Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Sunday Night Update: Swinney says both QBs to play at Texas A&M
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,517

TNET: Sunday Night Update: Swinney says both QBs to play at Texas A&M

Sep 2, 2018, 8:01 PM

Sunday Night Update: Swinney says both QBs to play at Texas A&M

Swinney addressed members of the media in his weekly Sunday evening teleconference to take a final look at the 48-7 victory over Furman and look ahead to the matchup versus Texas A&M in College Station, TX. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Sunday Night Update: Swinney says both QBs to play at Texas A&M

Sep 2, 2018, 8:10 PM

I think by next weekend we will have our moment Alabama had this weekend - a clear separation of who starting QB should be. I think it will be TL. I just hope KB is mature enough to accept what is his eventual fate. We have too many weapons on offense that are better with TLs throwing abilities. We can still use KB on certain situations and when we have a lead to control the clock. With TL at the helm ee can score points on anybody even Bama.

Sep 2, 2018, 11:55 PM

Coot please stop trolling our board! Both Clemson QB's will play exceptionally well.

Sep 3, 2018, 7:55 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sunday Night Update: Swinney says both QBs to play at Texas A&M ]

I for one, agree 100%. I’m an old Tiger fan. My first game was 1975, when Red Parker was coaching. My Dad had season tickets. The following year, Charlie Pell was hired. Then, a young coach named Danny Ford took over. I’ll never forget watching the National Championship games with my Father. 1981, and 2016. I thought the 2nd would never come. I bleed orange!
I played QB all through school myself. So, I do know a bit about the position. Watching Bryant drives me crazy. He rarely reads past two progressions. When he does, he doesn’t find the guy. Poor vision. That’s why he led the team in rushing attempts, and yards. Against Furman, KB struggled. He had two 4th down attempts. One was successful. Everything looked like a struggle. The one pass of 40+ looked amazing. Everything else, Furman had the upper hand. They only had to stay in pass coverage for a short count, then crash on the run. Making it one dimension to defend. KB was responsible for 17pts. 50% completion. Pretty low QBR. Same QB play as last year. One progression. About the time receivers work open, he’d run.
Trevor comes in and starts completing passes everywhere. He’s throwing guys open. The safeties have to back up and play the whole field now. The linebackers can’t just spy the run anymore. Making the offense more efficient. Opening up running lanes that weren’t there before. Putting the defense on its heels. Trevor goes 9-14 134yds 3td with a QBR close to 200! Three times higher than Bryant. So, it isn’t being a bad fan to point out the obvious. I think it’s being a cheerleader to keep pulling for a 2 QB system. When you have two, you don’t have one. The one won’t develop the way they would if they were the full time starter. It has only worked a handful of times in history. Even then, it broke momentum at times, and setback the offenses. Eyes see the offense runs better with Lawrence. Just like Bama runs better with Tua. Just like Watson, the writing is on the wall, how long before it is enacted? The longer we wait, the more we are in danger of KB being exploited like Syracuse did. KB would make a great slot receiver or RB! Halfback pass, or double pass becomes a real option with only one read for him.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 4:25 PM

Thanks onejedi. Wish you’d post more.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2018, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Sunday Night Update: Swinney says both QBs to play at Texas A&M ]

I would agree with everything you say. However, you did not mention anything about KB'S ability to run the ball vs TL's running. Pretty big difference there in the opposite direction. Another point is that TL is tall and slender. He may not want to run much. He makes for a big target. KB seems much stronger in that regard. Perhaps TL fills out nicely in the next year or so and can absorb some punishment. He'll have to. He'll be THE guy for sure next year, barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Did Dabo blast anyone for asking?

Sep 2, 2018, 8:15 PM

Just curious.

Just don’t ask about the “C” word.***

Sep 3, 2018, 7:06 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no "oh, yeah, Chase Brice looked good too" comment.***

Sep 2, 2018, 8:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no "oh, yeah, Chase Brice looked good too" comment.***

Sep 2, 2018, 9:17 PM

Not one word on chase.

Re: no "oh, yeah, Chase Brice looked good too" comment.***

Sep 3, 2018, 4:36 AM

A coach said all 3 ANd played well.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,517
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic