Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ACC football weekend game postponed due to COVID-19
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

TNET: ACC football weekend game postponed due to COVID-19

Sep 22, 2020, 2:57 PM

ACC football weekend game postponed due to COVID-19

NOTRE DAME, Indiana — A total of 94 COVID-19 tests were administered to Notre Dame Football student-athletes on Monday. Of those 94, there were seven positive t Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I surely hope they are "double tapping" the positive results

Sep 22, 2020, 3:26 PM

to ensure these aren't false positives...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I surely hope they are "double tapping" the positive results

Sep 22, 2020, 3:27 PM

Or false negatives

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What makes you say that?***

Sep 22, 2020, 9:42 PM [ in reply to I surely hope they are "double tapping" the positive results ]

Haven't seen you in a while...***

Sep 22, 2020, 3:56 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I surely hope they are "double tapping" the positive results

Sep 22, 2020, 5:11 PM [ in reply to I surely hope they are "double tapping" the positive results ]

They probably wouldn't have any positives if those guys done exactly as the were instructed to do. But you have those guys that know they're not going to play, so they decide they are going out and have their fun, and not caring if they infect the players that are playing during practice!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, 7 players out is enough to cause a postponement?

Sep 22, 2020, 4:21 PM

That number seems low to me. But then again, I do not recall seeing anywhere what the exact magic number was in any communique. Anybody know?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, 7 players out is enough to cause a postponement?

Sep 22, 2020, 4:31 PM

You are forgetting to add the players who the positive players were around. Contact tracing is much more of a problem than positive tests. A player can come back after a positive in 10 days and be test free for 90 days. A player caught up in contact tracing cannot participate in any team activities for 14 days and you cannot test out of it. It is 14 days no matter what, then you have to test negative to leave quarantine.

Depending on where the seven positives were, it could wipe out your o-line, or quarterback room, or any other position group, or at least deplete them until you have virtually nothing left to work with.

the number of hospitalizations and deaths

Sep 22, 2020, 7:18 PM [ in reply to So, 7 players out is enough to cause a postponement? ]

are concerning

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the number of hospitalizations and deaths

Sep 22, 2020, 9:16 PM

Who said anything about hospitalizations and death? Such a chicken little! Do you realize how many young people at their level of fitness have died from this? Less than the number that have died from automobile accidents. Give it a rest.

Re: the number of hospitalizations and deaths

Sep 23, 2020, 9:22 AM [ in reply to the number of hospitalizations and deaths ]

You mean like the zero hospitalizations from the 11,000 students testing positive from a survey of 14 colleges?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ACC football weekend game postponed due to COVID-19

Sep 22, 2020, 5:13 PM

Stop saying you care about the student-athlete and that their health comes first. That’s buII and you know it.

Sep 22, 2020, 5:13 PM

Stop saying you care about the student-athlete and that their health comes first. That’s buII and you know it.

Sep 22, 2020, 5:53 PM

TITLE should read Notre Dame cancels weekend game. I'm really tired of ND getting the benefit of doubt when there's no doubt they're falling short. No doubt that the game gets cancelled, but why? Anyone looking into their own standards. If you want to compete for a Natty, be responsible. That goes for us too.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Curious what this means for USF’s program.....

Sep 22, 2020, 8:31 PM

....since they played them this past weekend. I’m sure Jeff Scott and team are all being tested ahead of schedule if they weren’t already.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic