Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ACC announces capacity limit for Clemson-Notre Dame championship game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

TNET: ACC announces capacity limit for Clemson-Notre Dame championship game

Dec 9, 2020, 10:09 AM

ACC announces capacity limit for Clemson-Notre Dame championship game

GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) – Based on current North Carolina state and local regulations, capacity for the 2020 Atlantic Coast Conference Football Championsh Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ACC announces capacity limit for Clemson-Notre Dame championship game

Dec 9, 2020, 10:11 AM

another brilliant move by swoffie.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup. Bathroom protest: move game. Almost no fans: so what

Dec 9, 2020, 10:13 AM

What a scheister.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This wasn't his call/fault***

Dec 9, 2020, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC announces capacity limit for Clemson-Notre Dame championship game ]

Re: This wasn't his call/fault***

Dec 9, 2020, 10:22 AM

Agree blame the governor.

Absolutely his fault for not moving the game out of NC.

Dec 9, 2020, 12:16 PM [ in reply to This wasn't his call/fault*** ]

He’s done it before.

We’ve known for months what was coming.

Dec 9, 2020, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC announces capacity limit for Clemson-Notre Dame championship game ]

How does Swofford get the blame for state and local regulations ??

Dec 9, 2020, 10:36 AM

Because he's easy to blame I guess? It seems some people are blaming him for not moving the game somewhere else. I'm not fully sure how these type of things work, but I'm assuming that the ACC doesn't get to play at Bank of American Stadium for free. I'd also assume that whatever cost they pay to play the game there wouldn't be refunded to them if they decided to move the game somewhere else. I'd also guess that wherever they'd move the game to instead would also not be free, and would potentially cost more than the revenue of being able to sell an additional 10,000 or however many tickets.

Dec 9, 2020, 6:33 PM

I guess they could do like they did when fake women was demanding to use the the real women's Restrooms.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s not about the money.

Dec 10, 2020, 6:56 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC announces capacity limit for Clemson-Notre Dame championship game ]

College athletics administrators preach all the time about “the student-athlete experience”. That’s what it’s all about, and that’s why they chose their profession, etc.

Do you think these student-athletes, who earned their way to a championship game, want to play it in a near-empty stadium? No way.
So what kind of “student-athlete experience” is being provided to these champions. It sucks.

Also, I guarantee a ton of revenue was lost when they moved the game in 2016. The upper decks were empty. They had to give away tickets to Disney employees.
So...was it about the balance sheet then?

Dec 9, 2020, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC announces capacity limit for Clemson-Notre Dame championship game ]

He pulled the game from Charlotte because male weirdos wanted to pee pee in the little girls room. What's the F'n difference?

To make that decision even worse is the fact I've never seen a transformer at a football game.

Message was edited by: bowlhunter®

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Dec 9, 2020, 11:33 AM

What an absolute waste of flesh you are.

Dec 9, 2020, 12:22 PM

Phan, what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Phan, if I thought you weren't my friend, I just don't think I could bear it.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Dec 9, 2020, 12:40 PM

Liberals are just so full of love.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 9, 2020, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC announces capacity limit for Clemson-Notre Dame championship game ]

Hunter,

You are quite the jerk, but I will acknowledge the Tombstone reference.

Dec 9, 2020, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC announces capacity limit for Clemson-Notre Dame championship game ]

Hey, did you really mean "bare," or did you mean "bear?"

Dec 9, 2020, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC announces capacity limit for Clemson-Notre Dame championship game ]

Why is he a waste of flesh? For speaking the truth? ??

Dec 9, 2020, 12:43 PM

For not being in total obedience to The Party doctrine.
Any diversity of opinion must be destroyed.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I guess Phan approves of pedos in NC bathrooms with

Dec 9, 2020, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC announces capacity limit for Clemson-Notre Dame championship game ]

our daughters.

It's pronounced "L Heff A" and it means "The Boss".

Dec 9, 2020, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC announces capacity limit for Clemson-Notre Dame championship game ]

Bigot

Dec 9, 2020, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC announces capacity limit for Clemson-Notre Dame championship game ]

He could have moved it to SC, GA, FL,etc. And didn't even though we all saw this coming. He screwed the pooch, no one else could make the call. It, therefore, is on John Swofford.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 12:50 PM

And how much would it cost to move the game to one of those places? I'm sure they'd have to pay the stadium owners something to play the game there, and it isn't like any of those places would allow maximum capacity either. Clemson allowed how many fans this season, about 19,000? Would the additional revenue of another 10,000-12,000 tickets offset the cost of moving the game somewhere else?

Dec 9, 2020, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC announces capacity limit for Clemson-Notre Dame championship game ]

Because people are stupid.

Dec 9, 2020, 6:12 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC announces capacity limit for Clemson-Notre Dame championship game ]

He could have had the game moved to another stadium, that's how. Will Muschamp couldn't have been a worse ACC commissioner than swofford on his worst day!!!

Swofford also to blame for nation-wide voter fraud.***

Dec 9, 2020, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC announces capacity limit for Clemson-Notre Dame championship game ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC announces capacity limit for Clemson-Notre Dame championship game ]

The intelligence of some of the posters on this site is just sad but I enjoy laughing at how childish they are.

Dec 9, 2020, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC announces capacity limit for Clemson-Notre Dame championship game ]

You guys (some of you) are nuts but at least you make me laugh. As a few of you did point out, however, the ACC Comish has absolutely nothing to do with how many fans attend. NC was 8th today in the US in new cases (ca 6500 new) and is 12th in total cases (ca 410,000). Just be glad, as of now, we hope to be able to play the game at all and if NC and just about every state doesn't take better precautions the plug may be pulled entirely. We can't win if they won't let us play so do your part to keep others safe.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 10:19 AM

Shocked any fans can attend and that he hasnt moved it to South Bend

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 10:33 AM

And allow fans to storm the field.

Dec 9, 2020, 10:50 AM

So we need to find the 2500 loudest Tiger fans. I’m definitely in!

Dec 9, 2020, 12:17 PM

Loud fans?! How about cloning “Big Dave” and they get most of the tickets!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 9:39 PM

That would help improve our OL.

It is going to get better here in NC fast

Dec 9, 2020, 10:57 AM

Gov has instituted a policy 10pm-5am so with this being a nocturnal virus the numbers will start improving by Sunday since nobody will be out.

Smart virus this one is. Only gets to people after 10pm. Just my luck I will get the stupid strain at 915pm going to store

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep...corona runs rampant during that time. Should see a

Dec 9, 2020, 11:39 AM

huge reduction in the number of positive cases immediately.

BTW....I wish this thing (Covi19) will just go away!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep...corona runs rampant during that time. Should see a

Dec 9, 2020, 1:57 PM

Yeah like the idiots that said as soon as the election was over COVID would go away. Some people live in their own minds.

Not the election, the inauguration. Once Biden is in office

Dec 9, 2020, 3:13 PM

THEN we will hear how rapidly it went away under Biden's leadership.....
Liberal media is in lockstep with the Democratic Party.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

That is one stupid requirement.

Dec 9, 2020, 12:40 PM [ in reply to It is going to get better here in NC fast ]

Gubner wins the Facepalm Award.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Maybe one of the PnR morons can explain the reasoning

Dec 9, 2020, 5:23 PM

behind this. They seem to have an answer not matter how stupid the regulation is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want to meet the voter that voted for Tillis and Cooper

Dec 10, 2020, 6:04 AM [ in reply to It is going to get better here in NC fast ]

Or. Trump and Cooper. How Cooper got re-elected is beyond comprehension

Message was edited by: tigertrain®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 11:37 AM

All joking aside, I really don't know why the dumbo didn't try to get the gator Bowl knowing it was December no matter who played. Desantis would have gladly let the capacity go up... Maybe 50%. Then whoever wanted to go, get a ticket. If pres trump can have 25k in GA, why not. Just like the rallies, people choose to go. Not like ppl won't have watch parties or bars.... Which is actually worse. Not that complicated really.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 12:01 PM

You make too much sense. We cannot have that any more in this country. What? No one is forcing anyone to go and be there? Who knew? ?? When did freedom take a backseat to fear and authoritarianism in America?

Also keep in mind, their Dumb@$$ Governor just implemented a

Dec 9, 2020, 12:50 PM

10 PM curfew. So for all you folks going, you better plan on getting your crap and getting out of the state as quick as possible after the game.

When the hammer and sickle decries their commands you will listen!

Welcome to NC

Dec 9, 2020, 12:57 PM

Comrade Cooper will be obeyed!

Re: Welcome to NC

Dec 9, 2020, 1:30 PM

Cooper is another politician that I believe didn't really win his election. He's as crooked as they come and would do anything to win. They tried to give that state to Biden, this down ballot voting has been really weird in these battleground states. Biden received like almost 2 million less votes than Cooper. So the Republican won the Presidential and Senate race in North Carolina. the Republicans won 8 of the 13 seats up for grabs in North Carolina but Cooper is so popular in North Carolina that he defied all the election day trends to not only beat his Republican challenger but he would have beat President Trump in North Carolina by almost 1 million votes even though Republicans won the 2 races you'd had to vote for before getting to the Gubernatorial race. So yeah if it walks like a duck and quack likes a duck it dang sure isn't a donkey. There, that's my political take for the day on a non-political message board. Sorry but if we don't get to the bottom of all these anomalies no one will ever trust an election and the Colonist went to war with Britain over a microscopic tax hike. People need to start getting uncomfortable or an ACC Championship game will be the last thing we'll have to worry about if these Far left Commies take our country over.

Something stinks for sure

Dec 10, 2020, 7:22 AM

How did Cooper, Trump and Tillis win? How did Cooper get more votes than Biden or Trump. Rotten

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their curb will flatten faster that way, smart Gov.***

Dec 9, 2020, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Also keep in mind, their Dumb@$$ Governor just implemented a ]

I guess everyone will have to leave around halftime

Dec 9, 2020, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Also keep in mind, their Dumb@$$ Governor just implemented a ]

to get home or to the hotel before 10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I guess everyone will have to leave around halftime

Dec 9, 2020, 7:05 PM

That’s why they changed the game time from 8 to 4. Ha ha. It’s all a joke.

Dec 9, 2020, 1:54 PM

Thank goodness. Maybe now people will stop trashing Swofford. As far as tickets, I hope nobody loses any money ACCCG, Bowl game or Playoff tickets but honestly in this COVID disaster season, they were a bought on a hope and a prayer.

Total Garbage

Dec 9, 2020, 2:40 PM

Many of us had tickets that we bought in October under the current NC Covid Rules. The ACC took those tickets back today citing Covid as the reason even though the capacity of the stadium hasn’t changed during this time. Very unfair and frustrating.

Dec 9, 2020, 2:57 PM

Being that this game will be more of home game for Clemson in distance than it is for the leprechauns, and hopefully there will be more of the Orange Clad fans cheering for our Tigers over the squeaky voices of the leprechauns, Go Tigers, whip the the rainbow chasing team/crowd into submission!!!!!!

Dec 9, 2020, 4:03 PM

I live in Charlotte and can firmly say that Roy Cooper SUCKS

Dec 9, 2020, 6:09 PM

I am wondering why they even allowed any fans in the ACC championship game with only 5,240 fans in that big of a stadium. You could barely tell there were any fans in there with that small of a number!!!

If one of them NC schools were playing I bet more fans..SMH

Dec 9, 2020, 11:11 PM

Just a thought.

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic