Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson football demonstration leaders want to change the world
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson football demonstration leaders want to change the world

Jun 11, 2020, 2:01 PM

Clemson football demonstration leaders want to change the world

The Clemson University football team has led the way on the field in recent seasons, making five consecutive trips to the College Football Playoff. Now the Tigers want to lead the way off the field and will lead a march Saturday to advocate for social change. In their own words, they want to change the world. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson football demonstration leaders want to change the world

Jun 11, 2020, 2:06 PM

I hope people only show up if you want to support much needed major change. This is NOT a fan event.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever it takes to get people to listen!

Jun 11, 2020, 2:21 PM

After spending a few minutes on this board, there are A LOT of people that could use a good lesson...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whatever it takes to get people to listen!

Jun 11, 2020, 2:28 PM

That sounds like a threat. That poster has a right to his feelings as
you do yours. Everybody doesn't want some of the changes that the left
wants. As far as treating people with respect and recognizing their worth
to society is right on as long as they are law-abiding. WHATEVER IT TAKE'S,
explain that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2020, 2:36 PM

irmotig® said:

That sounds like a threat. That poster has a right to his feelings as
you do yours. Everybody doesn't want some of the changes that the left
wants. As far as treating people with respect and recognizing their worth
to society is right on as long as they are law-abiding. WHATEVER IT TAKE'S,
explain that.

Try opening your mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrXxFR9DBjA

Jun 11, 2020, 3:09 PM

Demented, my mind is open. I believe that everyone
should be able to form an opinion without being
attacked with idle threats. You appear to be a
person who is full of anger.

Typical liberal intolerance ########. Guess what, you are

Jun 11, 2020, 5:11 PM [ in reply to Whatever it takes to get people to listen! ]

wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Typical liberal intolerance ########. Guess what, you are

Jun 11, 2020, 7:01 PM

How can you automatically assume the post you're referrring to is "liberal"? The post could be interpreted either way.

Your assumption just proved you are prejudiced.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2020, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson football demonstration leaders want to change the world ]

An issue is that students aren't allowed on the University campus per the President of the University. So, if a protest is allowed on campus the University is breaking their own rules. Students were not allowed on campus for any reason, period.

A protest no matter how worthy the cause should not be allowed on campus is the students aren't allowed on campus for class, labs, library, etc.

Jun 11, 2020, 4:57 PM

It is only social distancing unless you want to protest for BLM a group that calls for the Death of Police. Otherwise stay hunkered down or the virus will get you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May non-athletes, but for athletes it's fine

Jun 11, 2020, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson football demonstration leaders want to change the world ]

Also, people can and do visit campus. If people want to go, they can. Clemson just isn't responsible for housing and providing for all students right now.

https://www.live5news.com/2020/05/26/clemson-athletics-welcomes-football-basketball-student-athletes-june/

Clemson

Jun 11, 2020, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson football demonstration leaders want to change the world ]

I'm proud of our team!

Jun 11, 2020, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson football demonstration leaders want to change the world ]

Who made you the leader to determine what type of people that should be there bc I actually thought that you should be a fan of change, and what better way to get a foothold on that better would be with every Clemson fan that can get there, and that is bc, Clemson FB fans are known across FB nation as being one of the most respectable fan bases in the country, and that has to be bc Clemson fans understand that respecting others that come to visit is the best way to be, and if I was pushing for a movement for change, those are the type of people that I would want on my side. Just saying we can do it for our opposing visitors, we would be good for changes and speaking out against police brutality for everybody of every race....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2020, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson football demonstration leaders want to change the world ]

yea!! This is about diversity and inclusion and if you BLAH BLAH BLAH, you better not be there!!

typical

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Jun 11, 2020, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson football demonstration leaders want to change the world ]

What are some of your ideas for major change?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2020, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson football demonstration leaders want to change the world ]

What are some of your ideas for major change?

Jun 11, 2020, 4:04 PM

How is this for beginners? A major Federal "Marshall Type Plan" to focus on Education, Health, and Job Development for Blacks. We whites have benefitted from differential and favorable investments in these areas since the time of slavery. The argument that, "I didn't own slaves" doesn't stand the test of logic.The situation today flows like a huge river since the beginning of our nation

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2020, 4:39 PM

That's at least a little more informative than a slogan. I was thinking about a federal law that was administered by the states. The law would require law enforcement to regularly see a psychologist. One psychologist would be a regular, the law enforcement officer sees say monthly, and another (supervisory type) psychologist would be someone the officer did not know. Some sort of decision can be made about the officers mental state - maybe time off for more counseling, maybe the officer doesn't need to be in law enforcement.
I hear a lot of slogans and what sounds like programmed speech, but I don't hear a lot of ideas. Maybe this is a good idea, maybe not, but we need more thoughtful ideas. Thank you for your thoughts. Sorry to be so long winded.

Jun 11, 2020, 5:04 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson football demonstration leaders want to change the world ]

How about this for a beginner - End the slaughter of unborn black children with a Federal Law.
Since we are preaching equality - we might as well end the slaughter for all unborn children - Red and Yellow, Back and White they are precious in His sight.

Jun 11, 2020, 5:25 PM

Optimally humane

I would be there if I could.

Jun 11, 2020, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson football demonstration leaders want to change the world ]

We are fortunate to have such great young men/leaders on our team.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jun 12, 2020, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson football demonstration leaders want to change the world ]

I’ll be there. Hoping to get some autographed footballs.

Jun 11, 2020, 2:39 PM

I hope these guys will take time to study the history of this country and understand that BLM is a Marxist organization that wants to destroy America...They are right that black lives are important along with All lives.

Jun 11, 2020, 3:48 PM

Where is the evidence that it is a Marxist organization? It seems like a Christian and patriotic move to fulfill our Constitutional promises of equality for all.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2020, 5:01 PM

Not sure if BLM is a Marxist organization.... But it's definitely not based on Biblical Christianity....

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

Jun 11, 2020, 5:35 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson football demonstration leaders want to change the world ]

With just a little research you will find that their founder, is driven by anti-capitalism principals. She is using the black community to help her reach her goal of destroying the American economy. That is why ANTIFA is so closely aligned with the BLM movement. Quite reading the headlines and listening to the sound bites. Dig a little deeper and the truth will shock you. Don’t be a sheep.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

be careful what you ask for...***

Jun 11, 2020, 2:53 PM

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Jun 11, 2020, 3:12 PM

I appreciate their good intentions. But only God can change this world, and He won't unless the people change. (2 Chronicles 7:14).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds a bit contradictory

Jun 11, 2020, 3:17 PM

But perhaps the people are trying to change now.

Sounds a bit contradictory

Jun 11, 2020, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson football demonstration leaders want to change the world ]

But perhaps the people are trying to change now.

you cant have just one side change

Jun 11, 2020, 4:07 PM

black lives mater except to blacks in big cities.

my life matters as does every ones does.

the only folk i see on the tv preaching hate are the black ones.

al sharpton jesse jackson all nfl players who take a knee.

the police in this country have a very tough job i watch live pd and most of the issues stem from people ignoring the officers commands if he say sit you sit.

we are very close to losing the country over racial striffe and the obamas of the world are fanning that flame with antifa and blm.

i just want to live in peace with all without having to appease everyone every minute of every day.

and now college football players are going to start wadding into politics just play football.

go tigers!

Re: you cant have just one side change

Jun 11, 2020, 4:21 PM

Uhhh buddy... got some news for you about live pd

Jun 11, 2020, 5:39 PM [ in reply to you cant have just one side change ]

You are correct, a wise man, Thomas Sowell, was quoted as saying, “while there is some racism still in the country, it is being kept on life support by the media, politicians and race baiters who make a living off the strife.”

Jun 11, 2020, 6:41 PM

You are correct, a wise man, Thomas Sowell, was quoted as saying, “while there is some racism still in the country, it is being kept on life support by the media, politicians and race baiters who make a living off the strife.”

"The word 'racism' is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything - and demanding evidence makes you a racist."
- Thomas Sowell

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 11, 2020, 10:15 PM

I'm one of those guys that puts ketchup on scrambled eggs, and I actually enjoy it on darn near anything - even mac-n-cheese. No "evidence" of my ketchup attack on foods is required, it's obvious to anyone who knows me. Apparently, my love of ketchup might make me a racist...? Or, is it those who demand "evidence" of my love of ketchup who are "racist"? 'Walking on egg shells here, but a quote is a quote, even if out of context, and I hope all replies only hope for, and point to an intelligent and compassionate future.

Go Tigers!!!

I hope they can change the police brutality in Clemson

Jun 11, 2020, 4:52 PM

the police need to be held accountable

Since I received my B.S. in 1966, proud to see Clemson come

Jun 11, 2020, 10:01 PM

a long way to civility.

Kind of a vague notion for change.

Jun 12, 2020, 7:49 AM

Ban the Police? Ridiculous. I'm for holding everyone accountable for their actions. We need minority accountability for the State of their house as well.

Re: Kind of a vague notion for change.

Jun 12, 2020, 9:16 AM

Educate yourself on what refund the police means. It does NOT mean abolishing the police.

Jun 12, 2020, 11:36 AM

The Clemson University football team has led the way on the field in recent seasons, making five consecutive trips to the College Football Playoff. Now the Tigers want to lead the way off the field and will lead a march Saturday to advocate for social change. In their own words, they want to change the world. Full Story »

We must remember that we, as a people, can change the outward actions of citizens through force and laws. But, to change the heart of the people, it will take much more. Understanding, Love, Education and a complete self study of why we have deep rooted hate and desire to hurt others.
We must guard against the pendulum swinging to far past center. However, we cannot stop until it is centered and every human being is truly equal in every respect.

Jun 12, 2020, 11:36 AM

We must remember that we, as a people, can change the outward actions of citizens through force and laws. But, to change the heart of the people, it will take much more. Understanding, Love, Education and a complete self study of why we have deep rooted hate and desire to hurt others.
We must guard against the pendulum swinging to far past center. However, we cannot stop until it is centered and every human being is truly equal in every respect.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic