Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Spring Practice Preview: Plenty of talent at the linebacker spots
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

TNET: Spring Practice Preview: Plenty of talent at the linebacker spots

Feb 26, 2020, 7:01 AM

Spring Practice Preview: Plenty of talent at the linebacker spots

Clemson defensive coordinator and linebackers coach Brent Venables has to replace two starters in his group with the departure of Chad Smith at the WILL (weakside) spot an Isaiah Simmons at the SAM/Nickel (strongside) spot. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Spring Practice Preview: Plenty of talent at the linebacker spots

Feb 26, 2020, 7:55 AM

For some reason I kept thinking Skalski was a senior last year. Glad that isnt true

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Skalski redshirted his third year so there would be a senior

Feb 26, 2020, 8:47 AM

on this squad. We had an abundance of linebackers in 2018, so he wasn't going to play alot. It was the first year of playing 4 games anytime on the schedule.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Feb 26, 2020, 8:52 AM

I didn't find much new in this except Kevin Swint is a BIG linebacker for a early enrollee. Same size as Greg Williams.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

I'm definitely watching LB and safety closely

Feb 26, 2020, 9:36 AM

considering we're losing five of the back seven starters: all but one LB and one CB. The talent is there and the rest of the returning two-deep got a lot of snaps, but still. Skalski and Nolan Turner will be relied upon heavily.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2020, 10:27 AM

'Lord @ EE LB Kevin Swint coming in at 6 ft 3 in and 245 lbs. Anyone know his forty time?

Feb 26, 2020, 11:18 AM

One of the nicks he got on the scouting sites was he was slow. He is gonna be a 4.7 guy like Tre Lamar. Big, physical, hole stuffer, but not the line-2-line guy like Simmons. Very talented, smart player just slow. I think he will stay in that range but will move his weight around and let Batson get him tuned up

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2020, 12:12 PM

Plus with as talented as our coaching staff is, he should be able to knock a few tenths off of his 40 time from whatever it was coming in, and a quicker first couple of steps can improve that 40 time!!!

I have a question, as far as the numbers and the quality of talent that we have at LB. Isn't there a big chance that we could have by mid season a better back 7 than we had last year. I know we probably don't have anyone that will fill the cleats of Simmons as one guy playing as 3. But our young LBer core seems to be pretty talented, added to that talent, the coaching that BV can do with talent. Another question, was Jake Venables under rated out of HS maybe bc he was the son of BV?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2020, 8:58 AM

Exactly what I was looking at and would think he would get quicker and bigger, which should give him flexibility to play 3. It will be interesting to see how much quicker he gets, because bigger is inevitable, imo.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic