of football during which Favre's offensive line committed themselves to keep Mike Strahan from breaking the sack record, and busting their ##### to do so, Favre intentionally turned the wrong way and laid down in front of his buddy Strahan to hand him the sack record. Unbelievable disrespect for his offensive line. What a slap in the face to them! Can anybody imagine Tom Brady, or Peyton Manning, or Joe Montana, or take your pick of practically any quarterback, would do such a thing? Favre stinks. He just stinks.

Re: TNET: Brett Favre on Deshaun Watson's trade request***

Feb 4, 2021, 2:08 PM

Feb 4, 2021, 2:11 PM

So says the player who wanted out of Atlanta!

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic