Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Brownell: It's challenging to run a good program doing the right things
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,300

TNET: Brownell: It's challenging to run a good program doing the right things

Oct 10, 2018, 12:29 PM

Brownell: It's challenging to run a good program doing the right things

The recent FBI investigation into NCAA basketball hasn’t changed the way the sport operates, according to Clemson head basketball coach Brad Brownell.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s time to name names. Insinuations won’t stop it.***

Oct 10, 2018, 12:49 PM

Re: TNET: Brownell: It's challenging to run a good program doing the right things

Oct 10, 2018, 12:53 PM

Brad absolutely does things the right way. I am proud to be a fan of this program and to know we do place a very high standard on the young men we recruit and coach. Coach is a heck of a person and we are lucky to have him.

I absolutely agree!***

Oct 10, 2018, 10:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I watched a documentary called Student Athlete on HBO last

Oct 10, 2018, 1:01 PM

Re: I watched a documentary called Student Athlete on HBO last

Oct 10, 2018, 1:47 PM

Brad knows what Brad knows. I trust him.

Re: TNET: Brownell: It's challenging to run a good program doing the right things

Oct 10, 2018, 7:22 PM

Yeah, and just a year ago probably the majority of the fan base wanted Brownell gone and they would have been happy to have one of the cheaters as long as he won. Proud he's our guy and I hope he can continue winning the right way.

That being said I get the sense he doesn't think much has changed. It will be interesting to see whether the results of the trial change anything at the NCAA or whether they are too addicted to the money the cheaters bring in.

Oct 10, 2018, 10:07 PM

A very large amount of these kids come from very poor families that gave to these kids so to help them be successful, and a lot of those poor families will be OK with getting paid back with any means offered bc the parents aren't going to be the ones going to jail bc their sons was given a huge bag of money that they're not going to confess that they knew about it or where it came from. And Brownell was 100% right, the authorities can not stop it bc those kids and their parents are sick and tired of being sick and tired of being dirt poor. If I were in their places living in the projects praying that their kid will be successful in a sport, bc if they're not, they end up getting killed from being in a gang. Being in their shoes, I would take the money every time it was offered!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't blame kids for cashing in

Oct 10, 2018, 9:57 PM

If Nike pays Zion 1 million to go to Duke and 200K to go to Clemson that's a no-brainer

Re: I don't blame kids for cashing in

Oct 10, 2018, 10:11 PM

First thing that came to my mind with both those kids, was they just got paid!!! And the FBI or what ever law enforcement that gets after it, they only give away what they look for, and the bag men finds another more thoughtful better way to funnel the money!!!Just use a throw away phone, call them and tell them exactly where they saw a big bag of money just laying there, then throw that phone in the river, or change the sim card!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,300
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic