Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Travis Etienne says he is "forever grateful" for his senior season at Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

TNET: Travis Etienne says he is "forever grateful" for his senior season at Clemson

Dec 15, 2020, 4:26 PM

Travis Etienne says he is "forever grateful" for his senior season at Clemson

Some people might look at the numbers and say that Travis Etienne made the wrong decision when he decided to return to Clemson for his senior season, but as the Louisiana native prepares for what might the final two or three games of his collegiate career, he wants everyone to know he made the right call. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Travis Etienne says he is "forever grateful" for his senior season at Clemson

Dec 15, 2020, 4:43 PM

Great article. Travis is one of the things that is right about college football.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm forever grateful for your senior season too, Travis.

Dec 15, 2020, 5:43 PM

Thank you for your contributions to our success.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: TNET: Travis Etienne says he is "forever grateful" for his senior season at Clemson

Dec 15, 2020, 5:45 PM

So Thankful for ETN. Perhaps the best player to ever wear the Clemson Uniform

Dec 15, 2020, 5:57 PM

Before the season, assuming it was played, I figured he’d get about 1000 rushing and 700 yds receiving. Even with knee injury (he hasn’t looked as explosive since) and a canceled game he just might reach those stats.

I've been a Clemson fan my entire 64 years...

Dec 15, 2020, 6:16 PM

I came home from the hospital wearing a little purple hat with an orange C. ETN was a hit with me the first time I saw him in pre-season film. I've got so many "favorite" players but he's my favorite favorite. (No disrespect meant to my many other favorite Tigers.)

He had my attention and admiration . . .

Dec 15, 2020, 9:36 PM

since I saw him in his Metallica T-Shirt!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've been a Clemson fan my entire 64 years...

Dec 16, 2020, 6:14 PM [ in reply to I've been a Clemson fan my entire 64 years... ]

Everybody is entitled to having their favorite favorite player, and mine has been CJ Spiller. If I ever have another that takes CJ from my Favorite Favorite as #1 on my list, I will have to spend money to take CJ's number 28 off my favorite favorite scooter ;)!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2020, 6:25 PM

Homer Jordan(yeah, I am old) was my favorite player "all time" prior to Travis Etienne suiting up for the Tigers! Homer is now #2 followed by CJ Spiller!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2020, 8:02 PM

Yes and Homer was a NC QB!!! I'm 68, but I never knew a thing about FB before I was 10, and Clemson and the coots was the first FB game that I had ever seen on November, 24th 1962, and that is when I chose our Tigers to be my FB team...

My dad was a fanatic baseball fan, and my brother and I had everything that a kid needed for playing baseball!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2020, 6:16 PM

Clemson fans will never forget you young man and we
will always love you and thank-you of the many
memories that you have given us. We wish you much
success in your future but now you and Trevor and
the team have some more work to do.Go get-um.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2020, 6:35 PM

Little unfair comparing his current stats this year to last year. Last year was 15 games. So far only 10 this year. If we get 3 more games he could come very close to the number of carries and TDs he had last year in 2 fewer games. His yards and average per carry probably won’t get there this year but if you factor in his receptions his all purpose yards are probably right there.

Travis has been a pleasure to watch for the last 4 years. Prime example of the type of person and player that fits well in Dabo’s program. Extremely humble for such a gifted athlete. Great person from a great family. I had the pleasure of having a short conversation with his younger brother a couple of years ago in the stands at DV and I hope he comes to Clemson as well.

Reminds me a lot of another great Clemson running back and I hope he stays as connected to Clemson as CJ has.

Rare Human Being Folks!

Dec 15, 2020, 6:45 PM

IN short, I feel truly blessed to have been able to see the "legend" of Travis Etienne unfold over the last 4 years.
The biggest thing about him is - his humble demeanor! The phrase, "Travis being Travis" by nutritionist, grad assistants, training staff, teammates, coaches, etc. tells a story of "consistent good human being qualities"!
We know what he can do on the football field; but what a person! Coming back was great for him because in the world of the NFL - "YOU WANT GUARANTEED MONEY"! Now that he has a 1st round grade as a RB - he will likely get a bigger amount of guaranteed money. The only money you can truly count on in the NFL. And as a RB, more than other positions, that's important! He benefitted and Clemson benefitted.

If some unforeseen injury were to happen and he doesn't reach the incentive part of his contract: "he has the guaranteed money and he would have his degree from Clemson University"!

But, the way Alvin Kamara has been lighting up defenses and giving the Saints a bonified RB slash WR option to create mismatches - TE9 will go super early! OC's around the league are looking for the next Kareem Hunt or Alvin Kamara!

Thank You Travis for the memories! Been fun!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rare Human Being Folks!

Dec 16, 2020, 12:44 AM

With that being said, and if he did get injured early, he would have enough cash to get him going into a good future without sports, or even maybe in sports as a staff member somewhere, and hopefully that could be at Clemson bc, student athletes could gain a lot from ETN with just living life. He has been a perfect example of what is meant by a Clemson man!!!

Dec 15, 2020, 7:12 PM

Thanks Travis it’s been a great time watching you and the rest of the guys. Best to you!!!

Dec 16, 2020, 9:43 PM

DITTO!! ETN is, and will always be, a CLEM LEGEND!! Think his number should be up there with the Legends of retired jerseys! GO TIGERS!

Dec 15, 2020, 7:12 PM

Thanks Travis it’s been a great time watching you and the rest of the guys. Best to you!!!

Dec 15, 2020, 7:13 PM

Some people might look at the numbers and say that Travis Etienne made the wrong decision when he decided to return to Clemson for his senior season, but as the Louisiana native prepares for what might the final two or three games of his collegiate career, he wants everyone to know he made the right call. Full Story »

I’m a HUGE ETN fan, but

Dec 15, 2020, 8:12 PM

even I think you might have gone a little overboard. ;)

Dec 15, 2020, 8:17 PM

ETN has accomplished exactly what he came back for his senior season to accomplish, and that was to prove to the NFL Scouts, owners, and coaches that he was a dual threat from the back field as in running the ball, and becoming a solid receiver out of the back field, and beyond any doubts, he has prove that he is a very solid dual threat RB with the speed that can allow him to score from anywhere on the field!!!!

I wish that young man the very best of what life can offer a person that has worked as hard as he has to become a professional FB player. He can leave proud of his college career accomplishments, but his records will remain at Clemson, and the ACC for our next great RB to try and break. That won"t ever be an easy task regardless of how great they believe they are!!! Only very hard work from our next great RB will get him close to the records that ETN will leave behind!!!

Dec 16, 2020, 6:21 PM

So proud of you young man - you're sitting on 1300 total yards with at least two more games to play and what you have given far exceeds the simple measure of yards gained. Can't wait to watch you in THREE more games and at the next level. Thank you for being a Tiger!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic