Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Stats & Storylines: Clemson blitzes Pittsburgh after extended layoff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

TNET: Stats & Storylines: Clemson blitzes Pittsburgh after extended layoff

Nov 30, 2020, 8:01 AM

Stats & Storylines: Clemson blitzes Pittsburgh after extended layoff

It was great to see the Tigers back on the field after an open date followed by a day-of-the-game cancellation by Florida State. The Tigers came out of the gate looking like a team itching to play. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL would have to play the whole game and Clemson would have

Nov 30, 2020, 9:25 AM

to RUTS big time for him to get back in the Heisman race... all because of Covid...

Dabo won't let him generate those gaudy stats (and can't blame him... need TL healthy the rest of the season) so Clemson will not have a Heisman winner (probably ever, while Dabo is here)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Stats & Storylines: Clemson blitzes Pittsburgh after extended layoff

Nov 30, 2020, 12:52 PM

Two points I want to address.

1) Of the 3 QB's, Trevor has the name recognition from previous years and this summer's social awareness campaigns. The name is out there, plus it doesn't hurt that the #tankfortrevor seems to pop up now and then, plus, the sports media refers to him as the likely #1 pick and all. I think in yesterdays "Support dog" segment on the NFL network, I believe the Jet's support dog was named "Trevor". Coincidence? I think now.

2) Elliot has been getting cute with the play calling, not creative, not genius, cute. I know he has a lot of weapons, but geez louise, at some point, you give the ball to #9 and let the hogs plow the road. Run blocking is simple, line em up and knock them off their feet. It's not rocket surgery.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2020, 12:57 PM

Player C missed 2 games for COVID and 1 game where the opponent wussed out, and has been so far ahead in most games that he gets the 2nd string in at halftime or shortly thereafter. He;s so good that he's done those numbers in about half the snaps that the others get. Plus his coaches don't believe in running up the score beyond about a 3TD lead.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2020, 1:18 PM

mpercy® said:

Player C missed 2 games for COVID and 1 game where the opponent wussed out, and has been so far ahead in most games that he gets the 2nd string in at halftime or shortly thereafter. He;s so good that he's done those numbers in about half the snaps that the others get. Plus his coaches don't believe in running up the score beyond about a 3TD lead.

He has played 7 games instead of 8, which obviously hurts his number. He gets pulled early too. That said, his completion percentage and yards per attempt are both lower so I don't think it would be fair to say playing one fewer game and getting pulled before games are over is 100% the reason.

Thanks for reading and commenting! I appreciate you!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2020, 1:45 PM

Early in a game is when the defense is still sharp. Most teams we play will be pumped up and play their absolute best for the 1st quarter or so. Eventually the talent and technique win out, but by that time we're already up by 3TD and closing the playbook. If TL had played vs BC and ND, surely he'd have 600 more yds (DJ passed for 342 and 439). Add in ~300 vs FSU and his total yardage would be well over 3000 and he'd likely have ~7 more TDs.

If Player C's line was

3,036 passing yards, 25 TDs, and the rest?

TL is 161 out of 228 attempts.
KT is 195 out of 273 attempts.
MJ is 173 out of 227 attempts.

How many of those attempts where against teams that had already had their backs broken?

Clemson's system and coaches may well prevent a QB like Watson or Lawrence or DJ from getting the trophy (and missing 3 games in a season COVID and FSU quitting) didn't help TL16 have a gaudier stat line. A gaudier stat line might have won it anyway, despite Clemson's patterns re: playing everyone on the roster easly and often and beating most opponents so handily that even walk-on QBs get more than a few reps.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2020, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Stats & Storylines: Clemson blitzes Pittsburgh after extended layoff ]

I don't care for your writing. At all.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2020, 12:58 PM

It's OK. He'll still most likely be the #1 draft pick over those other guys.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic