Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: GT coach after being asked if Clemson ran up score: "We've got to worry about us"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

TNET: GT coach after being asked if Clemson ran up score: "We've got to worry about us"

Oct 17, 2020, 5:46 PM

GT coach after being asked if Clemson ran up score: "We've got to worry about us"

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney has been known to let off the gas against outmatched opponents once his team gets a big lead, with handoffs and basic run plays the formula used for running out the clock. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you can’t stop our fifth string that’s on you.***

Oct 17, 2020, 5:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

They did stop our 5th string QB

Oct 17, 2020, 6:49 PM

they couldn't stop the 4th string though

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They did stop our 5th string QB

Oct 18, 2020, 5:13 AM

you are correct. our punter playing as a quarterback did not score.
but he DID complete some passes.

good job Georgia Tech.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Why would you finish with “ But it's a good point.”?

Oct 17, 2020, 5:56 PM

He was doing fine until then.

If a guy I’ve never heard of throws for two TDs against you, that is not our fault. You are a FBS football team in a Power 5 conference.

null

Was that a micro aggression towards you

Oct 17, 2020, 7:16 PM

Geez!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

That last comment is the point...

Oct 17, 2020, 10:00 PM

...without that, it was fine. No big deal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: TNET: GT coach after being asked if Clemson ran up score: "We've got to worry about us"

Oct 17, 2020, 6:07 PM

Well all those kids that got to go to the game, they were hoping that the score would get to where they could play, it did, and you can't expect them to go out on the field and just lay down. As a coach, you want them to play the best they can to see where they're at in their teaching. And when your 3d, 4th, and 5th string guys are scoring, the other team should be educating they're backups to see if they actually have any better players than the ones that was getting the chit kicked out of them by 3d, 4th, and 5th string players. When we're ahead, allow the backups to play to the best of their ability!!! It's the opposing defense job to stop them, not the coach that is winning and giving his younger guys some playing time!!!!

Re: TNET: GT coach after being asked if Clemson ran up score: "We've got to worry about us"

Oct 17, 2020, 10:26 PM

I agree totally. One of the reasons Clemson "reloads" as opposed to "rebuilds" is because Dabo worries about HIS team. Dabo plays more players in games than any other team in the Power 5, yet when he puts in the 2's, 3's,4's and even the punter, the opposing teams leave their starters in, trying to score and make the score look more respectable, I suppose. These other programs may improve if they would play their backups when the game is out of hand, and give them some game time experience. And as the "Head Ball Coach" once said, "it's not my job to stop us, it's your's!"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“But it’s a good point”

Oct 17, 2020, 6:08 PM

Are they supposed to just take a knee? Did you ask for a running clock?

Oct 17, 2020, 6:28 PM

I thought the GT Coach did a very good job addressing a stupid question. Everybody watching the game knew that once TL came out of the game it was "play the subs time." Shucks when this happens with 2 quarters to play one can not expect the "Subs" to lay down. Dang! I hate stupid questions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What kind of puszy even asks that

Oct 17, 2020, 6:34 PM

His journalism card should be taken

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pelosi backer

Oct 17, 2020, 10:22 PM

nm

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

probably the same one that asked TL if people though he

Oct 18, 2020, 7:46 AM [ in reply to What kind of puszy even asks that ]

was soft

When you're playing against the punter at quarterback

Oct 17, 2020, 6:38 PM

it's probably safe to say the coaches weren't trying to run up the score.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

should have quit trying to score in the first half

Oct 17, 2020, 6:41 PM

Haha that one was classic.

Oct 18, 2020, 7:52 AM

“F— you, Dabo!”
(for scoring points in the first half)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2020, 6:46 PM

Props to the Ga. Tech coach for his statement-
" We have to worry about US!) sure any coach is going to be upset with a beating like that.

As stated by others, how do you ask kids to go in there and just lay down, The fourth string QB- is now the third string QB and possible the second string QB if DJ- is still banged up.

Saw that the back up QB broke a bone in his hand-

He said the right thing even if it's not really true

Oct 17, 2020, 9:54 PM

I have no problem with him telling the press it was a problem of execution and a slim "margin for error".

Remember, they have several games left to play and he's gotta pick up the pieces from today and build.

Then they needed to burn clock and quit sitting on the run.

Oct 17, 2020, 10:21 PM

They did the same thing Wake did the other year. Quick 3 & out and then not play smart defense. Poof! You get boat raced!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2020, 1:06 AM

I remember Barry Switzer, when he was the Sooners coach was asked about running up the score on Kansas or some other Big 8 sacrificial lamb. His response? "Am I supposed to tell the 3rd string fullback who might not ever get to play again to just fall down every time he touches the ball?" I mean, we had a freshman walk on 4th string QB in there scoring. Then the punter throwing to the coaches kids, the trainers sons, the towel boys cousin and im pretty sure the equipment managers were suiting up. THey ran the offense. Heck, the best defense Tech had was our QB2 passing today, so no one should complain.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2020, 3:17 AM

My sister who is a UNC fan said "I thought Dabo didn't run up the score?" My response, "We put in everyone we could including the water boys and girls...".

Oct 19, 2020, 8:37 AM

I think this was a class response by the GT coach. Instead of whining about the other coach, he owned it, and readily acknowledges how far they have to go.

I expect GT is going to make some progress from this guy. And not because I like the way he paid homage. He is energetic, and is smart to start the rebuild by going mostly after a specific recruiting market (Atlanta), rather than spread himself too thin.

Tony Elliott says...

Oct 22, 2020, 2:22 PM

“Our goal is to score whenever our offense goes on the field.”Simple as that. Whether it it is 1st team, 2nd team , third team, etc..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic