Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: The Clemson Raiders: Oakland GM says Clemson players have "phenomenal character"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

TNET: The Clemson Raiders: Oakland GM says Clemson players have "phenomenal character"

Apr 30, 2019, 1:01 PM

The Clemson Raiders: Oakland GM says Clemson players have "phenomenal character"

At Clemson, players like C.J. Spiller and Tajh Boyd set the foundation for Clemson’s current success – five consecutive ACC Championships, four consecutive College Football Playoff appearances, and two national championships. Photo by Kirby Lee / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Panthers disagree.***

Apr 30, 2019, 1:07 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Panthers disagree.***

Apr 30, 2019, 1:41 PM

Thank God!!

Apr 30, 2019, 5:42 PM

Ditto that!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Scam Newton Panthers don't care about character.***

Apr 30, 2019, 2:32 PM [ in reply to The Panthers disagree.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 30, 2019, 5:06 PM [ in reply to The Panthers disagree.*** ]

Yep, the Panthers like those that steal from there own, and throw it out the window bc they are about to get caught with it, and then Lie like h&11 about it even after they they have been busted, That's the character of the person they have for a QB. His Dad is a high character person also, he will break the rules by sending his own kid to the school that bids the highest for his kid talent!!! And he wouldn't even buy his kid that he auctioned off a laptop, so he stole himself one!!! Those type of players or their parents aren't found at Clemson bc our HC actually cares about how he wins!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2019, 2:30 AM

Jeez some of you guys really love to hate Newton. Yall act as if y’all havent made mistakes at a young age. I know I have but that doesn’t define me today or mean I’m a low character individual. The Cam Newton I’ve seen since he’s been on the Panthers gives every touchdown ball to young kids in the stands(also encourages his teammates to do the same), he’s constantly doing something for the community and make a wish foundation. Did y’all hate on Sammy Watkins when he was arrested for simple possession of marijuana? I’m sure y’all forgave him as it was a mistake. I could understand if Newton would have kept making these mistakes after he matured but he’s been nothing but a positive force in the Charlotte community. As for the pay to play those were allegations from Mississippi state boosters that were obviously upset Newton didn’t come there. The NCAA found no reason to punish Newton or Auburn in the pay to play allegations. That’s like saying Clemson is guilty of something similar cause of what the assistant basketball coach said last week so let that seek in(it makes you seem like hypocrites). I’m glad nobody has ever judged me by mistakes i made 10 years ago or for my dads mistakes cause that’d be a pretty miserable existence.
When it comes to the Panthers not seeing something in Ferrell, that was never said and actually most news I heard was that’s who they were aiming to get. Panthers can’t help Ferrell went way ahead of his projected pick at 4 when the Panthers weren’t on the board till 16!

Loved Mayock when he was on NFL Network

Apr 30, 2019, 1:08 PM

Really smart guy who gets it. Hope it works out for him in Oakland.

This brief message from the GM says it all

Apr 30, 2019, 9:28 PM

Dabo and his staff are much morethan coaches to these young men who play for the Tigers .

Re: TNET: The Clemson Raiders: Oakland GM says Clemson players have "phenomenal character"

Apr 30, 2019, 1:09 PM

EXCELLENT article...im a big mayock fan

Re: TNET: The Clemson Raiders: Oakland GM says Clemson players have "phenomenal character"

Apr 30, 2019, 2:16 PM

The only issue I see here. Is Gruden is a ######. And clearly isn’t Dabo, you need everyone pulling in the right direction for things to change.
The NFL game is a bigger deal than college. People are not getting paid. When AB starts his antics he will still play.
Should this type of crap happen at Clemson Dabo will sit you, or suspend you.

Apr 30, 2019, 1:19 PM

40th pick in the third round, huh? Must be that new math.

A Clemson man needs no introduction***

Apr 30, 2019, 1:20 PM

Indeed!***

May 1, 2019, 9:55 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are they still the Oakland Raiders? I thought they moved to

Apr 30, 2019, 1:33 PM

Las Vegas.

YES - 2020 game season - otherwise known as CLEMSON VEGAS

Apr 30, 2019, 3:21 PM

Boom !!!!

null

Re: Are they still the Oakland Raiders? I thought they moved to

Apr 30, 2019, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Are they still the Oakland Raiders? I thought they moved to ]

https://www.raiders.com/lasvegas/live-stadium-camera

Look I know the conference is down

Apr 30, 2019, 1:34 PM

but we're already counting the 2019 ACC Championship? Because that's the only way we'd currently have 5 consecutive.

Re: Look I know the conference is down

May 1, 2019, 9:37 PM

Good catch! :)

Apr 30, 2019, 1:35 PM

I'm curious about the we are looking for character guys and then they go and get Antonio Brown.. Let's see how next year goes.

Apr 30, 2019, 1:51 PM

AND Burfict...and he and AB hate each other. I don't think AB ever got over that time Burfict tried to murder him in the wildcard game.

Maybe with 4-5 Tigers the Raiders will break even in the character department...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8iFSP_S5h8

Nice story / Interview

Apr 30, 2019, 1:41 PM

Makes me even more of a Raiders fan now hearing this guy talk....

One Word - JESUS

Apr 30, 2019, 1:49 PM

Don't have to believe me, just ask them, they'll tell you the same.

Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is it 5 Acc titles? 4 I thought. Have I forgotten one?***

Apr 30, 2019, 1:57 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4 consecutive. Dabo has 5 total with 2011 also.***

Apr 30, 2019, 2:26 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 30, 2019, 2:31 PM

I've never been a fan of the Raiders, and traditionally their values would be the direct opposite of those at Clemson.

However, with these 3 picks, all guys I've loved watching for the last few years, I'm going to have to re-evaluate my views on the Raiders, and start pulling for them.

Apr 30, 2019, 3:13 PM

That's the point. They are bringing in these high character guys to help change that tradition.

Maybe they also realize that being located in Vegas

Apr 30, 2019, 3:37 PM

means they are going to have to try even harder than most teams to not let "boys be boys".

May 1, 2019, 9:52 AM

Isn’t it 4 consecutive ACC Champs 15’, 16’, 17’, & 18’?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic