Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: New Gamecocks head coach on Dabo comparisons: "To me, that's a compliment"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

TNET: New Gamecocks head coach on Dabo comparisons: "To me, that's a compliment"

Dec 24, 2020, 8:01 AM

New Gamecocks head coach on Dabo comparisons: "To me, that's a compliment"

Shane Beamer has heard the comparisons between himself and Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney, and he considers it a compliment. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To paraphrase Lloyd Bentsen...

Dec 24, 2020, 8:09 AM

Coach, I served with Dabo Swinney.
I know Dabo Swinney.
Dabo Swinney is a friend of mine.

Coach, you're no Dabo Swinney.

i never heard that comparison to dabo***

Dec 24, 2020, 8:18 AM

What did Dabo and Lloyd Bentsen do together?***

Dec 24, 2020, 11:42 AM [ in reply to To paraphrase Lloyd Bentsen... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: New Gamecocks head coach on Dabo comparisons: "To me, that's a compliment"

Dec 24, 2020, 8:19 AM

Coots want him to be another Dabo. That does not make him a Dabo. That will never happen.

Message was edited by: Tiger68®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: New Gamecocks head coach on Dabo comparisons: "To me, that's a compliment"

Dec 24, 2020, 8:40 AM

This could really suck. The Chickens may have actually hired a good guy as coach, kind of like when Brad Scott was there. There were complex emotions for me during those days. I ALWAYS pulled against the team, but I wanted good things for the coach. Things were so much simpler with Spurrier and Muschy.

Of course, as I type this, I am reminded how well the whole Scott thing turned out for him and Clemson and how badly it turned out for the Chickens. Perhaps history will repeat itself.

Don’t worry about that. He’s a typical phony.

Dec 24, 2020, 8:44 AM

Those comments are scripted. When real life happens, he will prove to be a scumbag and will fail.

The comparisons to Dabo are cringeworthy at best. Not even close.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don’t worry about that. He’s a typical phony.

Dec 24, 2020, 8:48 AM

I struggle to see how a guy who was handed his career from his dad could have the same grit and integrity as Dabo. But good luck!

Go Tigers!

Dec 24, 2020, 9:14 AM

Just playing devil's advocate here...
Same go for Jeff Scott?

Dec 24, 2020, 9:21 AM

True. Jeff Scott ain't no Dabo.

Dec 24, 2020, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t worry about that. He’s a typical phony. ]

Very good point. The same could apply. My only additional thought is whether Shane Beamer spent time as the head coach of a high school team and led them to a state championship? I know that doesn’t mean much, but it’s sort of like earning your stripes. I really hope Jeff Scott can build up USF. Makes me sad that he left and then had to deal with this crazy year as his first year.

Go Tigers!

Dec 24, 2020, 8:53 AM

Beat each other’s brains out on the field and in recruiting? That’s a weird way to put it. I could be wrong, but Beamer says all the right things but it seems that his foundation comes from some mythical inner determination. We know Dabo’s foundation and know that it will hold him up no matter the circumstance. Not so sure Beamer will flourish when losing every year to Clemson, but we’ll most definitely have the opportunity to see.

Go Tigers!

Dec 24, 2020, 9:30 AM

Yes. Dabo's foundation is the solid Rock. He will not be moved, regardless the circumstances. I think this is the number one reason the Tigers are so good over such a long period of time. Unshakeable faith and consistency. Other teams' coaches panic, kick, scream, berate, and basically demean themselves and others. Coach DS is a tremendous example to his entire team, the university, and the world. Way to go, coach! And........GooooooTigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we recruit maybe 2 or 3 guys that they recruit and that is

Dec 24, 2020, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: New Gamecocks head coach on Dabo comparisons: "To me, that's a compliment" ]

it. They will offer all our recruits but they are rarely in contention. That's not changing over night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2020, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: New Gamecocks head coach on Dabo comparisons: "To me, that's a compliment" ]

If the coots went 9-3, 10-2 every season, and went to a bowl game every year, but loss to us every year, do you think they would run Beamer off? I don't think so!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2020, 1:17 PM

They’re so dumb that after 5 years of 9-3 they’d expect to start beating us. But I get your point. I think their BOT would be satisfied with filling the seats and not embarrassing them every year.

Go Tigers!

This comparison may end up being the pinnacle of his career.

Dec 24, 2020, 9:50 AM

Sad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If......, SC is going to win championships.".... Yea, right***

Dec 24, 2020, 9:57 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2020, 10:32 AM

Of course it’s a compliment. Dabo has the highest win percentage of any active FBS Coach. Dabo’s win percentage compares favorably with dozens of Coaches that are already in the HOF.

This is the coots problem. Wild hyperbole based on absolutely nothing. I remember when Dabo was first promoted to Head Coach and everyone immediately compared him to Saban & Urban.......oh wait.......no they didn’t......he was mocked and lampooned and graded as a D+ hire.

I offer that the same idiots that graded Dabo as a D+ hire based on nothing, have doubled down on their idiocy and are now comparing a ZERO win Head Coach to the Head Coach with the highest active win percentage in all of major college football. It’s absolutely beyond stupid.

Dec 24, 2020, 12:17 PM

Yep, and keep in mind a lot of the Dabo naysayers were Clemson fans.

Dec 24, 2020, 12:58 PM

Check my history when Dabo became interim HC, and when he was hired as HC, I was all for him leading our Tiger FB program every step of the way to now. My gut feeling was that Dabo had a great passion for FB, and it would only take a minute for him to have a passion for Clemson, and everything about Clemson as we do. He was well educated, and had worked for some great FB minds, and from that, my gut feeling felt he was the right one for Clemson, and our FB program. Not once did I change my tune about Dabo being our HC, not once!!! He has made some statements along the way that I have wished that he hadn't, but he has gotten so much better with being careful with what he says in public, and I just love the guy, and it would sadden the H&11 out of me if he was to leave Clemson for another program!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2020, 10:50 AM

Let them dream a little before reality.... it would be hard for any good coach to win there more than .500 consistently.

We would be served if they were better when we kicked their tails every year. Strength of Schedule getting strong beating coots! Not that I ever want them to win.

I have to admit those wins over The puppy’s & Bucknuts were bearable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dec 24, 2020, 11:05 AM

We will pinch them next November.

Dec 24, 2020, 11:24 AM

At the rate they're going with decommits and players leaving, they'll be lucky to even field a team next year. May end up with a few sarahs on the team. Might could borrow some of Dawn's players... Would say borrow from mbb team but they can't field enough for a bball game.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their lives and careers are almost identical

Dec 24, 2020, 11:40 AM

except for the one with the silver spoon has never accomplished anything other than his first head coaching job and the other has been successful at every thing he did starting from nothing and building the best program on football.

Hm. Already proving smarter to be than most coot coaches.***

Dec 24, 2020, 11:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2020, 1:06 PM

If I recall correctly, when Spurrier first arrived he couldn't stand UofSC's obsession with Clemson. He was, rightly so, all about SEC championships. But once he realized that wouldn't happen, he turned his attention to Clemson.....just like all the fans.

If Beamer can truly stay focused on positives and SEC wins, it would be a positive thing and a miracle of sorts. I don't think he will....but he should try.

Dec 24, 2020, 5:18 PM

We play the coots every year?...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2020, 10:56 PM

LOL...SC is a long, long way from winning any championships in the SEC or beating us for that matter...

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic