Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Football parking, construction and facilities update for 2019 football season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

TNET: Football parking, construction and facilities update for 2019 football season

Jun 21, 2019, 8:01 AM

Football parking, construction and facilities update for 2019 football season

A top three Clemson team will kick off the 2019 football season in 69 days against ACC foe Georgia Tech, and a quick drive around the athletic facilities shows that work is being done in and around Death Valley. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can we get a bigger video screen any time in the near future***

Jun 21, 2019, 8:26 AM

Re: Can we get a bigger video screen any time in the near future***

Jun 21, 2019, 8:59 AM

Coming in 2020

Keep that talk going and they'll take it away completely.***

Jun 21, 2019, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Can we get a bigger video screen any time in the near future*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Can we get a bigger video screen any time in the near future***

Jun 22, 2019, 2:42 AM [ in reply to Can we get a bigger video screen any time in the near future*** ]

What I got from the interview was “we’re going to pave paradise and Take out a parking spot”

Top 3 Clemson? How about Defending National Champions and #1 until proven otherwise Clemson Tigers

Jun 21, 2019, 8:27 AM

Thanks for the construction update, campus always looks a little different each season with all the new construction.

Re: TNET: Football parking, construction and facilities update for 2019 football season

Jun 21, 2019, 8:33 AM

Best is the standard but no one said anything about parking. So bring your best walking shoes. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That there is the darndest quote that I have ever

Jun 21, 2019, 8:39 AM

read right there on the TigerNets. And that there is the truth.... right there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"But that is the one noticeable thing there by the stadium

Jun 21, 2019, 9:07 AM

that will impact some of the things there around the stadium.”

Well said, Jeff!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

So in essence, the chicken little routine as far as parking

Jun 21, 2019, 9:24 AM

worked to a T

net loss of 100 spaces, net loss of 20 spaces near stadium (140 ave of champ - 120 new in lot 5).

but the repeated "warnings" probably did the job of getting everyone to increase giving across the board.

Re: So in essence, the chicken little routine as far as parking

Jun 21, 2019, 9:49 AM

the numbers sound good but the real impact is the ripple affect of losing the 140, they will displace 140 who will displace 140 ... doesn't sound like alot but definitely impacts almost every level and every lot....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So in essence, the chicken little routine as far as parking

Jun 21, 2019, 11:01 AM

I get that, but the addition of 120 spaces in lot 5 which is one of the closest lots to the stadium in my mind should really make that domino effect 20 or so.

Lot 5 and Jervey Meadows

Jun 22, 2019, 10:57 AM [ in reply to So in essence, the chicken little routine as far as parking ]

I have a friend whose construction company is doing the Lot 5 work. He says the addition will add more like 150 spots which should equal the loss next to the stadium.

BUT the real ripple effect will be the Jervey Meadows loss of 500 spaces. That loss will make a lot of changes all the way down the line. Oh well. Go Tigers !!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Football parking, construction and facilities update for 2019 football season

Jun 21, 2019, 9:33 AM

It’s a sad day when an on-campus college stadium feels the need to “implement” any ideas found at sterile, corporatized NFL venues. I know people are crazy and it’s a new age blah blah blah but I guarantee you 95% of all new security measures have one purpose: keep the school from getting sued.

95% of all costs are due to frivolous lawsuits

Jun 21, 2019, 2:00 PM

so a friend told me

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Jun 21, 2019, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Football parking, construction and facilities update for 2019 football season ]

Metal detecting is a farce... Plastic detecting is the real... And as near as i can see, a crowd around a gate is just as vulnerable as a crowd around the seating...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2019, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Football parking, construction and facilities update for 2019 football season ]

So you are saying that nothing they are doing is for the safety of fans that come to the games, and that all the removing, digging up, and covering of the grounds with even more concrete/asphalt is all for the defense of the school from being sued. Wouldn't it have been cheaper to have just bought a few insurance policies to have done that without defacing Clemson landscape even more in the name of protection from a lawsuit.

Well personally,I believe that Clemson do put the safety of the students, employees, fans, and visitors of away opponents that visit DV as their #1 concern, as well as for the institution liability. liability is the key word here bc, it would be foolish if Clemson didn't make use of devices that would saved life of all people entering DV.

I would bet any amount of money that if the people in charge of safety at Sandy Hook Elementary School would have ever thought that a crazy person would one day walk through their doors and start slaughtering Elementary School children and teachers, there would have been what ever devices necessary to stop that crazy person before he ever come through the door at their school!!!

Now take that same type of crazy person, and imagine how many innocent people he/she could kill in DV with with 20, 16 round magazines that equals 320 rounds taped to their body with a 9mm simi auto pistol. Safety should be top priority this day and time, and I sure wouldn't want myself, a family member, fan, or anyone else being shot and laying where we were shot bleeding to death and trampled by the people trying to get away from a crazy person that walked right into DV without anything to warn the necessary people that an idiot heavily armed is trying to walk in. IMO, bomb sniffing dogs should also be a part of the safety measures at Clemson's DV!!! And for those that believe that it's stupid and a burden to them, stay at home bc, game time in front of your big screen TV at home is the best seat for any game, home or away!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2019, 10:17 AM

Has the RV parking plan been printed out yet?

I take it there are no new Dippin Dots flavors to report ?

Jun 21, 2019, 1:16 PM

Sigh.

Jun 21, 2019, 1:34 PM

The softball stadium should have been built at y beach. Then the ladies would have had the most impressive softball field in the country with plenty of parking and everything they needed instead of being jammed where it is..
everything can't continue to be located by the football stadium.

Not much fun to have to park in remote lots and being bussed to football games

Another relic of the past? Ticket windows and booths at

Jun 21, 2019, 1:51 PM

stadiums and arenas.

Jun 21, 2019, 1:58 PM

Bad news: My parking space is getting moved out again
Good news: it's only a 20 minute drive to my parking space now (I live in Atlanta)

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Jun 21, 2019, 2:20 PM

If 2018 did not have a sellout game at home, and there's more excitement about 2019 season, dropping 100 parking spaces will be problematic. At a minimum we have to find more than 18,200 spaces for the 2019 season. Guys come on. This is not an option; it's a necessity. Or be prepared to stress out for every 2019 home game. Go Tigers! 1972

parking will be a problem for 3 games***

Jun 21, 2019, 4:40 PM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

A new video would be sooooo nice!! Please!!!***

Jun 21, 2019, 5:52 PM

Jun 22, 2019, 3:22 PM

At some point, a parking garage on campus would solve parking issues year round.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic