Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Monday Insider, Part Two: Putnam says OL didn't move people like they needed to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

TNET: Monday Insider, Part Two: Putnam says OL didn't move people like they needed to

Nov 9, 2020, 5:04 PM

Monday Insider, Part Two: Putnam says OL didn't move people like they needed to

Part two of our interview session with Clemson players on Monday, including Trenton Simpson, Will Putnam, Amari Rodgers, and Cornell Powell.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Monday Insider, Part Two: Putnam says OL didn't move people like they needed to

Feb 26, 2024, 8:43 PM

Let's look on the bright side, at least his eyesight is good! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Monday Insider, Part Two: Putnam says OL didn't move people like they needed to

Nov 9, 2020, 5:24 PM

A new knickname ...... Captain Obvious!

Powell played Lights Out & Sammy, Nuk & HR13 had to be proud

Nov 9, 2020, 5:30 PM

of him, as I was!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Powell played Lights Out & Sammy, Nuk & HR13 had to be proud

Nov 9, 2020, 5:35 PM

Powell has played well all season. I expected it from him,

The OL, not so much! Work to be done there

Nov 9, 2020, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Monday Insider, Part Two: Putnam says OL didn't move people like they needed to ]

Monday Insider? I think folks in China know the Clemson Oline is struggling to run block.

Nov 9, 2020, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Monday Insider, Part Two: Putnam says OL didn't move people like they needed to ]

A new knickname ...... Captain Obvious!

A new nickname for you....Captain Jerk!

What do you expect him to say?

"We kept telling the guys up in the box that that the inside zone running plays weren't going to work?" Or, "the defense knows where our running plays are going as soon as we get set." Or, "We gave plenty of time on most plays so we should have kept throwing the ball?"

Be real.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2020, 8:31 PM

Fact check: True.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CM Shack: Agrees with Putnam's assessment***

Nov 9, 2020, 8:36 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for this insider info.

Nov 9, 2020, 8:49 PM

Otherwise I wouldn’t have known that our OL didn’t play as well as they could’ve.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Thanks for this insider info.

Nov 9, 2020, 9:35 PM

I'm sure they know their struggling, it was obvious early in the game that Notre Dame controlled both lines of scrimmage. And probably says alot about this program that we still had many chances to win.

Our O-line is fairly young and no program loses 4 of 5 starters on the line and doesnt feel it. It's the hardest position to recruit to as its tougher to step in as a starter on the line than it is the skill positions. Strength is something that's built over time and I would imagine our guys will be stronger up front next year and so on. Notre Dame was as physical up front as any team we've played the last 3 or 4 years and that's what won it for them

Re: Thanks for this insider info.

Nov 9, 2020, 9:57 PM

outlaw1081 said:

I'm sure they know their struggling, it was obvious early in the game that Notre Dame controlled both lines of scrimmage. And probably says alot about this program that we still had many chances to win.

Our O-line is fairly young and no program loses 4 of 5 starters on the line and doesnt feel it. It's the hardest position to recruit to as its tougher to step in as a starter on the line than it is the skill positions. Strength is something that's built over time and I would imagine our guys will be stronger up front next year and so on. Notre Dame was as physical up front as any team we've played the last 3 or 4 years and that's what won it for them

I agree with you, 95%, but I disagree that you can hang this on the OL. DJU put up huge numbers...and the offense put up 40 points. 40. Without using the TE's in the middle of the field heavily in a short passing game and running the most generic running attack possible from the worst running formation possible. Not saying that they run block well or that they don't have a lot of room to improve, but man, everyone knew what the OL situation was going to be this year before last season finished, so plenty of time to work things into our offense to give them some help. If, that was felt important.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic