Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Nick Saban on loss to Clemson: Crimson Tide "just got out-performed"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

TNET: Nick Saban on loss to Clemson: Crimson Tide "just got out-performed"

Jan 1, 2023, 12:25 AM

Nick Saban on loss to Clemson: Crimson Tide "just got out-performed"

Trailing 31-16 early in the third quarter of Monday’s College Football Playoff National Championship, Alabama head coach Nick Saban made an uncharacteristically desperate move. He went for a fake field goal on fourth down. The play was stuffed, and the message was clear. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

New flash.***

Jan 8, 2019, 2:01 AM

Re: New flash.***

Jan 8, 2019, 10:24 AM

The news flash is this, Saban called us copy cats, he failed in understanding that we were the Clemson Fighting Tigers that done their job with studying film and came into the game prepare to be the Fighting Tigers, copy catting didn't have a thing to do with what he was seeing on the field, that was all the Clemson Fighting Tigers taking the fight straight to his A$S, do you copy that Nicky!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry Tua but you got your ### handed to you.

Jan 8, 2019, 4:15 AM

His quote in the article sounds like he believes the better team didn’t win. That argument holds a little water when you don’t get throttled.

Re: TNET: Nick Saban on loss to Clemson: Crimson Tide "just got out-performed"

Jan 8, 2019, 6:01 AM

I told my friend last night, as we watched the game at a viewing party, that Alabama would give scant credit to Clemson for being better. In fact, Tua's initial quote, I believe I said it word for word to her.

Excuses

Poor execution

Missed assignments

Poor preparation

Blah blah blah blah, but we're Bama

Last year, we got whupped and outcoached and said it to the world. They were better and it showed and then we went out and DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

The D line came back, unheard of in this day
Coach made the toughest of calls about the QB, even though everyone in the civilized world knew it needed to be done.

We ignored the talking heads all season long and did the job and in the end, the better team celebrated.

I Really Liked Tua....

Jan 8, 2019, 7:03 AM

until his Lame As# excuses and not giving credit for Bama getting their AS#'s handed to them.

This is the greatest team in the modern era of college football. Get used to it Bama..last night there was a new sheriff in town...his name is Dabo....his posse is the Clemson Tigers .

Re: I Really Liked Tua....

Jan 8, 2019, 9:32 AM

With their abundant's of excuses, tells the world that they can't deal with getting their A$S handed to them when they couldn't do a thing to stop it. Dabo, our coaching staff, our players, and our fans could teach them/Bama and Bama nation a thing or two about humility, because it's clear that they don't know a thing about it. Being humble can be a great teacher when you hit a wall face first, and don't know how to act when it happens to you!!! Your dynasty crumbled last night Bama, now be humble and accept it like a man, and dust yourself off. Clemson and Clemson nation has had to do it many times in our journey to the top, to knock y'all off the top!!! Good game, hope to see y'all again next year!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: POD IMO!!!***

Jan 8, 2019, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Nick Saban on loss to Clemson: Crimson Tide "just got out-performed" ]

Jan 8, 2019, 8:09 AM

This just in water is wet. Dabo sealed his legacy last night and There’s never been a greater time to be a tiger!

we're gonna hear this alot!

Jan 8, 2019, 8:20 AM

It wasn't them, it was us

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: we're gonna hear this alot!

Jan 8, 2019, 9:38 AM

If I'm going to beat myself, I'm not going to bruise myself up as bad as they did!!!

Jan 8, 2019, 4:11 PM [ in reply to we're gonna hear this alot! ]

You are right! Quinnen Williams has already been quoted saying, "They didn’t come out and do nothing special. We played greater offense than that – Oklahoma offense or Georgia offense. We just made a lot of mental errors and they capitalized."

Jan 8, 2019, 4:20 PM [ in reply to we're gonna hear this alot! ]

And in his postgame interview Tua said, "It wasn't anything they were doing."

Jan 8, 2019, 5:15 PM

Well then he must think that the score board folks were just putting points on the board for us, without us doing anything!!!

ORANGE CRUSH

Jan 8, 2019, 8:41 AM

ORANGE CRUSH

This just might be the sweetest victory ever for Clemson and Clemson's fans: After years of insults, put-downs, condescension from the majority of SEC fans and ESPN's talking heads, and the taunts of "S-E-C, S-E-C", it was pure joy to see Clemson absolutely crush Alabama on the biggest stage possible in college football.

If you noticed, there were very few of the Alabama players shedding tears; instead, pretty much the whole Alabama team looked shell-shocked -- thunderstruck. Clemson did not just crush Alabama; Clemson broke their will. I suspect the Alabama players will be treated for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in the off season.

Re: ORANGE CRUSH

Jan 8, 2019, 8:49 AM

Pin-point analysis!

Go, Tigers! BYOG! 2018! Another Freakin' Natty!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2019, 9:44 AM [ in reply to ORANGE CRUSH ]

There has never been a better win with us dominating what was clearly the best team for a decade, and we beat them twice in the biggest game of the year, the Supper Bowl of college FB, the National Championship!!!

Jan 8, 2019, 10:12 AM [ in reply to ORANGE CRUSH ]

+1 And I agree with every word you said. But I hope that just not only our Fan Base understands, but the world of college FB. Bama has as many or more 5 star recruits on their team than any team in college FB. This win goes to further prove that we have if not the best, we're up there with the best coaching staff in college FB today. Our coaches have taken a few 5 star recruits in skill positions, coached them up with the rest of our non 5 star recruits and have become the best team in college FB today. Dabo Swinney and our coaching staff deserves every dime they make and more. They have had to work to coach our team up to match a team like Nick Saban's loaded with some of the best HS talent across the country, and soundly beat them. That was the worse beating Nick Saban has had since he took the job as HC at Bama!!! When all the stories are written about this win, I hope the story of the job our coaches has done will be told along with the story of this huge win against Nick Saban and his at Alabama!!!

Jan 8, 2019, 2:39 PM [ in reply to ORANGE CRUSH ]

This post deserves it’s own headline! For all the endless disrespect and condescension, this victory was made all the sweeter!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2019, 9:02 AM

He simply believed the vast majority of sports fake news "experts" that said he would win. No problem.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2019, 9:10 AM

Guess what little man, you also got out coached.

Jan 8, 2019, 9:16 AM

Thanks so much to everyone involved in the National Championship game last night, from Dan Radakovich, Coach Swinney, and the entire football ?? conglomerate. For those of us that are fifty plus years fans, this journey has been incredible. I am always and forever a Clemson Tigers fan. God bless y’all and Go Tigers! Fight!

Jan 8, 2019, 1:19 PM
Capture.JPG(91.2 K)

on, tua... it wasn't us... it was you (rolls eyes and shakes head)

Jan 8, 2019, 2:23 PM

The key memory of this game for me came with just under 9 minutes left. Etienne goes around the left end for a long run, and all Ruggs can manage is a slow jog. I don’t know whether he was suffering from fatigue, or broken spirit (or a combination), but regardless, his body language sent a message that he knew the chase was futile!

Jan 8, 2019, 2:32 PM

Sorry, it was Buggs, #49. Isaiah Buggs.

"Execution, performance or effort,'

Jan 8, 2019, 2:27 PM

any way you shake it the loss was because of the players not the coach. What a cheap pos. He got his asz handed to him by a couple kids calling plays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Compare Saban's comments to Brian Kelly's after getting beat

Jan 8, 2019, 2:43 PM

I admire Nick Saban for how he is willing to give other teams credit when it is due. Just compare his responses to those of Brian Kelly of Notre Dame when they lose. Kelly never gives the other team credit nor will he take any blame for a loss. He would rather throw his team under the bus and tell how poorly they performed than to ever take any blame for a loss. Just read his comments after Clemson put a whipping on ND in the Cotton Bowl. Can you tell I have no love whatsoever for Kelly? The man may be a good coach but to me he is no much of a person. Saban on the other hand took full blame for the loss and especially the joke of a fake field goal. I don't really care for Saban a lot but he is willing to say "I screwed up" and the other team was just better when it applies. That makes him 10 times the coach Kelly is in my book.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2019, 4:00 PM

Poor little Nicky. Who’s your daddy Nick?

Jan 8, 2019, 10:14 PM

Tired of hearing excuses. Tide got whipped pure and simple by a better team. It happens so rarely they don't even recognize it or can't admit it. Beat down for the ages.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic