Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Playing through injury: Clemson defender chose his team ahead of NFL dreams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

TNET: Playing through injury: Clemson defender chose his team ahead of NFL dreams

Feb 25, 2019, 2:51 PM

Playing through injury: Clemson defender chose his team ahead of NFL dreams

Austin Bryant knew he had to make a choice. Forego the rest of his senior season to prepare for the NFL and a better payday, or work through the pain and help his brothers win a National Championship. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Playing through injury: Clemson defender chose his team ahead of NFL dreams

Feb 25, 2019, 3:04 PM

He deserves a special medal or something. When Dabo said that this year's class had exceptional senior leadership, he knew what he was talking about. All the best to you Austin - we definitely needed you in the playoffs.

the definition of a team player, he will make some nfl team

Feb 25, 2019, 3:13 PM

a great defensive end

Re: the definition of a team player, he will make some nfl team

Feb 26, 2019, 2:28 AM

I’m so proud of you Austin! You were already one of my all time favorites at DE because you have done nothing but set an example of great leadership by putting your head down and working to get better everyday since you chose to come to Clemson over other great schools.

Thank you for every second you spent growing at Clemson, I’m so proud that you chose to come back and right what you felt was wrong by powering the power rangers for a most dominating season ever in modern College Football and another National Championship with a dominating win over the greatest dynasty and what is claimed to be the best conference(we know better) in college football 44-16( 10 minute dominating and demoralizing drive to end the game by putting our 3rd string in to keep from scoring from Bama’s 5 yard line)to make us 2 out of the last 3 National Champions and put us at 2-1 over Bama in the last 4 Championship games, making our seniors record winners of 56 games in 4 years, along with 4 playoff appearances, 2 National Titles, 3 Championship games and 4 ACC Championships while making our academic’s National Champions and raising the level of Academic scores to the best ever for a senior class at Clemson. It’s incredible what you accomplished in 4 years!

Now let’s pour two tons of sugar on top of all that by learning that you put the team 1st as you played with them with a torn pec muscle giving your all to Clemson and your teammates when you could have went for surgery after the Louisville game and put yourself in position to be able to be ready for the NFL combine instead of placing your team 1st and who could have blamed you.

I truly believe that when we love others and put them before ourselves and invest in them God rewards us 10 to a 100 fold in blessings and I pray you are blessed mightily. Thank you bother I’m in awe of how you gave to others while hurt in the battle, you truly are one of the best Clemson men ever!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

I think Austin Bryant earned a special place in Clemson lore

Feb 25, 2019, 3:13 PM

with this.

Just wow. That is REAL sacrifice for his brothers.

Re: I think Austin Bryant earned a special place in Clemson lore

Feb 25, 2019, 3:17 PM

Agreed, gosh are we blessed to have all these high character players. It's important that we continue to be the best fan base possible.

Re: I think Austin Bryant earned a special place in Clemson lore

Feb 25, 2019, 4:01 PM [ in reply to I think Austin Bryant earned a special place in Clemson lore ]

Completely agree. What an example for the younger/future players. He put the team ahead of his personal ambitions and deserve kudos for that. I hope he gets rewarded in the draft by getting drafted by a team that will place a premium on his character and that he won't end up in a deadend type situation (Cleveland Browns..., etc.).

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

textbook definition of Senior Veteran Leadership

Feb 25, 2019, 3:19 PM

and the embodiment of a Clemson Tiger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

HE IS THE MAN

Feb 25, 2019, 3:29 PM

What a player

What a teammate

What a TIGER

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're gonna miss the Power Rangers, all of them***

Feb 25, 2019, 3:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Playing through injury: Clemson defender chose his team ahead of NFL dreams

Feb 25, 2019, 3:46 PM

Compare this to the Chicken receiver who sat out their bowl game because He "might" get hurt to this awesome young man choosing to play hurt so that he could finish out what he and his fellow brothers came back to accomplish. Best of luck to you, Austin!!!!

Feb 25, 2019, 3:52 PM

Now I think we further understand why our Tigers are the National Champions! Our players strength of character is equally as important as their physical ability! Thanks, Austin!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Austin Bryant....

Feb 25, 2019, 4:04 PM

You are the man!!

Feb 25, 2019, 4:18 PM

What an incredible young man. Choosing his team and desire to play for another national championship over money says it all. He will be rewarded for his amazing character by the team who is lucky enough to have him play for them. I do not usually post but loved this article.

Feb 24, 2021, 11:19 AM

What an amazing young man!!!! So blessed to have had him as a part of our Team!!! He deserves the highest honor!

Feb 25, 2019, 4:38 PM

The definition of " a CLEMSON MAN "...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Save this article . . . When someone ask you . . .

Feb 25, 2019, 5:42 PM

What is meant when you say, "A Clemson Man"? . . . forward this to them!!!

WOW!!!!!!! I had no idea . . . yet another example of "A Clemson Man" . . . Does not need the public's eye or approval to make a stand!!!!!!!

What a Tiger you are Austin!!!!!!! I did not think we could love you more . . . I was wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will get your foot in the NFL door and you will win again!!!!!!!

Kudos to you, a National Champion indeed!!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Save this article . . . When someone ask you . . .

Feb 25, 2019, 7:33 PM

I agree. I have thought Austin was a great player, but this takes it over the top. He has his priorities right. Thank you, Austin for your dedication and leadership. Goof luck to you going forward. What fine example of a Clemson Tiger.

Re: Save this article . . . When someone ask you . . .

Feb 26, 2019, 12:28 AM [ in reply to Save this article . . . When someone ask you . . . ]

This is what was said about Secretariat’s Heart Size, and IMO, he was the fastest Race horse that ever lived!!! And I believe that players that play through the pain that some do, they to probably have a Big heart also. ( “We were all shocked,” Swerczek said. “I've seen and done thousands of autopsies on horses, and nothing I'd ever seen compared to it. The heart of the average horse weighs about nine pounds. This was almost twice the average size, and a third larger than any equine heart I'd ever seen. And it wasn't pathologically enlarged. All the chambers and the valves were normal. It was just larger. I think it told us why he was able to do what he did.” )

To win the Belmont by 31 lengths, Secretariat had to have had a huge heart just to get enough oxygen in his blood stream to go that fast for that distance!!! I know we have had some players that has played like they had a bigger heart than anybody on the field, just saying, Austin Bryant fits the category of a player with a huge heart!!!

Feb 25, 2019, 4:44 PM

The character of the young men playing at Clemson is remarkable. I hope his dreams come true

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Feb 25, 2019, 4:54 PM

Wow. Great guy. I hope he really shows out in the NFL, and makes a ton of money. Blessed to have had him at Clemson.

Team goals > individual goals.

Feb 25, 2019, 5:44 PM

I love this Tiger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Feb 25, 2019, 6:21 PM

Confetti again! Wow,

Exactly why stars don’t matter. Dabo and his coaches recruit to a standard. He does deserve some type of an award and all else that’s been said. If I’m a recruit, I see this story and know this is the place I want to be.

If this is the kind of man, teammate, and person you aspire to be, come to Clemson. If you want to take the easy route, go somewhere else- you’re not Clemson material.

Here’s looking at you mr Brian Breese.

Go Tigers!!!! As someone said in this thread, if our players can do this, they deserve the best fans we can ever be.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s the type of player you want come playoff time

Feb 25, 2019, 6:25 PM

As the lowest graded of the four starters, he looks every bit a first rounder as the others.

Alright...just gotta love this guy.

Feb 25, 2019, 7:17 PM

This made me a little teary eyed. I hope those in the NFL see what an amazing and committed player they would get. Cotton Bowl MVP.....while injured....just saying.

Feb 25, 2019, 7:46 PM

Playing through injury: Clemson defender chose his team ahead of NFL dreams

Austin Bryant knew he had to make a choice. Forego the rest of his senior season to prepare for the NFL and a better payday, or work through the pain and help his brothers win a National Championship. Full Story »

So proud of Austin. And appreciate his decision. Wish him all the best in the draft. A totally selfless decision. What a teammate!

Feb 25, 2019, 7:51 PM

The Austin Bryant's is what wins championships, and I don't care about what people always say that you need those 4 and 5 star guys to win championships, well you do, but that is only a part of it. Teams loaded with just 4 and 5 star type players can end their seasons like Notre Dame and Oklahoma, those teams finish behind the teams that have players with the hearts of a champion, the toughness of a Bull, and the unconditional love for their team mates, and they are willing to risk it all to win like the Austin Bryant's on a team with like minded team mates that Quit isn't a word known in their vocabulary.

Pain is real, and pain can stop and take down some of the best, and we hear all the time that only the strong survive, that is bc the strong will never surrender to pain or anything else, and Austin Bryant is a perfect example of the strong that will always survive. No matter where he goes or what number he goes in the draft, that team will be getting a guy with the heart and will of a champion that doesn't have a clue of the meaning of Quit!!!

Not saying you're wrong but AB was a high 4 star***

Feb 26, 2019, 5:28 AM

Can't wait to pull for Austin and whatever team drafts...

Feb 25, 2019, 7:56 PM

him in the NFL!

Feb 25, 2019, 8:01 PM

That’s incredible dedication to team over self. Well done AB Clemson Nation is proud of you!

Feb 25, 2019, 8:05 PM

A number of teams will note the injury, which is a straight forward rehab, but then take pause and realize what an amazing man and leader they’d be getting with this pick.

Wow! A little lost for words here.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The WHOLE story"... Nothing comparable to that dedication.***

Feb 25, 2019, 8:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a great young man AB7 is***

Feb 25, 2019, 9:02 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Thank you Austin!! I am truly amazed....

Feb 25, 2019, 9:36 PM

... that he could play like that with the injury. Don’t know how general the knowledge of his injury was - but I had no idea... And his play certainly didn’t provide any clues that he was playing thru pain!! Add to that the almost unbelievable decision to play on for his teammates with so much money hanging in the balance - just an incredible young man!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Re: Thank you Austin!! I am truly amazed....

Feb 26, 2019, 2:32 PM

Didn't Grady Jarrett play through the season with the same or close to the same Injury???

Very similar I think - allorange..,,

Feb 26, 2019, 5:10 PM

... Grady had torn labrum in opening game with Georgia.. Very similar attitude - “not gonna do any shoulder surgery during football season “... “strap it up and let’s go “ .....lol

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Feb 25, 2019, 11:27 PM

This is the kind of player that makes us what we are. I wouldn't trade all the "clowns" in the world for one AB! Good luck in the NFL young man - someone is going to be very glad they have you.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2019, 12:17 AM

I would think that character counts!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2019, 12:26 AM

Wow! Just wow.

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic