Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Signing Day Central 2021
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

TNET: Signing Day Central 2021

Dec 16, 2020, 7:08 AM

Signing Day Central 2021

Early National Signing Day 2021 is here! Check back all day to see the latest on Clemson's 2021 recruiting class. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Signing Day Central 2021

Dec 16, 2020, 8:46 AM

Awesome class!

Couple of questions:

Is Barrett Carter projected as a true Safety, true Linebacker, or as what will forever be know as an "Isaiah Simmons type of role"?

I know it's an inexact science, but how is Trotter ranked 4.05, but considered one of the top recruits in the nation?

Thanks!

Dec 16, 2020, 9:08 AM

I was wondering why Trotter’s TigerNet ranking was so low also

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2020, 10:02 AM

One part of the TigerNet Ranking is based on the number of offers and the quality of the offers. He only had 8 offers listed on 247. I updated his offer list from Rivals and it changed the number a little.

Dec 16, 2020, 2:53 PM

Quantity and quality of offers seems arbitrary compared to actual scouting, stats and measurements.

Dec 16, 2020, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Signing Day Central 2021 ]

The early signing date is one of the few good things the NCAA has done. It gets all or most of the commitments in the fold so the coaches can concentrate on the uncommitted prospects. It decreases the pool of prospects which puts less of a burden on our coaches who are doing the recruiting.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2020, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Signing Day Central 2021 ]

If you remember, Simmons was a three star coming out of high school so don’t focus too much on what these guys are labeled as. Carter is most likely going to be an Simmons-like defender but I don’t see him in the safety spot often at Clemson. Between Carter and Trotter, these guys are elite, fast, and very physical. The big thing is, you just never know until they get to Clemson.

Dec 16, 2020, 8:51 AM

Mickey's analysis of Carter should say "Carter explodes.." not "Simpson explodes.."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Dec 16, 2020, 8:53 AM

Will Shipley reminds me a of Barry Sanders (great balance). However, I can see why Plyler picked the best white running back the nation has seen in a long while to use as a comparison. At least in this case the skill sets are similar. Plyler didn't know who to compare to DJ last year (had to use two examples).

Dec 16, 2020, 9:45 AM

This 2020 recruiting class was ranked #1 in the country!!! But the best news is this, this was the 4th straight year that Dabo and his staff has brought in a Top 10 recruiting class in the country. With the way that our coaching staff can coach up any recruit that they choose to become a Clemson man by the time they graduate, and this means that our Tigers are going to be whipping butt for a few more years with just what we will have in Clemson after today, and we may pick up a few more when the signing day comes around again in February... Gooo Tiger, and long live Dabo Swinney, Brent Venable, Tony Elliott, and all their assistant coaches!!!!!

PS, Suck it coots in and around Dumplumbia!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2020, 10:01 AM

I love the highly ranked players, obviously, but sometimes it seems like the lowest rated recruit in the class does really well. This time, it's Will Taylor, so I will be pulling for this kid.

Dec 16, 2020, 10:11 AM

What is expected from Beaux Collins??? Will he sign today???

Dec 16, 2020, 12:29 PM

Looks like he signed already. Remember the time difference.

I love articles like this

Dec 16, 2020, 10:40 AM

Says the web conference starts at 11 but they don’t give a link or tell us where to find it.

Is it on clemsonfootball.com or is it on an TigerNet or where exactly do we find on YouTube or online the live webinar announcing to signing class?

Dec 16, 2020, 1:41 PM

Absolutely an impressive and physically talented group of high character winners soon to be Clemson brothers. Congrats to all these young men on their outstanding high school careers and their decision to continue their successes and winning at Clemson University!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2020, 1:41 PM

Absolutely an impressive and physically talented group of high character winners soon to be Clemson brothers. Congrats to all these young men on their outstanding high school careers and their decision to continue their successes and winning at Clemson University!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic