Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Second Look: Grading Clemson versus LSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

TNET: Second Look: Grading Clemson versus LSU

Jan 16, 2020, 1:01 PM

Second Look: Grading Clemson versus LSU

Putting the national title game in perspective with our takeaways and game grades from Clemson and lSU. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, you managed to get 12 screen shots of Burrow into this

Jan 16, 2020, 1:08 PM

nice

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: TNET: Second Look: Grading Clemson versus LSU

Jan 16, 2020, 1:11 PM

Pretty telling how terrible the game was when the special Trams was the highest rated group. I hated for this team to go out like that. It’s a sad ending to a remarkable 29 win run. We may never get to experience that again. I’m glad I did live to see it.

Offense a C?

Jan 16, 2020, 1:31 PM

Wish I had you as a teacher in school.

Re: Offense a C?

Jan 16, 2020, 2:53 PM

THE GOOBERS , MORONS AND DWEEBS ON THIS BOARD TRULY KNOW NO BOUNDS. WHY DONT SOME OF YOU HEAD TO COLUMBIA AND FIX A REAL DUMPSTER FIRE.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A "D" offensive performance led to a defensive "C".

Jan 16, 2020, 1:53 PM

The D did enough to keep us in the game, 1/11 3rd down conversion was the killer.

Re: A "D" offensive performance led to a defensive "C".

Jan 16, 2020, 2:08 PM

Yeah. I think the offense stunk after we made it 25-28. C is extremely generous. I thought the defense played a decent game, considering the opponent and the missed opportunities by the offense. Special teams were quite good. Coaching? C- And I think I'm being generous here.

Jan 16, 2020, 3:14 PM

Yeah. It's fine to give grades, as long as you realize that a team's offense and defense are symbiotic. Since we did give up 600+ yards, I guess the C is justified, but it ought to have a big asterisk beside it.

Jan 16, 2020, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Re: A "D" offensive performance led to a defensive "C". ]

I agree C- on offense because I would give our offensive line a D- . Their offensive line outplayed our offensive line period. That was the ball game . We had to throw the ball to Travis to get him any space to run and that toss sweep to the short side of the field was a disaster. Their line protected Burrow enough to give him time to throw the long passes. You can't expect AJ Terrell or any DB to cover the receivers they have all the way down the field. PLus we needed a deep safety to react to those long sideline passes.

Agree Completely... We shall NEVER know IF...

Jan 16, 2020, 4:24 PM [ in reply to A "D" offensive performance led to a defensive "C". ]

Agree Completely! IF our offense would have functioned... what would the game have looked like?

Re: Offensive Coordinator(s) Grade D-

Jan 16, 2020, 2:25 PM

Offensive Coordinators D-
for abandoning the run!! And not noticing it , in order to make a change!!

D- is too kind.

Jan 16, 2020, 3:26 PM

What's more, Tony's comments don't give me confidence that it won't continue to happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 2:42 PM

It looked to me like the difference in the game was they beat us up front on both sides.

That wasn't true at all

Jan 16, 2020, 4:58 PM

We ran the ball well, and mostly protected Trevor well. The beat us in the secondary on both sides.

Our D got pressure sometimes, but not consistently. And when you don't, they score quickly.

This game was all about the skill, and theirs were better than ours.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 2:43 PM

Where was Chad Smith during the game. Needed him on defense!

Jan 16, 2020, 3:42 PM

Who was Chad Smith going to cover?

LSU OL was handling almost all of our blitz packages, and even when we had pressure rush lanes weren't covered. LSU sending 5 out in patterns left mostly man up situations, and even with close coverage Burrow's accuracy was killer.

The game should have been closer, but wasn't. LSU took advantage to an off night, and dominated.

Thankfully, we have a team built for the long haul. I don't expect LSU to be back as quickly.

Jan 16, 2020, 4:08 PM

I believe we were not aggressive enough in the first quarter and punted more than we should've. Seems we needed to play with our hair on fire so-to-speak and as if we had nothing to lose. Play-calling was not the best at those junctures.

Jan 16, 2020, 6:59 PM

Sorry but giving up 42 points and over 600 earns you less than a C. The defense was no better than a D.

Jan 16, 2020, 9:56 PM

Painful to say, but Clemson didn't just play a better team that one night. I believe LSU would win perhaps 7-8 times out of 10. LSU had a world class season, possibly GOAT. No shame losing to them.

Jan 16, 2020, 10:54 PM

I'm with you on that - we all knew that if EITHER team didn't bring their "A" game it would be trouble and that is what happened. What would have happened if our offense was its usual self and we scored three more times??? Sadly we will never know but it would have been something to see. But we are 29-1 in the last 30 and no one else in the county can say that. We are already number 1 for next year and aren't going anywhere. Unlike the jerk from Ohio State we will move on and continue to grow.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 11:15 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Second Look: Grading Clemson versus LSU ]

Are you serious? It was 28-25 early in the third quarter and if our offensive line would have blocked better so we could control the ball we could have easily won . It was 2 equal teams competing and we had a clear touchdown taken away with almost 10 minutes left in the game . LSU made the plays that night but Clemson could easily have beaten them on any other night .

Jan 17, 2020, 1:24 AM

I agree! Only a handful of plays made the difference! If the offense had clicked at all the defense would have graded much higher! For whatever reason we were off and hung the defense out to dry! We needed to control the ball and keep their offense off the field to avoid this fate!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2020, 8:10 AM

I agree. The defense finally wore down. Bad night for Trevor. Need to get stronger on both lines.

Jan 17, 2020, 6:52 AM

Way back when I was in elementary school, yes those days of a single room redwood building with a school bell, our report card showed 2 grades; a "U" for Unsatisfactory, and an "S" for Satisfactory.
So using that old analogy, I came up with a grading system for our game against L S U.
No A, or B or C- minus grade here but a reversal of the school's initials that ended our 29 game National Championship season;
U S L = Un Satisfactory Loss.
L S U was the better team that night, but we certainly didn't do much on either side of the ball to win that game.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic