Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Miami head coach disappointed "in the way we presented ourselves"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

TNET: Miami head coach disappointed "in the way we presented ourselves"

Oct 11, 2020, 9:01 AM

Miami head coach disappointed "in the way we presented ourselves"

While Clemson controlled every aspect of Saturday’s game with Miami, Canes head coach Manny Diaz said his team’s lack of execution and discipline never gave them a chance to be successful. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The epitome of a classless coach and classless program

Oct 11, 2020, 9:03 AM

even dirtier than Alabama

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The epitome of a classless coach and classless program

Oct 11, 2020, 9:15 AM

This is who Miami is, thug football, wanting to be the bad boys of the 80's. And that undisciplined attitude is why they got the snot beat out of them, even worse than the score.

Oct 11, 2020, 9:59 AM

I could not disagree more. We sat right behind their bench. Manny Diaz is much like Dabo, he actually coaches the whole team during the game. # 15 for them and Amari Rogers for us were fist bumping during game. Miami will be a program on the rise, which will be good for us and ACC. Targeting calls are getting out of control. Think about how we felt when Skalski was sent to the showers.

Oct 11, 2020, 10:10 AM

I agree. I think the coach is a great guy. Different story for some of the players. They need to sit them when they act stupid and they will stop. They will get better. And I like Their QB. He seems like a good kid too.

how many times have you seen Dabo 2nd guess the refs

Oct 11, 2020, 10:15 AM

after textbook targeting calls? They were coached to go after our QB. 3 times they targeted TL even though they were only called for 2 of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: The epitome of a classless coach and classless program ]

King is from my area, Fort Bend County outside of Houston. He just transferred to Miami. They deserve no credit for his character.

From his days at UT at least, Manny isn't known for being a disciplinarian. His players did some disappointing things against us. I don't think he will cure that problem. He's more of a "soft touch" guy than most CFB coaches.

Time will tell. You cannot spell THUG with the U.

Oct 11, 2020, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: The epitome of a classless coach and classless program ]

That has been who the U has been in the past. That is their culture. I thought Mark Richt would be able to change that culture. Maybe he could have changed the culture with enough time. The culture goes beyond the locker room; the fan base has embraced it too.

Time will tell.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Re: The epitome of a classless coach and classless program ]

Thank you.

Manny isn't a bad guy. When he was DC for Mack at UT, his players weren't dirty at all. Dirtiness has been at the U since the Jimmy Johnson days. Manny has a serious challenge trying to change such an ingrained culture. I'm not sure he is up to that challenge.

This is hard for some to conceive because so many here love to demonize every opponent, but Miami's program is classless but Manny Diaz is not. He is one of the precious few CFB coaches besides Dabo that I wish well.

Oct 11, 2020, 3:24 PM [ in reply to The epitome of a classless coach and classless program ]

A BUNCH OF THUGS !!!!!!!!! Tried to put our players out of the game with their thug tactics and now we all know they have a ""BLIND COACH""***************************** GO TIGERS !!!!

Hey Manny, before being a coach maybe you should learn

Oct 11, 2020, 9:28 AM

the definition of targeting!!! Your ###### team was fortunate it wasn’t called for at least 1 more shot at Trevor.

You see, when your defender lowers his head, launches, and leads with crown of helmet.... is textbook targeting.

This supposed “Coach” didn’t realize you can target something other than the head. What an idiot.

There is nothing, I mean nothing, worth a #### about Miami football. I have and will continue to want them to always lose and look pathetic. Hate is strong word but I’m there with this thug trash team.

Pitt, beat their ### next week!!!!

Re: Hey Manny, before being a coach maybe you should learn

Oct 11, 2020, 4:31 PM

Diaz is right. If that is targeting then Travon Mullen should have been ejected against Bama in the Natty at the end of the first half. He came off the corner on a blitz and put his helmet right in Tua’s family jewels. If it’s targeting on Miami it should have been on us too on a bigger stage.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/trayvon-mullen-of-the-clemson-tigers-sacks-tua-tagovailoa-of-the-picture-id1092406874

Yes. Mullen should have been ejected for that hit.

Oct 11, 2020, 6:31 PM

And the refs missed 2 targeting calls against Bama in the 2016 natty.

Hey Manny, before being a coach maybe you should learn

Oct 11, 2020, 9:28 AM

the definition of targeting!!! Your ###### team was fortunate it wasn’t called for at least 1 more shot at Trevor.

You see, when your defender lowers his head, launches, and leads with crown of helmet.... is textbook targeting.

This supposed “Coach” didn’t realize you can target something other than the head. What an idiot.

There is nothing, I mean nothing, worth a #### about Miami football. I have and will continue to want them to always lose and look pathetic. Hate is strong word but I’m there with this thug trash team.

Pitt, beat their ### next week!!!!

Re: TNET: Miami head coach disappointed "in the way we presented ourselves"

Oct 11, 2020, 9:40 AM

I guess he is referring to the thug mentality that team has shown for 40 years(aka how you present yourself), also maybe you didnt execute the way you usually do because you were playing the BEST TEAM IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL. I guess they need to work on their sign stealing. lolllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miami is a bunch of DIRTY ANIMALS!!!

Oct 11, 2020, 9:46 AM

They are a disgrace to the ACC. Serves them right that we kicked their A$$e$ off the field!!!!! GO TIGERS!!!

Oct 11, 2020, 9:47 AM

How do you not understand that when you go head first it’s targeting? Maybe tell your players to keep their head up. Three targeting shots just says it all, overrated and back to the bottom for you

Oct 11, 2020, 10:23 AM

I understand the theory of targeting but football is a violent game. Can you imagine the Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns or the Green Bay Packers of old to back off hitting someone? Since the day targeting started to be called, it has always been a judgement call but so is holding (holding could be called on every play), pass interference (same as holding, every play). The huge difference is targeting deals with protecting player's health. All of that being said, the hit on Trevor's body could be a major gamechanger that I am not sure any defensive coach or player wants.

Oct 11, 2020, 10:40 AM

"Can you imagine the Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns or the Green Bay Packers of old to back off hitting someone?"

No, I cannot imagine it. And neither can most of the players from those old teams, because their brains resemble scrambled eggs from multiple severe concussions.

Oct 11, 2020, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Miami head coach disappointed "in the way we presented ourselves" ]

It’s called head hunting. The refs missed the first one and didn’t miss again. The intent was obvious so the awe shucks routine is BS. I said it last night and I’ll say it again, what kind of #### program has three players put in the same contest for targeting. Own it handy manny. It suited you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was obvious at the end Dabo

Oct 11, 2020, 10:35 AM

Was ticked off because they ran a hurry up offense instead of Taisun kneeling twice the final 60 seconds.

You can take 'em out of Liberty City...***

Oct 11, 2020, 10:38 AM

This is why there needs to be Targeting 1 and Targeting 2

Oct 11, 2020, 10:59 AM

Just like Flagrant 1/2 in basketball.

Targeting 1 is when it violates the letter of the law, but there does not appear to be malice intent (15 yards).

Targeting 2 is when a dude is trying to kill another guy (15 yards, ejection).

Both of those hits were Targeting, but I didn't think either should have been ejected. Especially the shot to the midsection

Re: This is why there needs to be Targeting 1 and Targeting 2

Oct 11, 2020, 12:48 PM

tigerrag86 said:

Just like Flagrant 1/2 in basketball.

Targeting 1 is when it violates the letter of the law, but there does not appear to be malice intent (15 yards).

Targeting 2 is when a dude is trying to kill another guy (15 yards, ejection).

Both of those hits were Targeting, but I didn't think either should have been ejected. Especially the shot to the midsection

Re: This is why there needs to be Targeting 1 and Targeting 2

Oct 11, 2020, 6:32 PM [ in reply to This is why there needs to be Targeting 1 and Targeting 2 ]

Well, when you get called for targeting, you get ejected. You can't have it both ways.

Then change the @#$%*&^ culture...

Oct 11, 2020, 11:53 AM

This mouthy thug gangsta crap is old and boring, and it make you look even more sad and pathetic when it's occurring while you're getting you a$$ handed to you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Then change the @#$%*&^ culture...

Oct 11, 2020, 12:31 PM

What you get when you recruit thugs.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In giving more credit to Etienne, Manny is trying

Oct 11, 2020, 12:43 PM

To help his QB be all-conference over Trevor is my opinion

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Eric LeGrand is a quadriplegic from putting helmet to torso.

Oct 11, 2020, 2:22 PM

LeGrand's paralysis was a major impetus for implementing harsher targeting penalties. And for decades before "targeting" became a penalty, "spearing" was a personal-foul. Yet Diaz (after years as a defensive coach) doesn't seem to understand how a tackler could be called for such a penalty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_LeGrand

CM Shack was also disappointed in the way they presented

Oct 11, 2020, 3:42 PM

themselves

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 8:53 PM

Want to change the culture?

Get rid of the bling BS for turnovers, TD's whatever, it's gaudy and trashy.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic