Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Cycling out? Not when the program is running like a Rolls Royce
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

TNET: Cycling out? Not when the program is running like a Rolls Royce

Dec 20, 2018, 7:01 AM

Cycling out? Not when the program is running like a Rolls Royce

Cycling out? Yeah. That’s not happening. Not anytime soon anyway. The Tigers continue to recruit at a high level, while the teams chasing them continue to make incremental gains that amount to running in place. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cycling out of the roach next year with #6***

Dec 20, 2018, 7:19 AM

Fear the OTHER thumb!!!

Dec 20, 2018, 10:40 AM

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Go Tigers!

Dec 20, 2018, 7:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Cycling out? Not when the program is running like a Rolls Royce

Dec 20, 2018, 7:53 AM

For those who lean on class rankings: The #7 so far equals the previous 5 year high, and look where that has gotten us.

2014 - #16
2015 - #9
2016 - #11
2017 - #16
2018 - #7
2019 - #7
(247 composite)

Those 2014-2018 numbers have translated to 3 playoffs and a national championship. I'd say two #7s in a row doesn't bode well for our adversaries.

Dec 20, 2018, 8:03 AM

Is the statement "most of those players were hand picked by defensive coordinator Brent Venables" a way to lessen the blow that we are losing (2) 5-star and (3) 4-star DLs and gaining (1) 4-star and (4) 3-star DLs? I'm not saying that any of these guys might not be phenomenal, but it was an interesting way to spin an underwhelming position group (on paper) compared to what we have recruited the last few years.

Dec 20, 2018, 8:20 AM

I believe both Orhorhoro and Reuben haven't been playing football very long. They're tremendous athletes, but still very raw in the fundamentals. That works okay for us, because we don't need them to come in and be impact players right away... we have plenty of DE depth on the roster that will allow them time to develop into the elite players this coaching staff expects. So yea, maybe they're not ranked super high right now, but give them a couple of years to develop under our staff, and look out!

null

Dec 20, 2018, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Cycling out? Not when the program is running like a Rolls Royce ]

I’ll take BV’s hand picked talent over some “recruiting service” evaluation any day.

Dec 20, 2018, 9:01 AM

That's fine, and I'm not saying that they aren't or won't be good players. All the players are "hand-picked" by the coaches, that doesn't mean that they were the first option.

Their REPLACEMENTS were brought in last year

Dec 20, 2018, 9:39 AM

We just got lucky to hold onto 5 of em on D an extra year, while their replacements got ready.

Dec 20, 2018, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Cycling out? Not when the program is running like a Rolls Royce ]

I agree. Also, I know that most schools are talking about how great their new class is, and the chickens are no different. They are 11th in the SEC and way behind us, so, looks like more of the same. I'm loving it down here in Cola-town. Go Tigers!

Dec 21, 2018, 2:21 PM

You and me both are loving it when out about sporting our Clemson gear here in chicken town. It's really fun walking in any where around here and seeing their faces staring at our Paw and not being able to say a word bc of the fear of hearing us Quote history and our past 5 games with them, and the great shape that our FB program is in. They are in that place we have always heard it called, between a rock and a hard spot. I can see the distaste they have of us being so brandish with our choice to wear our Clemson gear out in mostly a coot environment. You can see and feel the hate vibes coming from them without them being able to mumble a word bc they fear we will hear them and respond!!!

It is more than adequate pay back from their little run/streak, and us Tiger fans in cootlumbia don't have to say a word to them, just sport our brand in what we wear around here, and it's more than words could ever say, but I'm prepared to do so if I ever have to!!! Go Tigers, living here in chicken town is now bearable again!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2018, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Cycling out? Not when the program is running like a Rolls Royce ]

Can you clearly tell the difference in a 5 star player and 4 star player without them being marked by a recruiting service?

Dec 20, 2018, 9:09 AM

Can someone tell me about the California QB we've been recruiting. Has he announced?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2018, 9:14 AM

He's a 2020 player and no.

Dec 20, 2018, 9:09 AM

Can someone tell me about the California QB we've been recruiting. Has he announced?

had the same question, Jan/Feb 2019, this was early signing***

Dec 20, 2018, 9:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: had the same question, Jan/Feb 2019, this was early signing***

Dec 20, 2018, 6:33 PM

Great. Thanks.

Dec 20, 2018, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Cycling out? Not when the program is running like a Rolls Royce ]

He has not announced yet but the crystal ball is in our favor. His arm strength may be the equal of trevor’s. If it isn’t it’s not far off. He is very impressive to watch.

Cycling out of reach of coots is what we're cycling out of!***

Dec 20, 2018, 9:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Toad Ellis seems to enjoy...

Dec 20, 2018, 10:17 AM

making himself look like a complete idiot.

He needs to learn that it's better to let people think you're a moron than to open your mouth and prove it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

He enjoys saying TOUCHDOWN CLEMSON***

Dec 20, 2018, 10:40 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2018, 10:32 AM

Plus 1 for the article head line, nothing like punching your rivals big talkers in their face with a smooth running Rolls Royce. That was just too cool, in your face coots!!!

Plus 1 David Hood;)

Did Dabo say

Dec 20, 2018, 11:12 AM

If they don’t visit, they don’t get an offer? I don’t believe ETN ever visited.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did Dabo say

Dec 20, 2018, 4:25 PM

Not much context included there. Dabo was talking about not doing official visits in the spring. Everyone wants to take a free trip to Clemson (due to our "Rolls-Royce"-esque brand). He said if a guy isn't willing to sacrifice a little and come visit on his own dime in the spring, he's not going to be committed to a school for 4 years.

ETN was a little bit different situation, as we were pretty late to the game on him. There wasn't a lot of time for him to come visit, so Tony Elliot went to visit them. I do believe he came for a visit the week after that, before he committed, but I could be wrong. We were done at running back until Richardson de-committed, so there was no point in bringing ETN in prior to that late de-commitment.

Dec 20, 2018, 5:28 PM

ETN did come for a visit with his family after he was visited in Louisiana. But it was all very quick and a wonderful turn of events for us.

Dec 21, 2018, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Did Dabo say ]

I think you are correct, we needed a RB for that Cycle in, for a boost to the Rolls Royce tuning!!!

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic