Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Inside the recruitment: Uiagalelei not afraid to sit a year, wants to play baseball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

TNET: Inside the recruitment: Uiagalelei not afraid to sit a year, wants to play baseball

May 6, 2019, 7:01 AM

Inside the recruitment: Uiagalelei not afraid to sit a year, wants to play baseball

As one of the nation’s most sought-after prospects, many wondered why 5-star quarterback DJ Uiagalelei would choose a school that already has a generational quarterback in place and sits completely across the country from his California home. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are blessed to have a new member

May 6, 2019, 7:11 AM

of the family!!! Welcome to Tigertown DJ!!!

Love his measurables . . . Love his attitude more!!!

How big was Monte’s grin when DJ committed?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We are blessed to have a new member

May 6, 2019, 10:47 AM

Not just another great recruit, but also another great human being with a great attitude and a great faith based foundation. He has chosen very wisely, and it looks like so did we. Also, very glad he is interested in playing baseball, too. Our BB team could use a huge shot in the arm, for sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like we're in for a great ride!

May 6, 2019, 8:04 AM

Almost all of the top uncommitted receivers are from California. We haven't offered any, though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Inside the recruitment: Uiagalelei not afraid to sit a year, wants to play baseball

May 6, 2019, 8:14 AM

How is he regarded in baseball? I hope the baseball draft doesnt eliminate him coming to Clemson?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Inside the recruitment: Uiagalelei not afraid to sit a year, wants to play baseball

May 6, 2019, 9:14 AM

Don't quote me but I think I remember reading he can throw pretty hard high 80's low 90's.

Some guy named Trev4Prez said

May 6, 2019, 9:24 AM

"...he can throw pretty hard high 80's low 90's."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some guy named Trev4Prez said

May 6, 2019, 9:56 AM

? I know what I said.

May 6, 2019, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Inside the recruitment: Uiagalelei not afraid to sit a year, wants to play baseball ]

He has a 95 mph fast ball, and he isn't going into baseball yet, and I have read that he has confirmed that!!! He will be a CU QB for at least 3 years, and hopefully that leads to two more NC wins. We are on top for a while now, and as Dabo says, you ain't seen nothing yet bc, the best "Is yet to come" for our Clemson University FB program!!!!!!! Gooooooo TigerSSSSS

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2019, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Inside the recruitment: Uiagalelei not afraid to sit a year, wants to play baseball ]

He is a very, very good pitcher, with a fastball that sits 93-95 mph. He will likely be drafted by some team, probably pretty highly, but I believe he’s said before he intends to focus on football first and foremost, while also playing baseball. I think his dream is the NFL. Also, if he enrolls early at Clemson and begins playing/practicing baseball with the team he will be ineligible for that year’s draft in June 2020, and that sounds like his plan based on this article.

May 6, 2019, 10:51 AM

That is what I have read also, he will be an active Clemson Tiger!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2019, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Inside the recruitment: Uiagalelei not afraid to sit a year, wants to play baseball ]

Since he'll start school in January he will not be eligible for the draft until after his junior season in Baseball. So there is absolutely no reason to worry about baseball. The MLB cannot draft him for 3 years once he enrolls in school. That's why Beer stayed as long as he did. He wanted the experience of college and had to wait. Go Tigers.

May 6, 2019, 8:43 AM

DJ and his entire family are class acts through & through!! There is nothing like Clemson in terms of all the positives surrounding the University & the sports programs...excellent academics, beautiful environment, happiest students, most passionate/caring fanbase, visionary administration & coaches....It IS The Total Package & was a No Brainer for someone as smart as DJ!! Welcome to the family, Uiagalelei’s....so happy to have this west coast family join us!!

May 6, 2019, 10:02 AM

I love that he will learn from and push TL. TL will have a tough choice to make after his junior year knowing it can affect multiple people’s lives - Chase and D.J. specifically.

May 6, 2019, 10:09 AM

While nothing is for certain, it shouldn’t be a very hard decision for TL. He was an early enrollee, so he should likely have his degree. There is no reason to believe he won’t be the projected #1 pick when that time comes. When this is the case, almost anyone would leave after their junior year of playing for the NFL.

May 6, 2019, 11:02 AM

Peyton Manning didn’t, and he is TL’s favorite player and the reason he wears #16. TL isn’t just anybody. He’s a special breed who plays for the love of the game. I can very easily see him coming back his senior year.

May 8, 2019, 1:08 AM

Yep, TL is quirky awesome and doesn't always do what most young men would given the same choice.

Don't remember exact wording but he said with a rather straight face only mild smile few times when asked if he was gonna win 2 more NC's, responded 'hopefully 3 more' and other comments that he's not sure he would want to leave after 3.

May 6, 2019, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Inside the recruitment: Uiagalelei not afraid to sit a year, wants to play baseball ]

TL was thought to be NFL ready (questionable IMO) out of HS. I have also read and heard by the X-spurts that he would be an NFL #1 pick if he would have been draft-able in this recent draft. He only gets better playing the competition we go against and beat in post season under the coaching/tutoring of Brandon Streeter.

I will admit that I had doubts about Streeter when he first become a part of Dabo's coaching staff bc I first believed that he was just a part of the Clemson connection that Dabo was bringing in to be a part of his coaching staff. My main concerns of Streeter were that all of his stops was at really small schools, and he didn't have any big time college experience. I am now glad to admit that Streeter has become a great fit and an asset for Dabo's coaching staff. Myself, and I'm sure that others have seen the progression that Trevor made from the first time he stepped on the field at Clemson, and the QB he became by the end of the season under Streeter's coaching. I now feel that Brandon Streeter has become a valuable asset to Dabo and our young QB'S. Now Dabo just has to hold on to him, bc teams will be coming for him after he has settled into his own with coaching the QB'S at a big time elite college FB program!!!

May 6, 2019, 1:05 PM

We all saw what he did for Cole Stoudt after just a month of working with him. That's why so many were surprised how Kelly Bryant didn't greatly improve. I expect TL to even be better this fall and guide our Tigers to another NC. Go Tigers.

May 6, 2019, 10:28 AM

Very excited by this commitment!! Love his attitude: “It’s time to rock”!! His attitude about sports and life in general is pretty impressive!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 6, 2019, 10:42 AM

I may have completely missed it in this article or the other ones done on DJ. What position does he play in regards to baseball. It’s obvious he has a heck of an arm so I assume pitcher.

QB's are usually

May 6, 2019, 4:12 PM

pitchers or outfielders. But I believe he is primarily a pitcher

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic