Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Final grades: Clemson's corner rotation, play was inconsistent
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

TNET: Final grades: Clemson's corner rotation, play was inconsistent

Jan 14, 2021, 8:01 AM

Final grades: Clemson's corner rotation, play was inconsistent

Clemson had plenty of talent in the cornerback room but consistency was an issue during the 2020 season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Final grades: Clemson's corner rotation, play was inconsistent

Jan 14, 2021, 8:09 AM

I thought throughout the season that Fred Davis should be playing more, if not starting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2021, 8:49 AM

A C+ is less than a winning grade whether in school or on the football field. I am glad to see honest assessments because what we have seen over the last couple of seasons are defenses that are good enough to beat the weak ACC teams we play but cannot hold up against the top teams. Better recruiting of corners in today's passing crazy world has to happen if we are to continue to be a playoff contender.

Jan 14, 2021, 8:50 AM

This is the one position where I think the rotation was too generous. I have no idea who our starters were and the constant rotation seemed to hinder chemistry. Some of this can be blamed on the items mentioned in the article, but not all. My hope for 2021 is that some clear starters emerge.

Jan 14, 2021, 8:59 AM

I would hope that Kendrick had a long heart to heart talk with Dabo,before deciding to return ?? He has the physical traits to be one of the better corners, if he can get his attitude adjusted ?? He can't help the team,sitting in the ""Love Shack"" but if he really wants the NFL,he can become a strong senior leader & on field coach** just has to want it bad enough to get over himself** Remember,he came to Clemson as a receiver and switched to corner,when we needed him** another instant,when the coaches try to put the best players on the field______ GO TIGERS !!!

D+/C-***

Jan 14, 2021, 9:35 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2021, 10:07 AM

Unfortunately just because a group comes back that performed poorly it doesn’t mean they will be better the next year. Like Abe Lincoln said “There are no bad pictures. Sometimes that’s just how your face looks”.

Jan 14, 2021, 10:11 AM

Booth is the truth!
Good things do seem to happen when he's in action.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2021, 11:18 AM

One of the position groups I’m least worried about making a big turnaround in ‘21. Mike Reed has proven over the years that he both recruits and puts a good product on the field.

Jan 14, 2021, 11:46 AM

Lots of talent in this group, however when everyone coming back I hope playing time is based on performance and not seniority.

Jan 14, 2021, 12:50 PM

Derion Kendrick has choked in the playoffs 2 years in a row. Clemson's secondary would be better off to look for someone else at corner who can perform better, especially in big games. Hopefully a better cornerbacks coach will make a difference also.

DK, Booth, Greene, Davis

Jan 14, 2021, 2:00 PM

The rest have not progressed and should play special teams only IMHO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any else wonder why all these guys are all skinny?

Jan 14, 2021, 4:06 PM

There's an obvious mandate/desire to keep them all in the at 175 range. Go look at our CFP competition and then compare. I'm assuming its to keep them fast but they'll be fast even if they put on another 15-20 pounds or muscle too. WE need bigger safeties and corners to compete with bigger WRs and TE's. Maybe its just my imagination but they had no chance at stopping Sermon in a one on one tackle situation. Hopefully its just youth and they'll grow up but i don't know. Our best secondary players in the last 10 years have been the bigger guys (other than Cordrea.)

why did booth not get more run late in the year and vs OSU?

Jan 14, 2021, 5:24 PM

would like to see him stay healthy for back2back games

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic