Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney delivers poignant message on perfect vision for battling injustice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney delivers poignant message on perfect vision for battling injustice

Jun 14, 2020, 9:53 AM

Swinney delivers poignant message on perfect vision for battling injustice

Head coach Dabo Swinney stepped to the podium Saturday evening on Bowman Field and said that entire world has been put on pause in 2020 in order to have perfect vision in battling racial inequality. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney delivers poignant message on perfect vision for battling injustice

Jun 14, 2020, 10:03 AM

Maybe I'm blind to alot of this ... But Dabo can humble you in a hurry

2 SIDES: BLM or LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIERS... CHOOSE!

Jun 15, 2020, 12:23 AM

THOSE WHO SIDE WITH BLM are siding against LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIERS! WHY must we be forced to side against the police force by rehashing the FEW cases of brutality on their part in order to appease the BLM and those swept up with it? The police has moved quickly to bring those injustices to court. SO WHY ARE WE CONTINUING TO PERSECUTE THEM? I and many others DO NOT feel that our country is systematic racist... the data just does not support that!
And I feel everyone including the Coach bought into taking sides against the police by his comments. If the police would decide to turn their backs on us as we have done to them... it would serve us right!

Re: 2 SIDES: BLM or LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIERS... CHOOSE!

Jun 15, 2020, 1:17 PM

BS.... no one but you has asked me to choose sides. I stand with Truth and with Justice, I will not choose sides, if the rioters were throwing rocks at the police I would gladly stand in front of the police and if the police or national guard or secret service or our military starts shooting at peaceful protesters I will gladly go stand in front of the protesters.

How many deaths will it take till we know that too many people have died?

I do not know where you live nor how you are not aware of what has been systematic in our country since I was a child, police killing unarmed black men and not being prosecuted. I am 66 now and I remember my dad telling me of a policeman in a neighboring town that had shot several black men "attempting to escape". "To Kill a Mockingbird" is a great novel, and a great movie. If you have not seen it nor read it you should.

Jun 15, 2020, 2:33 PM

Your comments HAD validity 30+ years ago. Spend a little time and get the true facts about police shootings... in 2019, of the 9 unarmed black people killed by police only 2 of them did not involve an attack on the police. Those cases were prosecuted.
You along with others have accepted a false narrative based on EMOTIONS rather than FACTS. Whites are more likely to be shot by police based on per-capital than blacks. Open your mind as well as your heart and learn the truth... not the BS you are spouting! Blacks are 19 times more likely to be killed by another black than by a white. WHY aren't these facts better known???
You are too old to be so under-educated.

Jun 15, 2020, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: 2 SIDES: BLM or LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIERS... CHOOSE! ]

PS... When you accept the BLM talking points, WHO do you think they are attacking... they are undermining and demoralizing YOUR local protectors. Yes, improvements are always called for, but from where I stand, the police are policing themselves to a great degree.

Jun 15, 2020, 10:36 PM

I guess y'all know that all of this is going to open up our team to taking a knee before our Flag during pregame activities in Death Valley. How about the cheerleaders and the band? Football games just ain't going to be the same.....

Re: TNET: Swinney delivers poignant message on perfect vision for battling injustice

Jun 14, 2020, 10:18 AM

:)

Dabo for President 2020***

Jun 14, 2020, 11:13 AM

Re: Dabo for President 2020

Jun 14, 2020, 11:23 AM

I wouldnt wish that job on anyone. Least of all Dabo

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo for President 2020***

Jun 14, 2020, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Dabo for President 2020*** ]

Dabo definitely has my vote! Was already planning to write him in. But his heartfelt speech just confirmed it. He is the type of person we need to lead our country into the next decade.

What a powerful demonstration! I am beyond impressed, but not surprised, by the Clemson family's response to these hard times. I am also thankful for the "Fantastic Four" for organizing this event and sharing their thoughts and feelings so that we can learn. I hope Darien is correct that this will only be the first steps in bringing our country together. I hope that future generations that attend our incredible university will be able to hold their heads high and be proud of it in all aspects. Changing names on buildings is easy - we must all change our hearts and do the right things and take the more difficult path over sweeping it under the rug and pretending it doesn't exist when it obviously does. Thank you Clemson family for making me even more proud to be a TIGER!

Jun 14, 2020, 11:19 AM

Dabo..... letting the light that is in him shine brighter than the light that is on him.... expounding and exhibiting the fruit of the Spirit.... Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-control.... Gal 5:22-23.... Soli Deo Gloria!

Most On Point message I have heard from any football coach, college or Pro!!

Jun 14, 2020, 11:37 AM

Dabo is a tremendous man of love, faith & care. He is an absolute unifier & his players can learn to become great men under this program!! Dabo has listened to his players, students & minorities as much as anyone over the past month and is helping them take positive action towards positive change at Clemson & surrounding communities!! If only our politicians would follow his lead!! We are fortunate to have Dabo as a coach, as a leader who listens & takes action, and as a visionary at Clemson!! With him & other leaders at Clemson, like Jeff Davis, Woody McCorvey & Jim Clements, Clemson will lead colleges and Universities throughout the US on how to make positive change for the love of all students, races, religions & nationalities!!

Jun 14, 2020, 3:20 PM

3 things:
- lives matter equally
- it takes everyone
- change starts from the inside

Tells me Dabo has NOT caved to political correctness! Smart words, good words. A very intelligent man.

Jun 14, 2020, 5:01 PM

It’s simple really. John 15-18

Jun 14, 2020, 4:54 PM

Since Rencher mentioned being broke and poor in his remarks, give Sharpe a day or two to pull out the Dabo remarks on paying players. He will mention how it’s modern slavery, show 1 million pictures of a truck with a flag on it, etc. etc. They just can’t leave the man alone.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2020, 5:42 PM

I’ve never been prouder to be a Clemson Tiger!

(not to sound trite, but...) he nailed it...

Jun 14, 2020, 8:13 PM

(had a bunch of negative stuff to say here...attempting to shove it in the face of his detractors...but realized 1. the world has enough negativity, 2. the detractors don't care what I have to say, and 3. the world has enough negativity)

I admit my heart has been hardened at much that has taken place over the last few weeks. Never mind what is think the root causes may be, there are humans suffering...that have been suffering. Human suffering is a scourge on all of humanity and does violence to all I hold dear. It is time I awaked to their cries.

"...but we should not expect them to hear our cheers [...] if we do not hear this cries."

-Tommy

Message was edited by: tplee®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is why players go to Clemson

Jun 15, 2020, 6:51 AM

I would love to have my kids be around his wisdom for four years. Enjoy it. He is a special person.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic