Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney says Big Ten deserves a spot in the Playoff with October start
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney says Big Ten deserves a spot in the Playoff with October start

Sep 16, 2020, 7:06 PM

Swinney says Big Ten deserves a spot in the Playoff with October start

The Clemson football practiced indoors for most of Wednesday’s practice, and head coach Dabo Swinney met with the media to go over a few final details before this weekend.
(Photo: Matthew Emmons / USATODAY)
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney says Big Ten deserves a spot in the Playoff with October start

Sep 16, 2020, 7:28 PM

Dabo, I disagree. Totally unfair to allow 8 game season to qualify.

Re: TNET: Swinney says Big Ten deserves a spot in the Playoff with October start

Sep 16, 2020, 7:51 PM

Dabo, I disagree. Totally unfair to allow 8 game season to qualify.

Ditto.

What if Clemson, Alabama, etc only end up getting

Sep 16, 2020, 7:55 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney says Big Ten deserves a spot in the Playoff with October start ]

10 games in and Ohio State is 9-0? We really have no idea how this thing is going to play out. There could be canceled games all across CFB.

Sep 16, 2020, 7:55 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney says Big Ten deserves a spot in the Playoff with October start ]

I was hoping both B1G and PAC would fall flat on their faces by holding out. Now I hear PAC may have a plan to play also.

Also, SEC missed the boat by not allowing the +1 on their schedule. I don’t think that subject gets enough attention in the sports media.

Sep 16, 2020, 9:19 PM

I agree wholeheartedly rivercat. Tigers should be coot whuppin this Saturday!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2020, 10:42 PM

A mid year Christmas gift for that bunch in Columbia that I’ll always remember. Sorta like playing all games in Columbia for the first 50 ( whatever) years.

Will the 0 - 3 versus SBC keep the Big 12 champion out

Sep 16, 2020, 10:53 PM

The margin for error is very slim. The Big 12 took not one, not two but 3 big losses to SBC teams. And, BTW, teams not named App State who nobody would bat an eye at.

The Big 10 won't play OOC opponents right? They may very well have an undefeated champion or even a 1 loss champion get in with fewer games - if the Big 12 "overall conference strength" is looked at as subpar.

Not saying it will happen - but those 3 losses can't help their(Big12) chances any. Texas and Oklahoma would have to look powerful enough to look past those losses. As stated - who knows how many games actually get played at this point. If there are cancellations - the Big 10 would be able to at least say they didn't get swept over a weekend by 3 SBC teams.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with Dabo. The way I see it, nine conference games in nine

Sep 16, 2020, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney says Big Ten deserves a spot in the Playoff with October start ]

straight weeks...if you go undefeated you deserve a place in the CFP. they get no cupcakes, no byes, and no rest before the post season. That’s plenty of challenge. Now, a one loss team that plays 11 or 12 games should get consideration over an undefeated 9-0 team, but aside from that, I’m fine with this.

null

I agree with Dabo..

Sep 17, 2020, 11:44 AM

Agreed. If a team plays 9 straight conference games with no break and goes undefeated... that is a heck of an accomplishment.

Way too many variables out there right now. Heck... OSU could end up playing more games than Clemson does. It will be a fluid season, and as usual... everything will work itself out.

Sep 16, 2020, 11:23 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney says Big Ten deserves a spot in the Playoff with October start ]

You're prob a great guy but I side with Dabo .

I Don't Know If I agree; but oh well|!

Sep 16, 2020, 9:21 PM

Ohio State much like a few of the SEC schools recruits really well. So, they will bounce back from their losses.
I don't think they will have enough challenge for any new starters to really challenge a Clemson or a Bama with players just as talented as their guys but with more experience.
So, bring them on.

It could be tough going if there are team that shut down and weird. But, we shall see.

Sep 16, 2020, 9:24 PM

Someone should tweet this to Zach Smith.

Sep 16, 2020, 9:30 PM

What if their league champion has multiple losses and their conference standings look how the ACC Coastal usually does?

Sep 16, 2020, 10:24 PM

Then they obviously would not get in - no guarantee any conf champ will get in. We have seen that already so its not a matter for discussion. The question as noted above is what does the committee do with say a 9-0 Ohio State and an 11-1 Notre Dame, just for the sake of argument. Same story as every year, just a different number of total games - perhaps for everyone involved the way cancellations have started and figure to increase as the season wears on. It will be up to the committee to pick who they think the best 4 are and for us to argue about it all year! Now we have a season!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree.

Sep 16, 2020, 10:47 PM

I'd rather see four conference champs than see a conference champ being left out in favor of a team which couldn't win its conference. Until we get that early season games won't count. That's too much like pro sports for me. If you can't play every down in every game you don't belong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2020, 11:38 PM

Seldom do I disagree with anything Dabo says but what happens if an 8-0 Ohio State gets in over a 9-1 Clemson.Sorry the Big 10 should have to play 10 games,along with every other conference.

I stumbled across another version of this story

Sep 17, 2020, 8:53 AM

The Buck eyes are completely consumed with hating Dabo. They do not understand we all see that it is all because they cannot beat him!

Sep 17, 2020, 12:11 PM

Personally, I don't want to hear any excuses if we win a National Championship. If the Big 10 was excluded then all we would hear would be how our title deserves an asterisk. I'm not afraid of anyone in the Big 10 and I don't think Dabo is either. To be the best you have to beat the best so bring them on!

I don't think you can really make a call on this until

Sep 17, 2020, 12:22 PM

we get closer the end of the season and see how many games everyone is getting in. Almost anything is still possible at this point. Clemson might finish this season 8-1/9-0 instead of 11-1/12-0. Or if everything goes to sh*t CFB season could get canceled outright. Or maybe they things go well and the majority of the games actually get played. Almost anything is still possible at this point.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic