Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Dabo Swinney: Players safer at Clemson, virus won't go away if football canceled
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

TNET: Dabo Swinney: Players safer at Clemson, virus won't go away if football canceled

Aug 10, 2020, 8:01 PM

Dabo Swinney: Players safer at Clemson, virus won't go away if football canceled

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney says that if we were guaranteed the virus would go away if football wasn’t played, he would be the first to sign up. However, that isn’t happening, and he thinks the safest place for his players is on campus, playing the game they love. (Photo courtesy of CU Athletics) Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney: Players safer at Clemson, virus won't go away if football canceled

Aug 10, 2020, 8:38 PM

Where is this idea of any school changing conferences coming from? Being a member of a conference is a legal, contractual situation and unless all conference members agree to waive payment for breaking the contract, that would not happen. Fake news.

Not accurate. Force Majure changes that***

Aug 10, 2020, 8:52 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney: Players safer at Clemson, virus won't go away if football canceled

Aug 10, 2020, 8:46 PM

“I’ll just tell you we’ll play whoever, whenever, wherever.”

If that doesn’t get your juices flowing, you don’t bleed orange!!

SPOT THE MF’N BALL!!! GO TIGERS!!!

hes correct its going to be here in the spring

Aug 10, 2020, 8:59 PM

and next fall....baring a cure ..even if they do get a vaccine which is far from guaranteed the virus will still be around just as the flu..at some point you have to learn to live with the virus around you

Re: hes correct its going to be here in the spring

Aug 10, 2020, 9:31 PM

For people under the age of 60 in average physical condition with an average immune system, this is less a threat than eating fast food. The irresponsible powers that be are ruining businesses, careers and lives. No 20 yr old in the physical shape these kids are in would suffer any more than a common cold. Let 'em play! Let the boys play!

Re: hes correct its going to be here in the spring

Aug 10, 2020, 9:50 PM

You might want to ask "X" about that moronic statement but for now enjoy the moment, the practices and the team - nothing is sweeter than when you might lose it.
Until then people please defer only to those who know and are learning more each day (Scientists and Physicians) and don't make proclamations about something you know nothing about.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or not***

Aug 10, 2020, 11:38 PM [ in reply to hes correct its going to be here in the spring ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somebody tell Dabo that his mask is the worst you can

Aug 10, 2020, 9:55 PM

Possibly use. Duke tested all of them-bandana style cold be worse than no mask since it can concentrate water droplets more. Probably a lot of other people saw this as well. Just want all our people to stay safe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2020, 9:59 PM

The Big 10 canceled football, but Nebraska and Iowa voted against that and want to play. I saw on a Nebraska site that they were looking for opponents.
Is it really coming to that? Do they have the power to do that? If so, I am all in. I'm no Husker fan, but I do respect their tradition and their passion for football.
This is just all out of control and canceling the season will do nothing to fix any virus. Only the presidential election will do that. What a load of crap.

Aug 10, 2020, 11:51 PM

Actually I saw where the Big 10 DID NOT vote tonight - don't know for sure. Not saying they won't, but let's try to all stay with facts. For our part I have no doubt that Dabo can and will keep players as safe or safer than if they go home - the concern is what everyone else will do.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree

Aug 10, 2020, 11:40 PM

You just have to keep up with coaches and family. Trips to Miami would not be good. :)

Aug 11, 2020, 2:25 AM

Unfortunately, wishing what Coach said was true doesn't make it so.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic