Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: It looks like the 2020 season will happen, but no one knows how it will look
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

TNET: It looks like the 2020 season will happen, but no one knows how it will look

Jun 15, 2020, 8:01 AM

It looks like the 2020 season will happen, but no one knows how it will look

Another step towards playing college football in 2020 takes place this week with the arrival of the rest of the 2020 freshman class. What happens next is anybody’s guess, but at least the guesses are more educated now than they were a month ago.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: It looks like the 2020 season will happen, but no one knows how it will look

Jun 15, 2020, 8:05 AM

I sincerely hope when we play we have a plan for towing Swoffs car away again. Some things need to always be done. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: It looks like the 2020 season will happen, but no one knows how it will look

Jun 15, 2020, 8:10 AM

Restaurants here were jam packed this weekend for twelve hours a day but people can’t sit outside together for four hours.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meeting at the Paw after the game appears out

Jun 15, 2020, 8:28 AM

At least the talking heads wont get worked up with us "storming the field" after beating South Carolina 66-9

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2020, 8:33 AM

If there is going to be a 1/2 full DV, i would pay boo-coo $ to listen in on the conversation between the IPTAY office and those rejected souls... Especially the Suites...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2020, 8:49 AM

In this article, David Hood mentions a football game in Australia with announcers in "the states." That actually happened as long ago as 1982 when we (Clemson) played Wake Forest in what was called the Mirage Bowl, which was in Tokyo. The announcers were in ESPN headquarters in Bristol.

It was not really a bowl, it was a regular season game.

And, yes, I am old. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 15, 2020, 9:01 PM

Ah, yes: the game that was played "tomorrow."

Jun 15, 2020, 9:14 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: It looks like the 2020 season will happen, but no one knows how it will look ]

Did ESPN exist in 1982 and did anyone get it if it did?

Remember listening to that on the radio in middle of the night as a kid. Believe it was Jim Phillips call on radio. The people at the game in Tokyo went crazy and cheered loudly on punt returns and kickoffs. I believe that's the only part they enjoyed and reacted to.

Jun 16, 2020, 2:58 PM

And William Perry was an instant national hero!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve always believed that the season would be played.

Jun 15, 2020, 9:01 AM

There is to much money at stake. Forfeiting the season would financially ruin athletic departments at smaller schools.

The biggest obstacle that I see is, if social distancing is still required when the season starts, how do you do that When traveling to away games sitting in a bus or plane? Maybe they could try chartering extra bases or planes but the cost would be astronomical.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you are talking about the players

Jun 15, 2020, 9:27 AM

I don't think social distancing will be a requirement since blocking and tackling will be required during practice and especially games. Don't see how road games will allow visitors or opposing team bands.

Thanks, yes I was referring to players and staff.***

Jun 15, 2020, 9:54 AM

There isn't social distancing on planes now. Just masks.***

Jun 16, 2020, 10:28 AM [ in reply to I’ve always believed that the season would be played. ]

There isn't social distancing on planes now. Just masks.***

Jun 16, 2020, 10:28 AM [ in reply to I’ve always believed that the season would be played. ]

Jun 15, 2020, 9:07 AM

Better not threaten the Akron game . . . . . . . . it's my first home game since 1990

Don't judge, I've been busy

As long as it "looks like" we win it all I'll be fine with

Jun 15, 2020, 9:08 AM

whatever it "looks like."

Jun 15, 2020, 10:03 AM

What a season will look like for us is comfortable seats in our den and no lines for the bathrooms.

I have a feeling it will look a lot like this

Jun 15, 2020, 10:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I have a feeling it will look a lot like this

Jun 15, 2020, 11:42 AM

POTD!!!

Re: I have a feeling it will look a lot like this

Jun 15, 2020, 9:20 PM [ in reply to I have a feeling it will look a lot like this ]

Yes it will but they may have to hand out Natty hand sanitizer if they want to pass that hardware around.

Jun 15, 2020, 10:35 AM

I remember when we landed a few 4 star guys in a class, that was a great class. And we have 5-5 star guys, and 13-4 star guys in the 2020 class. This class has to be considered and a very awesome class!!!! Great job coaches, Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it will look like a scene out of The Handmaids Tale

Jun 15, 2020, 10:47 AM
hmt.jfif(42.3 K)

Working on my Orange Mask now ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to pee in everyone's cereal this morning

Jun 15, 2020, 11:29 AM

but there were thousands of new COVID-19 cases diagnosed in South Carolina over the weekend.

The uptick in new cases is very concerning. People seem to think that COVID is going away now due to reopening, and a media focus on racial issues, but it's looking a lot like we are going to see another surge in cases.

You better believe the decision makers are watching this closely.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Dum Spiro Spero...***

Jun 15, 2020, 11:40 AM

Jun 15, 2020, 4:42 PM

As long as the games are all televised, I am fine.

Jun 15, 2020, 9:03 PM

I don't care where the announcers stand.

I just don't want a shortage of camera operators. ACC refs need as many eyes as they can get. It's the camera guys that make a game worth watching.

Jun 16, 2020, 11:00 AM

All I am going to say is you better start mentally preparing yourselves for football to "look different"! What I am hearing from inside athletic department has ideas from the extreme end with no tailgating and no fans in the stands....all the way to limits on tailgating and limits on fans in the stands. But, I have not heard/seen anything that looks like full tailgating and all fans in the stands. It is going to be different.

Jun 16, 2020, 3:05 PM

Yep, no one is going to know for quite a while. I saw where Ohio State plans to limit to about 20,000 with NO STUDENTS allowed. Good luck with that. The surges in cases in states that opened up too fast (unfortunately SC is the poster child for that one) is troubling but we've still got a couple of months for it to slow back down. Fans can be left out (won't be fun but it can be done) but what will make or break the year is how the additional positive cases that we know will come, will be handled in the later summer and fall. Will entire teams be quarantined? And for how long?

Jun 16, 2020, 5:22 PM

This.

Streeter has to get Taisun ready to play right away just in case (despite early enrollment, DJ had very little spring practice, so I assume Taisun begins the season as the backup).

TL16 is a tough kid, but a positive test will knock him out for possibly multiple games. Since we play in the ACC, the CFP SC will cut us only a minimum of slack if we lose a game with TL quarantined.

But then there's the question if TL could get sick without the rest of the QB room also getting it.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic