Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Brent Venables defends Dabo Swinney: "Nobody on this earth that I have more respect for"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

TNET: Brent Venables defends Dabo Swinney: "Nobody on this earth that I have more respect for"

Dec 28, 2020, 2:31 PM

Brent Venables defends Dabo Swinney: "Nobody on this earth that I have more respect for"

Brent Venables didn’t hesitate in rushing to Dabo Swinney’s defense Monday afternoon, saying that anyone surprised by the comments Swinney made about Ohio State’s schedule isn’t paying attention. Venables said Swinney will speak his mind, is comfortable in his own skin, and has made Venables a better coach, husband, and father. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Couldn’t agree more***

Dec 28, 2020, 2:42 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: TNET: Brent Venables defends Dabo Swinney: "Nobody on this earth that I have more respect for"

Dec 28, 2020, 2:43 PM

Wow! Doesn't get any better than what Venables said about Swinneyl

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So Venables probably won’t be taking the Arizona job, amirite?***

Dec 28, 2020, 2:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: TNET: Brent Venables defends Dabo Swinney: "Nobody on this earth that I have more respect for"

Dec 28, 2020, 2:56 PM

Those who truly know Dabo never question his character because they watch him live out his words. He’s no fake! Glad he’s our coach

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2020, 5:02 PM

Definitely teared up listening to him speak. Both are the ??. Exactly why I'd give both of them lifetime contracts or however you do that stuff. I firmly believe at some point both will have an award named after them. Once in a lifetime coaches.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yahtzee Bingo.

Dec 28, 2020, 5:07 PM

You tell 'em, Brent. I love it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"...he's impacted and changed for the better so many lives."

Dec 28, 2020, 5:45 PM

I am 1,000% convinced that God gave Dabo a gift to do just that. And set him up in this job to do that on a larger scale.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I’ve seen Coach BV on the sidelines and

Dec 28, 2020, 6:30 PM

sensed he and Dabo did not agree with each other at that specific time. Based on BV’s statement it’s probably very true but yet he still has the utmost respect for Coach Swinney. Agreeing on every single thing is not healthy for any team, business or organization!

Really respect Coach BV for his comments! He’s an awesome guy!

Go Tigers!

Dec 28, 2020, 6:48 PM

I've told y'all I love and repsect Dabo.

But, I have a man crush on Brent. ??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2020, 6:56 PM

In my opinion this needs to be the narrative more often. The media is constantly trying to shout Dabo down and he’s not having any of it. It’s great to see BV stand right beside him. I honestly don’t get it - there are some real turds in sports in general and college football in particular and the guy who draws the most fire deserves it the least. I guess they just don’t like how he makes them feel about themselves and the positions they constantly are pushing on the public.

It’s simple, people who know Dabo love and respect him.

Dec 28, 2020, 7:35 PM

People who feel threatened by Dabo mischaracterize him and try to tear him down.

Glorified shock jocks like Finebaum. No name ESPN people trying to get their name out there. Opposing fans and coaches. Organizations that are diametrically opposed to his beliefs. They hate him. Too bad for them.

null

Re: It’s simple, people who know Dabo love and respect him.

Dec 28, 2020, 7:46 PM

Swarley said:

People who feel threatened by Dabo mischaracterize him and try to tear him down.

Glorified shock jocks like Finebaum. No name ESPN people trying to get their name out there. Opposing fans and coaches. Organizations that are diametrically opposed to his beliefs. They hate him. Too bad for them.

You and Calhoun2 said it: "it's because he is unwavering in his beliefs that they can't stand him"! If he changed and gave in to what they wanted him to say: "he's fake loved and fake admired"! But, it would all be smoke and mirrors!
Take him or leave him - he is who he is. I have heard some very negative things about him. In particular his supposed lack of support for his minority players. But, in things that the man has done. Time he has given. Things he has remembered and that are important to him - I totally dismiss any non-sense about the man!
It makes me sick that people are so behind hurt they try and dog this man! He is a straight up! He is a Christian and don't fool yourself - that draws some of the heat he gets as well! He isn't quiet about it and some people want to try and point out anything they can to try and criticize him. They only serve to strengthen him.

Glad he is the HC of the Clemson Tigers! And glad we have had the privilege's of having the coaches we have. Including but not limited to Brent Venables - who I think is a football savant.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2020, 8:35 PM

STUD'S!!!!!!!!...YO!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2020, 8:37 PM

Agree with Coach V. I’m also pretty sure every Buckeye’s locker is numbered 11. We’ll get their best shot. Hope it is not enough.

Dec 29, 2020, 12:56 PM

These relationships between the coaches and the coaches and players are what separate a talented team that never reaches its potential (UGA) from a great team! We are very fortunate.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic