Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ESPN's Davis and Herbstreit say Irish have to attack Clemson secondary
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

TNET: ESPN's Davis and Herbstreit say Irish have to attack Clemson secondary

Dec 9, 2018, 8:01 AM

ESPN's Davis and Herbstreit say Irish have to attack Clemson secondary

Make Trevor Lawrence uncomfortable and challenge Clemson’s secondary. According to ESPN’s Rece Davis and Kirk Herbstreit, those are the keys for a Notre Dame upset of Clemson when the teams face off in Arlington later this month. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

water is wet

Dec 9, 2018, 8:24 AM

Coach V will have them ready.

Re: water is wet

Dec 9, 2018, 1:21 PM

Exactly! In order for Notre Dane to win they will need to score more points than Clemson does, thanks for the insight :)

Re: TNET: ESPN's Davis and Herbstreit say Irish have to attack Clemson secondary

Dec 9, 2018, 8:47 AM

neutral site game hopefully insures kelly's eyes dont bug out again. it was not a great look for him

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ESPN's Davis and Herbstreit say Irish have to attack Clemson secondary

Dec 9, 2018, 8:55 AM

Based on 2 games I guess they have to say it but they seem to forget the other games with passing QBs. Duke and NC State come to mind. If the DBs play their assignments, it will be fine.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Venables will have our guys ready!!***

Dec 9, 2018, 11:25 AM

Dec 9, 2018, 11:31 AM

Did you come up with this by yourself Herbstreit?
Duh attacking and then having time to attack is the the key . Except for 2 games this year and both of those were lucky as he ll, we have been fine.
I’m almost willing to bet that ND only scores around 10 when the game is still a game .
31-17 Tigers ! ND scores late to make it that close .
The Tiger D will control this game from start to finish.

Dec 9, 2018, 11:49 AM

Maybe I missed it … but did Herbstreit and Davis lay out the tactics and strategy for Clemson to pummel ND?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND v Alabama would get higher ratings.

Dec 9, 2018, 12:49 PM

For about 15 minutes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 9, 2018, 11:51 AM

My hope is the Tiger defense puts pressure on ND's qb throughout the game to keep their offense off balance. This includes a less pourous pass defense. BV should have the D ready to get after the ND O all game long. TL has gotten better each and every game and the results have made the offense as balanced as any team in the CFP.

Dec 10, 2018, 1:13 AM

The biggest mismatch in this game is our O-line vs. your D-line. Notre Dame's O-line is still a work in progress after losing Alex Bars, who was arguably the best player in the entire offense, in the Stanford game. That is not to say that our O-line is weak, but yours is probably the best D-line in the FBS, better than Michigan's. Michigan pretty much set up camp in our backfield, and it was mainly Wimbush's elusiveness that equalized that threat. Book is pretty elusive, but Wimbush as a runner is at another level altogether. Too bad he can't pass very well.

Dec 9, 2018, 11:53 AM

We've all heard of "Coach Speak". This is simply "ESecPN Speak".

Herbie has to say something. I am good with his vantage point.

I like Grady's vantage point better . . . "Clemson takes care of business 40-17. The Tigers will control the game from start to finish."

So who do you choose to believe, a loose lipped ESecPN commentator or a Clemson Man?!!!

Never a doubt . . . Go Tigers!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2018, 12:12 PM

No doubt we give up a ton of yards against passing teams, but along with giving up those yards, when they get into the red zone, everything they get will be very hard to get. Our defense gets very stingy against any team in the red zone, and the closer to the goal line they get, Inches is very hard to get away from our defense!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2018, 12:29 PM

What most seem to have short term memory with, the games that have been close early, we have had quite a few balls dropped in critical downs. Hopefully with this time between our next game, TL and our receivers will put the time in getting more use to the way TL delivers his passes bc that has seem to be a mystery at times especially with our experienced receivers....

Dec 9, 2018, 12:41 PM

Hopefully our D line will keep pressure on the QB and help our secondary cover. You know those espn guys are always wanting an upset to give them something more to talk about.

Ok Reed, Conn and company....

Dec 9, 2018, 2:53 PM

I guess this is your calling card to step up big. Especially Muse and Wallace.

Duh

Dec 9, 2018, 6:35 PM

No ship. Right down the middle.

That's terrible advise.

Dec 9, 2018, 6:49 PM

ND needs to get the ball out quickly. There's no way ND's offensive line is going to hold our defense of their QB long enough for deep passes. I doubt ND's running game will be successful unless the use those short passes to open up the run a bit.

If we go into the game knowing where ND's checkdown man is on passing downs they are going to be in deep doodoo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's terrible advise.

Dec 9, 2018, 7:15 PM

Exactly. If the Tigers take away the initial target, the D Line will be on Book. That kind of advice from Herbie and Davis can get Book a free ride to a local hospital.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's terrible advise.

Dec 10, 2018, 10:16 AM

Great insight Herbie. Also, water is wet!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic