Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Kirk Herbstreit says Swinney's comments provide motivation for the Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

TNET: Kirk Herbstreit says Swinney's comments provide motivation for the Tigers

Dec 3, 2019, 4:28 PM

Kirk Herbstreit says Swinney's comments provide motivation for the Tigers

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney is one of the best in the country at motivating his team to play up to their standard week in and week out, and ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit thinks Swinney’s latest diatribes are his way of providing the chip that fuels his team. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He forgot to add..."and my kids play there so..." :)***

Dec 3, 2019, 4:35 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Herbie Nails it.***

Dec 3, 2019, 4:36 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit says Swinney's comments provide motivation for the Tigers

Dec 3, 2019, 4:40 PM

Dabo is just telling it the way it is, thats all you have to say. The media cant pull the commentary back, now they are making it worse but telling team to shut up and wait until you play someone relevant...I think he missing all the quotes degrading team...I pity the other playoff hopefuls

Tigernet is trying to manufacture controversy.

Dec 3, 2019, 4:47 PM

2019 season is without drama, so Tigernet trying to create it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My heart during UNC game says there was 2019 drama.

Dec 3, 2019, 8:20 PM

I was convinced we were going to lose that game. Dang near did.

I'm a huge doom and gloomer but I never thought we'd lose

Dec 4, 2019, 11:33 AM

that one. Even when they went for 2. I had an odd confidence that we were fine.

If they made to we still had enough time to school ***

Dec 4, 2019, 11:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If they made to we still had enough time to school ***

Dec 4, 2019, 3:09 PM

Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit says Swinney's comments provide motivation for the Tigers

Dec 3, 2019, 5:00 PM

Dabo speaks the truth, does anyone think for 1 second that if bama,lsu,or ohio st were the defending 15-0 champs, had won 27 in a row, and only won a a game by 1 point, would any of those 3 drop from #1?
no way no how. the problem Dabo has is the problem most people have, esecpn and ALL of its employees are going to doubt us until the end. just like last year, with 1 qtr to go herbstriet and fowler were still saying bama was not out of it. truth is they were out of it 2 minutes into the 3rd qtr.

Dec 4, 2019, 6:23 AM

Yes.

Dec 3, 2019, 5:55 PM

Where is the audio of Kirk saying this? Can somebody please link it?

Dec 3, 2019, 6:12 PM

he said as much in the video with Fowler where the headline was "ESPN announcer not a fan of Dabo's comments." If you pair them together, it doesn't look nearly as dramatic.

Dec 3, 2019, 6:05 PM

I'll bet that Dabo's return comment back at Dumbaum burnt a hole in his Pea brain!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2019, 6:13 PM

I disagree with Kirk. I think Dabo was stating what he believes has been genuine disrespect of our program and the ACC in general. He was responding to criticism in a polite and factual way. I do not think this was a subtle attempt to motivate his team. Dabo doesn’t back off when Clemson is criticized but defends the program as he should and as this team deserves. If they are motivated by that, great, but I do not for a second believe that was his intention. He’s just setting the record straight.
See his Clemsoning rant if you doubt it. Tell em Dabo!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2019, 6:24 AM

No chance. Its just motivation and to build a narrative.

Dec 4, 2019, 7:40 AM

I disagree. He is defending his program.

Dec 4, 2019, 6:30 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit says Swinney's comments provide motivation for the Tigers ]

Its a performance, all the way down to "We ain't got no choice because we don't play nobody." Really think Dabo talks that way? You think he really believes the committee sits around trying to justify ways to screw his team? If he thinks Clemson is #1 he should argue that and not drag UGA into it. He can cite UGA's loss to SC all he wants (for the millionth time - it was a bad loss) but he also knows the teams the other top 3 have beaten. He knows his team's resume isn't good so he needs to change the narrative. I'm not sure why. His team is a lock for the playoff.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2019, 7:59 AM

“But Pawll, they don’t play nobody”. Quote from a caller to Finebaum shortly after we beat ALABAMA 44-16 in the National Championship game earlier this year. That’s the excuse, and the narrative, their fans used for losing to Clemson. The woman was almost crying!

I certainly remember it. I am certain a lot of Tigers do to.

Dec 4, 2019, 6:39 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit says Swinney's comments provide motivation for the Tigers ]

I agree 100%. Dabo is tired of being disrespected by a bunch of buffoons that know nothing. His rants were to support the team but mostly to support the players that deserve to be considered for almost all of the post season awards. If he caused some motivation along the way, so be it. But his speeches were genuine and heart felt.

Dec 4, 2019, 6:44 AM

Thats not why Dabo is doing it.

Dec 3, 2019, 11:46 PM

Mic dropped, chip placed on shoulder, actually one chip on each shoulder for good measure....there we go....much better.

Roy bus
Leave no doubt
BYOG
Time to dominate

#seeyouinjanuary

Dec 4, 2019, 5:55 AM

TRIVIA: WHO IS THE RODNEY DANGERFIELD OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL? SO DANGEROUS THAT THEY GET NO RESPECT.

Ol’ Kirk is just trying to deescalate the indictment CDS

Dec 4, 2019, 6:36 AM

Put on ESecPN.

I have a feeling the team has been talking about this already, just as we have on the T-nets. Dabo is absolutely not going to back away from the motivational piece of this, but that’s secondary to the point. And the point is ESecPN is a spin machine that doesn’t favor Clemson. That’s the point- no more, no less.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic