Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Korey Foreman says he is "building rapport" once again with Clemson coaches
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

TNET: Korey Foreman says he is "building rapport" once again with Clemson coaches

Jul 9, 2020, 2:01 PM

Korey Foreman says he is "building rapport" once again with Clemson coaches

Clemson is still in the running for Korey Foreman, who says that he is working to rebuild his relationship with the Clemson coaching staff. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Korey Foreman says he is "building rapport" once again with Clemson coaches

Jul 9, 2020, 2:10 PM

Hope after he thinks it through and makes his visits we get him.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Korey Foreman says he is "building rapport" once again with Clemson coaches

Jul 9, 2020, 2:10 PM

Sounds good.... But I'm not buying it.... Sounds like some commitment hype to me.

Jul 9, 2020, 4:35 PM

Yep, making excuses as to why he wasn't a man of his word and breaking his promise to Dabo and the Clemson Tigers!!! And I hope that Dabo tells him that there is no room for him on the Tiger FB roster. IMO, if he is allowed to come back, it sends a bad message to all our other recruits that have kept their word after committing to Dabo and the Tiger team!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 5:43 PM

I'm sure you're never second guessed a decision in your life. And I'm sure you've never once decided that you wanted more information before making a life altering decision. Foreman decided he wanted more information, was up front about it with the coaching staff, and followed Dabo's rules regarding the steps he needed to take to do so.

What bad message does it send? It sends a much worse message if he decides Clemson was where he wanted to be and the coaches tell him to kick rocks. It sends the message that our coaching staff holds wanting to get the most possible information against players. It shows that they're petty, much like you're being.

Jul 9, 2020, 7:41 PM

I'm sure I've regretted some decision in my life. But I can say I've never made a contract/deal and then backed out of it. I keep my word. I would not have committed to Clemson so early period. The deal is, if you commit to Clemson, you can't do visits. Literally everyone knows that. Foreman was upfront about wanting to break that part of the deal, but Dabo told him at the time that he had to decommit and that he could only keep his spot if no one else took it. He knew the risk going into his decision to decommit. He chose to do so, and his spot got taken.

It's not a bad look for either side. I don't agree with his committing and then backing out (a commitment is by definition a promise). But some kids do that kind of thing, and it seems he was manipulated by his parents. Similarly, Clemson was very clear of what the terms of his commitment and decommitment were. And if they told him the spot was gone, they would be keeping their own word. I don't think either side are the "bad guys" here.

Frankly, you seem immature.

Jul 9, 2020, 8:05 PM

Dude he didn't sign anything. It's literally the equivalent of you being 17 and saying you'll do something, then don't. It's just that your teenage life was irrelevant and weren't in the public eye

Tell 'em coot. Tell 'em about that Muschump recruiting model

Jul 10, 2020, 9:42 AM

This guy is talented, but he's an attention clown. We're good either way. I'm not a fan of this kid.

"Whoever wins, wins" Yeah, not a real big fan of that quote

Jul 10, 2020, 8:01 PM

In the end, he'll get paid (NFL) no matter where he goes to college. Not sure why he feels like making this decision such a parade. Seems rather selfish and narcissistic to me. Not sure he'd be the best teammate. We'll see. One thing is for sure, none of us should be losing any sleep over it.

Jul 10, 2020, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Korey Foreman says he is "building rapport" once again with Clemson coaches ]

I'm sure I've regretted some decision in my life. But I can say I've never made a contract/deal and then backed out of it.

Your problem is viewing a verbal committment over a year before signing day a contract. It's not and viewing it as such is ridiculous.

Jul 14, 2020, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Korey Foreman says he is "building rapport" once again with Clemson coaches ]

Just bc your belief is different than someone else, it doesn't make their opinion or belief wrong. I was raised that you shouldn't commit or decide to do anything until you've given yourself time to think about what committing yourself to, and your answer should be what you can live with regardless of how others feel about the decision you've made bc a person is only as good as their word, and if their word/commitment isn't any good, you can't trust much of anything they tell you. The young man has publically made statements of being All In, 100% committed with declaring the love that he had for Clemson. Then a couple of months later, he is saying that those feeling have changed. I don't know about anyone else, but right now I don't trust or believe in a word that he is saying, I've heard his words before and they meant nothing bc he took them all back in search for another program that he may make the same claims to them as he had already made to Clemson, our coaches, future teammates and our fans base with all of the above excited about his decision to be a part of the Clemson FB program, and he was All IN and 100% committed, how did that 100% committed turn out!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Korey Foreman says he is "building rapport" once again with Clemson coaches ]

Guess you were never 18

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2020, 12:43 AM

No. I went straight from 17 to 21.

Jul 9, 2020, 2:17 PM

Been down this road before. I like the two that are committed to us now! Sounds like Reggie Bush to me.

From his own interviews at the time

Jul 9, 2020, 2:19 PM

in his own words, he wanted(thought he deserved) to take his 5 visits. Clemson told him they would fill the spot and he seemed to, again from his own interviews at the time, get a little "hurt" that other offers went out quick. Now ,again in his own words, he's trying to rekindle what was there. We'll see. Bates is the Perfect Man for the job.

Re: From his own interviews at the time

Jul 9, 2020, 2:32 PM

MRTTMT said:

in his own words, he wanted(thought he deserved) to take his 5 visits. Clemson told him they would fill the spot and he seemed to, again from his own interviews at the time, get a little "hurt" that other offers went out quick. Now ,again in his own words, he's trying to rekindle what was there. We'll see. Bates is the Perfect Man for the job.

He “Deserves” all the visits he can take. True. However, he KNEW for a long time specifically what Dabo’s Policy was. Thus, because of his “5 Star Status”, he believed that Dabo’s policy did not apply to him. Additionally, if he is reluctant due to the commitments of 2 DE’s, then how does he view competition?

Jul 9, 2020, 2:41 PM

These kids are big, strong and fast but they are still younsters so I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt. However, Dabo is none of those (well maybe he is still fast....) but his message is clear and consistent and applies to all as it should. Dabo told him what he would do and he did it - good for him. If KF wants to come back I would welcome him and hope that he maybe grew up just a little bit between his 2 commitments.

Jul 9, 2020, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: From his own interviews at the time ]

Stop it....you don’t know that

Jul 9, 2020, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Re: From his own interviews at the time ]

Dabo does it the right way with recruiting .
The uncommitted kids have all the advantages and the visitation thing is skewed in their favor now to holding a school hostage so to speak .
Dabo tells them 110% or nothing , and his staff keeps it that way throughout the process .
Would losing this kid be a toughy ? Absolutely , but we can all probably agree that integrity through the process and keeping your word to each kid is what Clemson believes in and we've been unbelievably successful under that model with coach Swinney ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 9, 2020, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: From his own interviews at the time ]

If he thought that Dabo's policy didn't apply to him, he would have made the visits while committed and it would have been a point of contention. He did the exact opposite: decommitted because he wanted to take his visits and knew Dabo's policy.

Jul 9, 2020, 6:10 PM

Good point. Plus I can’t imagine the pressure these kids are under. Some forget they are 17 or 18. I wish the worse thing I ever did was decommit from a school. I’d want to take all my visits as well. I wish the best for him wherever he ends up.

People need to get a grip.

Dabo encourages these guys to take all their visits before

Jul 9, 2020, 2:56 PM [ in reply to From his own interviews at the time ]

committing.. unless they know without a shadow of a doubt that they want to commit to Clemson.

The talking heads always make it out like he's strong arming or dictating to them what to do. It just makes a more click baity headline.

But honestly i don't think Dabo would ever think anything negative about a recruit wanting to take visits. He just wants to protect Clemson from guys taking a spot while looking for something else. And that rule is a good way to create some integrity, thats all.

I hope we still have a spot for him if he ever

Jul 9, 2020, 2:42 PM

gets around to wanting to pick us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just think its funny that he committed then

Jul 9, 2020, 2:49 PM

he realized that he was missing out on all the fun/free stuff from going on all the visits. Now all of the recruiting visits are zoom meetings.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

That's not funny at all

Jul 9, 2020, 3:11 PM

He deserves the visits. He did the right thing and de-committed so he could take the visits. Things might not work out for him in the NFL for some unknown reason. This might be the height of his football career. He might need to visit to find out where he belongs. 17 is a tough age to be making such a big decision.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 3:00 PM

He has burned that bridge. Stop acting like your so bad KF. We don't have to beg for you or anyone so keep yourself on the left side of the country and get second best results in CA. Best of luck ego-boi!

Jul 9, 2020, 3:28 PM

How old are you? It never ceases to amaze me when whiny little babies cry online because a 17 year old wasn't 100% sure what he wanted to do and decided to explore his options.

Jul 9, 2020, 9:12 PM

Good thing he’s not director of recruiting , lol.

Jul 9, 2020, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Korey Foreman says he is "building rapport" once again with Clemson coaches ]

I always get a kick out of posts like this. Our coaches actually know this kid because they've met with and talked to him before, and know way more about his situation than any of us fans. Those coaches are still in contact with him which I can't imagine they would be unless they were still interested in taking him.

So obviously our coaches still want him to come to Clemson as long as he commits before all our spots are taken up, but we have fans saying the bridge has been burned, and making up their minds that a kid they've never met has a huge ego because he simply changed his mind and wanted to further review his options.

Jul 9, 2020, 5:55 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Korey Foreman says he is "building rapport" once again with Clemson coaches ]

He has burned that bridge.

He obviously hasn't. And it's hilarious to keep reading this from people you know would be cheering their heads off for him in 3 years while he racks up double digit sacks if he ends up at Clemson. I'm glad our coaching staff isn't as sensitive and immature as many of the people here acting like Foreman personally disrespected them by wanting to gather more information.

Jul 9, 2020, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Korey Foreman says he is "building rapport" once again with Clemson coaches ]

Even and old lady like me knows a troll when I see one! Just not sure which rival school you are from. First post???

Kirby Smart's son

Jul 9, 2020, 10:47 PM

epitome of a troll

The only question out of all of this is...

Jul 9, 2020, 3:07 PM

What the h3ll are they doing at Howard?..

Got a blue-chip Basketball player last weekend...
(Picked HU Over UCLA Kentucky and Memphis)..

Now they're in the running for the #1 football recruit?...

Unbelievable!!!!..

It's obvious they're using the BLM to their advantage.

And hey, kudos to them for using it.

Re: It's obvious they're using the BLM to their advantage.

Jul 9, 2020, 5:17 PM

Caddie said:

And hey, kudos to them for using it.

Who knew that Marxism would become so popular.

Re: It's obvious they're using the BLM to their advantage.

Jul 9, 2020, 5:56 PM [ in reply to It's obvious they're using the BLM to their advantage. ]

Didn't Howard lose their accreditation ? Sounds like a great place to grow

The number 1 QB last year had a community college

Jul 9, 2020, 3:11 PM [ in reply to The only question out of all of this is... ]

on his list

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd be genuinely shocked if this kid ever made it to Clemson. It's not impossible, but there are too many variables working against it.

Clemson may be keeping in touch, but nobody is banking on him. We've already signed 2-stud DE's for 2020.

This young fella has already shown his hand IMOP. I don't think we're in for any new revelations.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 4:08 PM

Cue Gomer Pyle.

Jul 9, 2020, 4:18 PM

Sounds like somebody has been in his ear about Clemson’s “history.” He gone

Translation: Clemson has not told me I still have an offer,

Jul 9, 2020, 4:56 PM

but I'm trying to talk my way back in.

Re: Translation: Clemson has not told me I still have an offer,

Jul 9, 2020, 5:58 PM

Translation - USC hasn't offered me the car I want so I am going to pretend like I might go back to Clemson and get that sled upgraded

Jul 9, 2020, 4:56 PM

I have decided to sit this one out and let Dabo and staff handle it in house. Now, if they decide to ask my opinion, I don't even know what it would be. My main objective each new day is being able to get out of bed.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 5:19 PM

Joe21® said:

I have decided to sit this one out and let Dabo and staff handle it in house. Now, if they decide to ask my opinion, I don't even know what it would be. My main objective each new day is being able to get out of bed.

Joe, as always, you have the Proper and Healthiest perspective!

Jul 9, 2020, 7:49 PM

KF is seeing the bonding our 2021 commits are engaged in wants a piece of it.

Jul 9, 2020, 8:45 PM

The bottom line is Foreman plans 3 visits: LSU, Georgia and us. These are the 3 finalists. Forget the other 4.

I now feel we have a legit shot and are not on the outside looking in.

IMO, it's between us and LSU. If he feels the magic again on his official visit, he probably recommits.

If we get Foreman, Nyland Green and Tristan Leigh, 2021 was a standout recruiting year for us.

Foreman will be a game 1 starter wherever he goes. Guys with his athleticism, motor and technique are very rare. Don't panic when I say this but he might be as good as Bresee is right now (and I think Bresee will be our best D-lineman at season's end - if there is a season).

Jul 9, 2020, 9:31 PM

MoCity said:

The bottom line is Foreman plans 3 visits: LSU, Georgia and us. These are the 3 finalists. Forget the other 4.

I now feel we have a legit shot and are not on the outside looking in.

IMO, it's between us and LSU. If he feels the magic again on his official visit, he probably recommits.

If we get Foreman, Nyland Green and Tristan Leigh, 2021 was a standout recruiting year for us.

Foreman will be a game 1 starter wherever he goes. Guys with his athleticism, motor and technique are very rare. Don't panic when I say this but he might be as good as Bresee is right now (and I think Bresee will be our best D-lineman at season's end - if there is a season).

I’m sure he will play right away, however, I’m not at all certain he’s a Day 1 Starter. In 2021, who do you think he would beat out to become a Starter?

Jul 10, 2020, 3:25 AM

In 2021, the two DE starters would be Foreman and Murphy. Davis and Bresee would start at DT.

That would be our best D-line in history (maybe CFB history) because IMO Bresee will be our best DT ever while Foreman and Murphy might be our top 2 DEs ever.

I really want Foreman back.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Jul 9, 2020, 9:28 PM

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fool me once, shame on you.

Jul 9, 2020, 9:57 PM

I'll bet he won't end up here. Too much of a stigma after changing his mind.

Keep me posted when he gets another tattoo***

Jul 9, 2020, 10:20 PM

We have all been through a lot as a country this year

Jul 9, 2020, 11:11 PM

Imagine being the #1 recruit with crazy attention from all these schools while sitting at home when you had so many plans after committing to Clemson across the country.

You had planned to finish school in May and then go to camp at Clemson then get ready for your senior year but in California you may not even play, your 17 bored and so many schools and friends telling you that you should take your visits.

When I was 17 and if I committed to the real USC and all this mess happened who knows what my decisions would have been.

I’m glad he and coach Bates are still considering him for Clemson.

My personal believe is he will commit to us or LSU because of the Tiger on his forearm. It’s calling to him, come to Clemson, stick with your first Love ??.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: We have all been through a lot as a country this year

Jul 10, 2020, 12:11 AM

NO!!! ??

Goonies never say die

Jul 10, 2020, 1:44 AM

He's good

Jul 10, 2020, 7:54 AM

Korey I'm sure there is nothing anyone here can say to get to over the hump to commit, but this I absolutely know, if you choose Clemson, from that day forward it will absolutely be one of the very best decisions you make in your life! I wish you the very best in your future! Go Tigers!!!

Jul 10, 2020, 8:40 PM

Hulk Korey Ripping Shirt Off

Jul 10, 2020, 9:17 PM

Thanx...but no thanx.

Jul 10, 2020, 9:20 PM

Hey Korey. Go pound sand. Clemson doesn’t need you!

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic