Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ACC football game postponed due to COVID-19 positive tests
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

TNET: ACC football game postponed due to COVID-19 positive tests

Sep 12, 2020, 9:31 AM

ACC football game postponed due to COVID-19 positive tests

Reigning Coastal Division champion Virginia is set to open its season at Clemson on Oct. 3 now. Virginia’s scheduled opener at Virginia Tech, scheduled for Satu Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ACC football game postponed due to COVID-19 positive tests

Sep 12, 2020, 9:41 AM

well this is off to a great start. SMDFM (shakin' my darn face mask"

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2020, 9:57 AM

My first thought on that postponement was that they hated being scheduled to open a traditional rivalry that's nearly always been the closer for both schools .
I know that's a selfish thought but that's what popped into my mind .
I'm a skeptical bastage to be sure .
Let's see if the reschedule ends up as the final game .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

The ACC Needs

Sep 12, 2020, 10:04 AM

The ACC needs to issue guidelines like the Big XII regarding postponing vs forfeiting games. It seems far to easy for teams to decide “I’ve got 2 players out let’s postpone the game”.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The ACC Needs

Sep 12, 2020, 10:10 AM

Exactly.

Isolate the infected and test the rest. Good god the fckn hysteria here is completely annoying.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Sep 12, 2020, 10:10 AM [ in reply to The ACC Needs ]

Exactly.

Isolate the infected and test the rest. Good god the fckn hysteria here is completely annoying.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Sep 12, 2020, 10:58 AM

You cannot isolate the positive and play the rest, you have to isolate the positive, isolate their contacts for 4 days with at least 2 negative tests they can practice after 4 days. Those who are positive will continue to isolate for at least 14 days and 2 negative tests. Anyone that was in contact with the positive players may develop the virus and start spreading the virus today! That could possibly take out both teams for 2 or more weeks. They are doing the right thing.
Virginia has no positive tests! Virginia is likely busting their A$$es to maintain a virus free environment and you want them to take the field with a team that is taking the virus as little concern as you do.
People who do not take COVID 19 are the problem, they think they have rights and they do, but their rights do not include the right to spread a disease that kills people and has residual heart effects in 15% of young people including those who had no symptoms!
Be Safe! Wear a mask! Wash your hands! Maintain social distance! Practice your freedoms in a field or woodlands away from people who you might infect or be infected by. We could stop the spread if people would love their neighbors and our Tigers enough to protect themselves and whoever they are around!

Sep 12, 2020, 11:27 AM

Make no mistake UVa and Vatech are under the watchful eye of one of dumbest governors in our country. You are fooling yourself to not think that if this were Georgia and Georgia tech they would played without the players with a positive. To each his own spot the #### ball!!

Sep 12, 2020, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: The ACC Needs ]

If the CDC had been completely honest, from the beginning, and people had been told they needed to wear a mask that filters the virus, this would have stopped. Surgical masks, neckgaiters and the homemade cloth jobs dont protect you. If you can't get it, you can't spread it
Furthermore, if you or anyone else were wearing the correct mask, it wouldnt matter to you if others werent wearing one

I think I agree with that, but I also believe its important

Sep 12, 2020, 10:43 AM [ in reply to The ACC Needs ]

to not look overly harsh. I haven't seen the big 12 guidelines, I need to go read them.

Sep 12, 2020, 1:23 PM [ in reply to The ACC Needs ]

Exactly. A team should be expected to show up and play and if they can't they forfeit. No do overall. Maybe that would convince the players to not go out whoring around at night. And, honestly, a team only really needs maybe 50 players to play. They may get their butt kicked but that's on them, once again,for not following safety protocols. Shouldn't be allowed to mess up the other teams season.

That's definitely not a good sign for the rest of the season***

Sep 12, 2020, 10:40 AM

Re: That's definitely not a good sign for the rest of the season***

Sep 12, 2020, 11:03 AM

The main goal of this season is not to lose a player nor a coach from COVID 19! We have a treasure at OLine coach, I do not want to lose him or any other coach. I want to see TL playing in the NFL along with many others, we need to keep them safe from this disease, whatever it takes, even if some games are not played! I want to see every game, but I do not want them to take massive risks with their future, I plan on watching some of them play for another 20 years! I want to watch Dabo and V coach for another 30 years.

Dump VT

Sep 12, 2020, 10:47 AM

What a worthless addition to the ACC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Add Miami to the list.***

Sep 12, 2020, 1:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2020, 11:01 AM

First of many games cancelled. MLB cancelled, NBA cancelled so there should be no surprise that college games will be cancelled also. Never been a year like this one.

Sep 12, 2020, 11:06 AM

If we cannot convince people to wear masks and maintain social distance and hand sanitize, this could be worse next year! 6 months in 190,000 dead and 6 million infected and the infection rate is still too high.

Sep 12, 2020, 11:44 AM

In ALL respect sir. If we’re looking at the science, then basically the only people TRULY affected are the older population and people with other diseases. Let’s bring it down a notch, and give the guys some space to work.

Sep 12, 2020, 3:03 PM

There was that one guy that died that wasn’t old, so all of us could die from this. All Of Us. If you aren’t constantly terrified then something is wrong.

Our players that had Covid this summer probably have the mysterious heart inflammation that they say young people with little to no symptoms get and will probably just drop dead at some point. This thing is bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 12, 2020, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC football game postponed due to COVID-19 positive tests ]

In ALL respect sir. If we’re looking at the science, then basically the only people TRULY affected are the older population and people with other diseases. Let’s bring it down a notch, and give the guys some space to work.

Sleep with political dogs on social justice and you also get

Sep 12, 2020, 12:11 PM

the political fleas that is the ChiCom Flu.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic