Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Instant Analysis: Miami never stood a chance against top-ranked Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,557

TNET: Instant Analysis: Miami never stood a chance against top-ranked Clemson

Oct 10, 2020, 11:23 PM

Instant Analysis: Miami never stood a chance against top-ranked Clemson

As the remnants of Hurricane Delta made for wet and sloppy conditions in Death Valley Saturday night, the Canes of Miami never stood a chance. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Instant Analysis: Miami never stood a chance against top-ranked Clemson

Oct 10, 2020, 11:27 PM

I wasn't worried and didn't think they had much of a chance. I figured our offense would move the ball fairly easily and score at least 40. I also thought our D-line would completely dominate tonight.

However, our CBs were the story. The few times King had time to throw, our CBs totally owned their receivers. The defense overall exceeded my expectations. My guess was the final score would be 42-21. In my mind, they only scored 10 because the blocked FG never should have been attempted.

Botton line: We looked like the #1 team in the nation!

Re: TNET: Instant Analysis: Miami never stood a chance against top-ranked Clemson

Oct 10, 2020, 11:52 PM

I agree. Our D was lights out. I was worried about the Miami O but our D was so well prepared and focused. I was frustrated with the offense, we left a lot of points on the field. Maybe it’s my dislike for Miami but I would have enjoyed seeing the offense as sharp as the D and really sent them home feeling completely second rate.

Oct 11, 2020, 12:49 AM

Knowing in their hearts that Dabo gave them 7 points, I'm sure they feel way over rated!!! I heard the announcers say that Miami felt they were champions, and would use Clemson as a tune up game. They left turned up on their champion A$$!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Total domination

Oct 11, 2020, 6:10 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Instant Analysis: Miami never stood a chance against top-ranked Clemson ]

I agree... it was good to finally see Clemson LOOK LIKE the #1 team in the nation! As was Dabo's motto last year (or was it the year before?), they left no doubt!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Defense

Oct 10, 2020, 11:50 PM

The stars were all out tonight. Total team win. And we have recognized Coach V for the master that he is. But tonight he truly delivered a defensive masterpiece. That was a relentless shutdown of Miami. I am in awe.

So when when when

Oct 11, 2020, 12:34 AM

Will we start getting the turn over chain to melt it down for the latches on the ring boxes?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So when when when

Oct 11, 2020, 12:44 AM

BC those turnover chains are only fit to melt down and make toilet paper rollers out of them bc they belong in a chit house somewhere!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 7:44 AM

TL was a little pissed that he was targeted on that run too. Thus, the spike. I’ll give him a pass. 4 in one game with 2 not being called.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2020, 11:50 AM

There's probably 100 potential targeting calls in each and every game. They just pick and choose which ones they call.
I hate the rule, personally. Sure, throw the flag for personal foul, but don't throw the players out and have them sit out the next half of the following game. It's stupid and has done nothing to lesson the targeting. Check out a standard SEC game. Tons of late hits and targeting not called.

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,557
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic