Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Happy Anniversary Dabo Swinney: Time flies when you're having fun
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

TNET: Happy Anniversary Dabo Swinney: Time flies when you're having fun

Oct 13, 2020, 12:38 PM

Happy Anniversary Dabo Swinney: Time flies when you're having fun

Kathleen Swinney pecked her husband on the cheek well after midnight early Tuesday morning and wished him a happy anniversary. Dabo Swinney’s mind went blank for a second – their wedding anniversary is in the summer – and then she reminded him. It’s been 12 years since he was named as the interim head coach of the Tigers. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Happy Anniversary Dabo Swinney: Time flies when you're having fun

Oct 13, 2020, 12:42 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2020, 1:53 PM

Happy Anniversary to you
Happy Anniversary to you
Happy Anniversary Coach Dabo
We need another Natty from you.

Re: TNET: Happy Anniversary Dabo Swinney: Time flies when you're having fun***

Oct 13, 2020, 12:42 PM

Re: TNET: Happy Anniversary Dabo Swinney: Time flies when you're having fun***

Oct 13, 2020, 1:38 PM

My son and I drove down from Illinois to see his 1st game. Watching CDS during the game, I told my son at that time he was the right choice although he lost that game. My son has reminded me of that several times. Happy Anniversary coach. Hope you have many more at Clemson University.

Oct 13, 2020, 2:10 PM

Happy Anniversary Coach!!!!!!

One of the best moves Clemson ever made - THANKS DABO

Oct 13, 2020, 2:28 PM

GO TIGERS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2020, 3:11 PM

Happy Anniversary Dabo Swinney: Time flies when you're having fun

Kathleen Swinney pecked her husband on the cheek well after midnight early Tuesday morning and wished him a happy anniversary. Dabo Swinney’s mind went blank for a second – their wedding anniversary is in the summer – and then she reminded him. It’s been 12 years since he was named as the interim head coach of the Tigers. Full Story »

Happy Anniversary Coach Dabo Swinney, and hoping you have many more at Clemson as good as these past 12 have been. I like the choice when you were hired as our FB program HC, and I have become to love you, and everything that your Head Coaching success has brought to Clemson far beyond just a winning FB program.

If what you have done at Clemson don't prove way beyond any doubts that sports and education are a perfect match together, then I don't have a clue what would. Because of Dabo's success with the FB program with playing in, and bringing National Championships back to Clemson in the biggest college sport in America, Clemson has grew in size many times over, it all began bc the fun and growth is with the winning. GO Clemson University, Go Dabo Swinney, and the Clemson family!!!!

Happy Happy Anniversary to Dabo and the Swinney Family, and Thank You for making Clemson FB Great again!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Greatest even in Clemson history the hiring of coach Swinney***

Oct 13, 2020, 5:34 PM

Thank you Terry Don Phillips***

Oct 13, 2020, 6:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Thank you Terry Don Phillips***

Oct 13, 2020, 8:18 PM

Yes, thank you Dr. Phillips! Our coach remains one of the coolest birthday gifts I've ever gotten!

Oct 13, 2020, 6:18 PM

Thanks for the ride Dabo.
Happy anniversary!
Tigernation loves you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Knew Him As Recruiter 1st

Oct 13, 2020, 6:28 PM

I first saw his name attached to some of the best players who were coming to Clemson. Didn't really realize he was the WR coach. I was a person interested in who was helping Clemson start landing these better type players! It was this guy Dabo Swinney.

When the announcement was made I am reminded every so often from a few co-workers "about me saying this dude will win at Clemson"! The only thing I knew about him for certain was that he seemed to have a knack for bringing in the players! At the time my mindset was like some other small minded folks and too simple: "if we have better players it must automatically mean we win more games"!
Of course, half of that is true! Little did I know the rest this man had to offer besides being a great recruiter!
He has sacrificed his own salary in order to keep assistants happy; which has meant a cohesive staff. He has created something that will be in kids minds for years! There are kids in 1st and 2nd grade who want to wear that Clemson Orange!
He brought Clemson to where it should have always been - at the front among the best!

Thank You Coach Swinney!

And thank you to everyone behind the scenes who had anything to do with hiring, retaining and believing in him! Without you all this current run would not be possible.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2020, 7:43 PM

God bless you, Coach Swinney. You have been a "gift from Heaven" for Clemson fans. The scripture says for us to "covet earnestly the best gifts." 1 Cor 12:31

Oct 13, 2020, 8:40 PM

Amen and thank you Dabo.

Oct 14, 2020, 7:55 AM

I first encountered Coach Swinney while he was still WR coach and recruiting coordinator, at a spring Saturday morning affair for Cub Scouts. I was impressed at the time by how, despite having more "important" things to do than speak to a room full of 9- and 10-year-olds, he came to the event "All In" for those young scouts - before any of us had heard that phrase.
Remember how discouraged and disengaged so many of the players were under Tommy Bowden? I knew from recalling the way Dabo interacted with those Cub Scouts -- and the way the players who came to the event with him followed his lead -- that those discouraged Tigers would PLAY for this man, and I said so to my coworkers when the interim announcement was made.
I have never had a moment's doubt that TDP made the right decision. Nobody knew what would happen, but even if we had not had the stellar success we have enjoyed, I would still say with all my heart that Coach Swinney was what the program needed in so many aspects.
Congratulations and happy anniversary, Coach, and thank you!
Go Tigers!

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic